pixeltracker

Hello Dolly -Invited Dress Rehearsals-- Page 2

Hello Dolly -Invited Dress Rehearsals-

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#25Hello Dolly -Invited Dress Rehearsals-
Posted: 3/12/17 at 1:24pm

Tag said: "There are dress rehearsals before invited dress rehearsals.  In fact the cast has probably been in costume (or parts thereof) for a couple weeks already.

"

Agreed.  

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#26Hello Dolly -Invited Dress Rehearsals-
Posted: 3/12/17 at 1:26pm

GreasedLightning said: "DAME said: "It could be Jorge.  But it isn't.   It is true they might've seem a run through.  But the invited dress rehearsals have not begun.  

"

Nobody said they were at an invited dress rehearsal... just simply that they were there. Sit down. 

"

That is NOT what they said.

SmokeyLady Profile Photo
SmokeyLady
#27Hello Dolly -Invited Dress Rehearsals-
Posted: 3/12/17 at 1:29pm

This is funny.  It actually doesn't start for another 30 minutes.. so whoever said they were there is either lying or confused with what they attended.  Sure; anyone with any connection can say they attended a rehearsal or whatever.  But that is not what we are talking about here.  And that is not what they said they saw.

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#28Hello Dolly -Invited Dress Rehearsals-
Posted: 3/12/17 at 1:50pm

DAME said: "GreasedLightning said: "DAME said: "It could be Jorge.  But it isn't.   It is true they might've seem a run through.  But the invited dress rehearsals have not begun.  

"

Nobody said they were at an invited dress rehearsal... just simply that they were there. Sit down. 

"

That is NOT what they said.

"

Quite the message and show me otherwise because I keep reading it and it is not changing. 

GreasedLightning
#29Hello Dolly -Invited Dress Rehearsals-
Posted: 3/12/17 at 1:51pm

SmokeyLady said: "This is funny.  It actually doesn't start for another 30 minutes.. so whoever said they were there is either lying or confused with what they attended.  Sure; anyone with any connection can say they attended a rehearsal or whatever.  But that is not what we are talking about here.  And that is not what they said they saw.

"

They didn't say they were there today? Just that they were THERE for a REHEARSAL on SATURDAY. Christ, people, do you read? 

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#30Hello Dolly -Invited Dress Rehearsals-
Posted: 3/12/17 at 1:53pm

Yeah, come on, just go back and read. He never said he was at an INVITED dress rehearsal.

GreasedLightning
#31Hello Dolly -Invited Dress Rehearsals-
Posted: 3/12/17 at 1:55pm

ljay889 said: "Yeah, come on, just go back and read. He never said he was at an INVITED dress rehearsal.

"

They are two entirely different things. 

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#32Hello Dolly -Invited Dress Rehearsals-
Posted: 3/12/17 at 2:09pm

Yes he did.  He was responding to the comment right before where Valentina asked if he was there..  He said he was there.    Even the title of the thread reads INVITED DRESS REHEARSAL.  

GreasedLightning
#33Hello Dolly -Invited Dress Rehearsals-
Posted: 3/12/17 at 4:13pm

DAME said: "Yes he did.  He was responding to the comment right before where Valentina asked if he was there..  He said he was there.    Even the title of the thread reads INVITED DRESS REHEARSAL.  

"

I understand. I understand what you are saying. I can read. 

My argument is that you refuted the fact that the poster was there at the Shubert Theater and witnessed a rehearsal. I didn't mean an INVITED Dress. Normally, invited dress rehearsals are the day before previews (sometimes two) so I assumed we were all on the same page. You said that it wasn't possible they were there, and it is indeed possible, that they saw a rehearsal. I apologize for the confusion, but I stand by my comment. 

Updated On: 3/12/17 at 04:13 PM

Dollypop
#34Hello Dolly -Invited Dress Rehearsals-
Posted: 3/12/17 at 5:08pm

I'm so confused!

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

bk
#35Hello Dolly -Invited Dress Rehearsals-
Posted: 3/12/17 at 5:09pm

I saw the invited dress - with Dorothy Lamour.  Does that count?

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#36Hello Dolly -Invited Dress Rehearsals-
Posted: 3/12/17 at 6:08pm

Of course it does. And don't Bette and Dorothy actually have a song in common: "The Moon of Mannakoora." No?

Or is it my aged imagination that Bette used to sing that?

Here, for those who await seeing Bette, is the best-ever version of "Before the Parade Passes By," sung by Pearl Bailey:

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#37Hello Dolly -Invited Dress Rehearsals-
Posted: 3/12/17 at 6:09pm

"Best-ever" until Bette, I bet!

mar97
#38Hello Dolly -Invited Dress Rehearsals-
Posted: 3/12/17 at 6:32pm

I will be going Tuesday night. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and the final invited dress rehearsal  will not be cancelled.

10086sunset
#39Hello Dolly -Invited Dress Rehearsals-
Posted: 3/12/17 at 8:04pm

At the end of the day, the show has a massive advance.

The show could be horrible and it wouldn't make a difference. That said, I highly doubt it will be horrible. Bette will own this.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#40Hello Dolly -Invited Dress Rehearsals-
Posted: 3/12/17 at 9:50pm

mar97 said: "I will be going Tuesday night. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and the final invited dress rehearsal  will not be cancelled.

12-18" of snow is expected during most of the day...transportation will be the issue as airports are already posting delays-cancellations possible

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Kinky Boy Profile Photo
Kinky Boy
#41Hello Dolly -Invited Dress Rehearsals-
Posted: 3/12/17 at 9:56pm

if anyone has any comps for tomorrow, HMU!

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#42Hello Dolly -Invited Dress Rehearsals-
Posted: 3/12/17 at 10:00pm

Updated On: 3/12/17 at 10:00 PM

Dollypop
#43Hello Dolly -Invited Dress Rehearsals-
Posted: 3/12/17 at 10:45pm

Regarding the comment about Doll's costume changes:

She only wears 5 costumes and has ample time for each one with the possible exception of the Grant Finale wedding dress.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

@z5
#44Hello Dolly -Invited Dress Rehearsals-
Posted: 3/12/17 at 10:55pm

If anyone has actually gone yet -- could u post a pic of the playbill being used?

Whateverjsays
#45Hello Dolly -Invited Dress Rehearsals-
Posted: 3/12/17 at 11:01pm

I'm just honestly hoping this is the year Gavin Creel finally wins a Tony

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#46Hello Dolly -Invited Dress Rehearsals-
Posted: 3/13/17 at 1:10am

Let's hear it from folks who attended the supposed Sunday matinee invited dress rehearsal. How are the costumes? (that's all I care about right now lol, performances and sound etc. will keep changing for rest of the week I'm sure)

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

MinnieFay
#47Hello Dolly -Invited Dress Rehearsals-
Posted: 3/13/17 at 11:25am

There have been NO INVITED DRESS REHEARSALS!

kmac23 Profile Photo
kmac23
#48Hello Dolly -Invited Dress Rehearsals-
Posted: 3/13/17 at 12:54pm

I would name my first born after someone if they had an extra ticket to this for me. Should be interesting bc of the snow ...

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#49Hello Dolly -Invited Dress Rehearsals-
Posted: 3/13/17 at 1:26pm

MinnieFay said: "There have been NO INVITED DRESS REHEARSALS!"

Okay FINE.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.