pixeltracker

Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances- Page 9

Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances

sondmon
#200Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances
Posted: 4/10/17 at 10:46am

Didn't know that Sondheim's partner/husband is in his 30s. Interesting.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#201Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances
Posted: 4/11/17 at 9:50am

https://www.playbill.com/article/norm-lewis-and-carolee-carmello-join-cast-of-sweeney-todd-april-11

Norm and Carolee are starting tonight! Is anybody going soon? I'll be headed to see them next month Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances

Talico
#202Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances
Posted: 5/4/17 at 11:26pm

If anyone is looking for tickets, they just released a new batch on some great places. I just got one for May 19th, G10.

Nycat63
#203Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances
Posted: 5/4/17 at 11:40pm

Talico said: "If anyone is looking for tickets, they just released a new batch on some great places. I just got one for May 19th, G10.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!!  My greatest regret was not getting tickets to this in time for my trip in June.  Just got 2 table seats for June 18 that definitely weren't there before today!!

amaklo
#204Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances
Posted: 5/6/17 at 2:16pm

Those Row G seats are the best seats in the house, IMO.  Enjoy!

Nycat63
#205Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances
Posted: 5/6/17 at 3:17pm

Anyone able to comment on C9 and C10?  Was happy that they aren't considered "twisting seats" as I have a bad back...curious if people have liked those seats.  I am totally up for the immersion so I'm hoping we will see some action there?

Also, unrelated to quality of seats, I'm assuming they don't have chairbacks and I should prepare for a bit of pain, or do they?

willep
#206Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances
Posted: 5/6/17 at 5:00pm

Nycat63 said: "Anyone able to comment on C9 and C10?  Was happy that they aren't considered "twisting seats" as I have a bad back...curious if people have liked those seats.  I am totally up for the immersion so I'm hoping we will see some action there?

Also, unrelated to quality of seats, I'm assuming they don't have chairbacks and I should prepare for a bit of pain, or do they?
"

I would have to double check my ticket, but I believe that is where I sat and I loved it. The only difficulty was when a character would sit at the end of one of the tables nearbthe pie counter. The table seats are long benches that do have back rests.

ETA: Just checked and I was actually in E10, so I would think if anything, your tickets are even better than mine was...

Updated On: 5/6/17 at 05:00 PM

Nycat63
#207Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances
Posted: 5/6/17 at 6:26pm

willep said: "Nycat63 said: "Anyone able to comment on C9 and C10?  Was happy that they aren't considered "twisting seats" as I have a bad back...curious if people have liked those seats.  I am totally up for the immersion so I'm hoping we will see some action there?

"

I would have to double check my ticket, but I believe that is where I sat and I loved it. The only difficulty was when a character would sit at the end of one of the tables nearbthe pie counter. The table seats are long benches that do have back rests.

ETA: Just checked and I was actually in E10, so I would think if anything, your tickets are even better than mine was...

"Thanks for the info!  Really excited to see this even if it means a little discomfort on benches!  

Updated On: 5/6/17 at 06:26 PM

reginula Profile Photo
reginula
#208Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances
Posted: 7/24/17 at 2:59pm

So, are partial view seats (the second row upstairs) to be avoided? It's really affordable, but if you miss a LOT, I wonder if it is worth. (Also, I'm 5'5"Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances

ChairinMain Profile Photo
ChairinMain
#209Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances
Posted: 7/24/17 at 3:21pm

At your height, You basically have to stand to see anything.

Leah Robertson
#210Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances
Posted: 7/24/17 at 3:42pm

Spend more for the floor seats if you can! I felt very detached from the fun. Had to do a lot of stretching and leaning to see around the people in front of me. And totally missed pastes where they are standing on the tables.

HSky
#211Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances
Posted: 7/24/17 at 4:19pm

I'd only recommend it if you can get on the aisle, it keeps your view of the middle clear and gives you a bit more room to peek around the front row.

Hamilfan2
#212Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances
Posted: 7/24/17 at 9:12pm

Has anyone seen the show with Carolee's understudy?  I am trying to catch one of Norm's last shows but it looks like she will be out.  Curious to know how the understudy is

Hamilfan2
#213Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances
Posted: 7/24/17 at 9:12pm

Has anyone seen the show with Carolee's understudy?  I am trying to catch one of Norm's last shows but it looks like she will be out.  Curious to know how the understudy is

NotTheComfyChair Profile Photo
NotTheComfyChair
#214Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances
Posted: 7/24/17 at 11:30pm

The actor is Liz Pierce and she's great.

Cape Twirl of Doom Profile Photo
Cape Twirl of Doom
#215Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances
Posted: 7/25/17 at 12:16am

tipstosaveonbroadway said: "pnewelljr said: "I just saw this last night (last minute cancellation), and I don't have much to say about the production itself that hasn't been said 10 times over (it was wonderful, as well as my first time seeing Sweeney ever). I did want to point out a few tips, and things I did not realize going in. I made a seating chart that will hopefully help people understand how this is staged better than I understood it going in.

The letter grades are how "in the action" you will feel during the show. This is obviously based on my opinions/observations, as I have not actually sat in every seat. I was in an "E" rated seat.

What was not clear, is where the STAGE is, is where 80% of the action takes place. Another 15% takes place on top of the tables. 5% takes place between the tables section and the back counters (E counters). If you want to feel really like you are part of the story that is going on, pick an A seat.

Also, to corroborate with those who felt like they were "watching other people have a good time" when seated in the upstairs. I overheard multiple people mentioning the same sentiment. After taking a look up there, I can see why. If you are considering an upstairs seat, spend $15 more and get a twisting seat. It'll be worth every penny.

All that to say, if you just want to take in the production but not be part of it, the E counters had a wonderful view (although I would have picked 1st row E counter instead if I had the choice). This feels in ways the equivalent of 1st and 2nd row seats at an in the round production (so perfect views).
Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances

Thank you so much for this informative post! All the work that you put in was extremely helpful. We got 3 tickets for August. Can't wait!

Thank you! The seating looked so confusing and this has been a great help! I just picked up one in seat C1 for September!!

"It's Phantom meets Hamlet... Phamlet!"

RagzJr
#216Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances
Posted: 7/25/17 at 9:13am

I was looking at tickets for Friday, August 11 and can only find row F (front row of the balcony seats) for two seats next to each other.  Kinda' breaks my heart as I'd really like to get the full experience.  For anyone who's sat in that row, what was your experience like?

Caye2
#217Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances
Posted: 7/25/17 at 9:52am

Are there any discount codes for this show? 

RagzJr
#218Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances
Posted: 7/25/17 at 11:05am

OOPS... I meant AA (front row mezz)... oy...  Anyway, I see that you get pies (lovely), but not sure if I'd feel I was missing out at all.  Still worth it?

10086Sundays
#219Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances
Posted: 7/25/17 at 12:24pm

RagzJr - Consider waiting until closer to the show date. I  was able to grab one of the great row G counter seats (labelled as E in that graphic and are perpendicular to the tables) the night before the show.  And there were a number of other seats released in the days just prior as well.  Although, since it's just before Norm's last show, that might not happen, so it's up to you regrading risk.  

Norm Lewis yelling at me is still one of the greatest experiences I've had in the theater.

RagzJr
#220Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances
Posted: 7/25/17 at 2:15pm

Thanks, 100865Sundays!

AND, of course, I looked again and Carolee will be out!  ...sigh...

Leah Robertson
#221Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances
Posted: 7/25/17 at 4:40pm

RagzJr said: "OOPS... I meant AA (front row mezz)... oy...  Anyway, I see that you get pies (lovely), but not sure if I'd feel I was missing out at all.  Still worth it?

If I knew how to post a picture, I'd show you the view from my BB seat. I'd definitely rather sit there than miss the show altogether, but on the other hand, I would have paid for the counter seats on the floor if I had known at the time I purchased them. I bought them last October for a March performance, and by the time we got notification about the obstruction, it was too late to get different seats.

MarkBearSF Profile Photo
MarkBearSF
#222Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances
Posted: 7/25/17 at 7:10pm

10086Sundays said: "Norm Lewis yelling at me is still one of the greatest experiences I've had in the theater."

I sat there too. And I totally agree.

Ken6
#223Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances
Posted: 7/25/17 at 7:47pm

How are those dark green seats in B?  The sat twisting seats and are cheaper... worth saving the money and getting them?

Hairspray0901
#224Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances
Posted: 7/25/17 at 9:28pm

I just splurged and bought G5 for Saturday! Can't wait!!!