pixeltracker

Dreamgirls 2018 Broadway Transfer- Page 2

Dreamgirls 2018 Broadway Transfer

Butter Broadway Profile Photo
Butter Broadway
#25Dreamgirls 2018 Broadway Transfer
Posted: 4/23/17 at 9:10pm

Well then who should do it? Any suggestions? What about that girl from Shuffle Along?

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#26Dreamgirls 2018 Broadway Transfer
Posted: 4/23/17 at 9:15pm

Butter Broadway said: "Well then who should do it? Any suggestions? What about that girl from Shuffle Along?"

I can't tell if this is a joke because that's exactly who I suggested a few posts back - Adrienne Warren.  

brian1973
#27Dreamgirls 2018 Broadway Transfer
Posted: 4/23/17 at 10:16pm

Well she can't be as they have casting sessions in NYC this week for the role..

sparepart973 said: "Looks like Adrianne will be Tina the Musical (about Tina Turner) which will open in London next year, it seems. She's been doing all the workshops. 

"

Cfried
#29Dreamgirls 2018 Broadway Transfer
Posted: 5/2/17 at 3:55pm

I feel like this same article is published once every month. Can we please just get a real confirmation? PLEASE?

castlestreet Profile Photo
castlestreet
#30Dreamgirls 2018 Broadway Transfer
Posted: 5/2/17 at 4:36pm

Cfried said: "I feel like this same article is published once every month. Can we please just get a real confirmation? PLEASE?

"

Those were my thoughts exactly!

DaveyG
#31Dreamgirls 2018 Broadway Transfer
Posted: 5/2/17 at 4:45pm

Agreed. No theatre or official dates yet. 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#32Dreamgirls 2018 Broadway Transfer
Posted: 5/2/17 at 6:09pm

They just posted auditions so it is def. happening. Will it close in London or keep running?

ozjust4 Profile Photo
ozjust4
#33Dreamgirls 2018 Broadway Transfer
Posted: 7/28/17 at 8:40pm

I can't link it, but Sheryl Lee Ralph just said on her Instagram Livestream that Dreamgirls will be playing at the Neil Simon in the spring...

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#34Dreamgirls 2018 Broadway Transfer
Posted: 7/28/17 at 8:52pm

Hmm... wonder how long it'd take to get press confirmation on that. 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#35Dreamgirls 2018 Broadway Transfer
Posted: 7/28/17 at 9:50pm

Hm. Seems the wrong size house for this show. While it's a great show, I don't see it as a "big" show, and the Neil Simon is vast. I saw CATS and The LAST SHIP and felt miles away from either.

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#36Dreamgirls 2018 Broadway Transfer
Posted: 9/7/17 at 11:35am

Since Casey Nicholaw has Mean Girls coming in the spring, could his production of Dreamgirls be delayed until next season?

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#37Dreamgirls 2018 Broadway Transfer
Posted: 9/7/17 at 11:42am

Jeffrey Karasarides said: "Since Casey Nicholaw hasMean Girlscoming in the spring, could his production ofDreamgirls be delayed until next season?"

Well meangirls is having a tryout, so he could potentially be done with everything before it gets to Broadway and Dreamgirls will just be a direct transfer, so not much will change. 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

sparepart973
#38Dreamgirls 2018 Broadway Transfer
Posted: 9/7/17 at 2:59pm

I'm pretty sure Amber, Liisi, Aaron and Tyrone are all transferring the show from London to Broadway. 

#39Dreamgirls 2018 Broadway Transfer
Posted: 9/7/17 at 3:06pm

The definitely need to recast Deena (who sounds like she's on the verge of tears the entire show) and Curtis (who. well... comes across as pretty effeminate)  ... you don't for one minute believe they are a couple.

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#40Dreamgirls 2018 Broadway Transfer
Posted: 9/7/17 at 3:10pm

Also MEAN GIRLS is previewing early March with an early April opening. It's possible that Nicholaw could manage both if DREAMGIRLS opened very close to the Tony cut-off. Michael Mayer was able to pull it off in a similar fashion with AMERICAN IDIOT and EVERYDAY RAPTURE. 

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

David10086 Profile Photo
David10086
#41Dreamgirls 2018 Broadway Transfer
Posted: 9/7/17 at 8:31pm

Maybe they can just mash the two together and put on one production called "Meandreamgirls" ? Audiences will see 2 for the price of 1. Add a revival of 'Funny Girl' and audiences will see 3 for the price of 1 with "Funnymeandreamgirls" ! I think I'm on to something....devil

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#42Dreamgirls 2018 Broadway Transfer
Posted: 9/7/17 at 8:55pm

Deena Jones said: "The definitely need to recast Deena (who sounds like she's on the verge of tears the entire show) and Curtis (who. well... comes across as pretty effeminate) ... you don't for one minute believe they are a couple."

I wholeheartedly agree with this assessment.  They were the weak links.

EvanHansen
#43Dreamgirls 2018 Broadway Transfer
Posted: 10/3/17 at 1:10pm

Is this still happening?

Zingingtobway
#44Dreamgirls 2018 Broadway Transfer
Posted: 10/3/17 at 11:51pm

I do believe it is still happening. I will be curious to see who transfers to Broadway. I have my wish list. I would love to see Felecia Boswell as Deena. I read in previous post that folks think that role show be recast. If they do they need to cast Felecia.

There is nothing in the world better than Live Theater.

SchuylWERKsister Profile Photo
SchuylWERKsister
#45Dreamgirls 2018 Broadway Transfer
Posted: 10/4/17 at 2:25am

EvanHansen said: "Is this still happening?"

I'm hearing a few things. I'm hearing that they're pushing back to next fall which I'm pretty sure is true because the proposed production dates have changed since the initial appointments for those that are in the audition/callback/hold process.

I'm also hearing that there is a push for it to transfer, but not in it's current form. Restoring some of the original staging is being discussed.

And lastly I'm hearing that there is a chance that it will be shelved ala The Wiz.

Updated On: 10/4/17 at 02:25 AM

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#46Dreamgirls 2018 Broadway Transfer
Posted: 10/4/17 at 8:11am

Like I said, I could see the production being delayed to allow Casey Nicholaw to focus on Mean Girls.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#47Dreamgirls 2018 Broadway Transfer
Posted: 10/4/17 at 1:40pm

Is the Original staging needed? I'd love to see a completely new take on it.