Groundhog Day Rush

10086Sundays
#50Groundhog Day Lottery Code
Posted: 8/8/17 at 5:51pm

Removed since it's after 10pm. Hope someone got to use them.

Updated On: 8/8/17 at 05:51 PM

missalys20
#51Groundhog Day Rush Report
Posted: 8/9/17 at 10:44am

I went to rush today and wanted to write a quick rush report! I was choosing between Great Comet and Groundhog Day. I arrived at Great Comet at 6:30, counted thirty people in line, and went straight to the August Wilson. I was the only person there until about 8:45, but most people didn't show up until 9:30 or so. I got tickets 1 and 3 in row C. I hope the show is great! 

10086Sundays
#52Groundhog Day Rush Report
Posted: 8/9/17 at 11:47am

It's a beautiful show!  I hope you enjoy it and spread the word!

mariellie
#53Groundhog Day Rush Report
Posted: 8/10/17 at 12:05pm

I won the lottery for tomorrow 8/11, but just saw the show. The code is qacvE84A and is good for 2 tickets. Hope someone gets to enjoy it - and maybe Bill Murray will be back for a third time :)

NYfanfromCA Profile Photo
NYfanfromCA
#54Groundhog Day Rush Report
Posted: 8/28/17 at 2:52pm

When you lose the lottery, can you use the code to pick any seat for a certain discounted price?

adagio
#55Groundhog Day Rush Report
Posted: 8/28/17 at 3:45pm

NYfanfromCA said: "When you lose the lottery, can you use the code to pick any seat for a certain discounted price?

"

No, some seats are blocked off. I used my lotto consolation code to get front row center for the Sat matinee. The rest of center orch was sold out. The front mezz was blocked off from the discount, but side orch and rear mezz were available.

I loved the front row seat - yes it's really close, but if you're reasonably tall (I'm 5'8" with a long torso) and sit with good posture, it's a great full view. Probably would have gone for front mezz had it been available with the code, but this was the next best thing.

NYfanfromCA Profile Photo
NYfanfromCA
#56Groundhog Day Rush Report
Posted: 8/28/17 at 4:16pm

adagio said: "NYfanfromCA said: "When you lose the lottery, can you use the code to pick any seat for a certain discounted price?

"

No, some seats are blocked off. I used my lotto consolation code to get front row center for the Sat matinee. The rest of center orch was sold out. The front mezz was blocked off from the discount, but side orch and rear mezz were available.

I loved the front row seat - yes it's really close, but if you're reasonably tall (I'm 5'8" with a long torso) and sit with good posture, it's a great full view. Probably would have gone for front mezz had it been available with the code, but this was the next best thing.

"

Thanks for the quick reply.  I am 5'3" so a bit too short for front row, but side orchestra might work.  Glad you had some choices that worked.  Can't wait to see this show before it closes.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#57Groundhog Day Rush Report
Posted: 8/28/17 at 4:24pm

NYfanfromCA said: "adagio said: "NYfanfromCA said: "When you lose the lottery, can you use the code to pick any seat for a certain discounted price?

"

"

Thanks for the quick reply.  I am 5'3" so a bit too short for front row, but side orchestra might work.  Glad you had some choices that worked.  Can't wait to see this show before it closes.

Back in May, I used my lottery consolation code to get a great seat in the front row of the mezzanine, seat A 13, for $69.50. For me, it was a perfect view, since I'm also short.

https://imgur.com/a/ivUaA

Updated On: 8/28/17 at 04:24 PM

10086Sundays
#58Groundhog Day Rush Report
Posted: 8/28/17 at 4:24pm

NYfanfromCA said: "adagio said: "NYfanfromCA said: "When you lose the lottery, can you use the code to pick any seat for a certain discounted price?"

"

"

If you wanted to try front row, they have booster seats available (cushioned ones) and encourage adults and kids alike to use them there.

HSky
#59Groundhog Day Rush Report
Posted: 8/28/17 at 5:07pm

I'm only 5'2" and had no issues with front row side orchestra other than not being able to see the stage floor or some scenic elements (houses) at the rear of the stage.  I did debate asking for a booster at intermission to get a little extra height, but I've seen the show enough times to know I didn't miss anything. Center front row might have been a different story because of the curve of the stage.

AmeliaBedelia
#60Groundhog Day Rush Report
Posted: 9/9/17 at 9:04am

Standing in line now. Got here at 8:50 and there were only 11 people in line. A few more have joined since and now there are 17 in line.

reyannalisa
#61Groundhog Day Rush Report
Posted: 9/9/17 at 10:25am

I really wanna rush next Sunday (closing night). anyone have an estimate on what time I should get in line??

JustAnotherNewYorker
#62Groundhog Day Rush Report
Posted: 9/9/17 at 11:57am

10086Sundays said: "Removed since it's after 10pm. Hope someone got to use them."

FYI, they are not strict on the 10pm deadline. I've used codes the next morning on occasion.

Gonna miss this show

JustAnotherNewYorker
#63Groundhog Day Rush Report
Posted: 9/9/17 at 12:02pm

reyannalisa said: "I really wanna rush next Sunday (closing night). anyone have an estimate on what time I should get in line??"

I don't think anyone has any idea, because every closing is different. At some (e.g., Sunset) TKTS South St gets tickets the day before, and there's lots of rush and lottery tickets. Others (Comet) sell out weeks in advance. 

As of now, the 17th doesn't look sold out and there are still $89 seats available with the Theatermania code in the Orchestra and row D in the mezz. Unless you really really want to say you rushed it, or really want the rush seats (which, I recall, are sometimes partial view extreme side row A) or really want to save the $50 at the cost of risking not getting it and spending lots of time in the line, I'd consider using the TM code and just buying a ticket.

reyannalisa
#64Groundhog Day Rush Report
Posted: 9/9/17 at 9:00pm

just went ahead an bought the orchestra $89 tickets! I was too scared that the rush seats would be a bad view, thanks for the advice.

Jjohansan
#65Groundhog Day Rush Report
Posted: 9/12/17 at 2:15pm

I want to rush for the Saturday matinee. Judging by the reports here i'm thinking that I should be okay if I arrive by 7am?

@z5
#66Groundhog Day Rush Report
Posted: 9/12/17 at 10:53pm

Has anyone gone to the show the last few nights? Is merch there any cheaper since closing is near?

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#67Groundhog Day Rush Report
Posted: 9/12/17 at 10:57pm

@z5 said: "Has anyone gone to the show the last few nights? Is merch there any cheaper since closing is near?"

Yes, but they are running out of some sizes.

Window cards $8

T-shirts are $25 AND two-for-one.

@z5
#68Groundhog Day Rush Report
Posted: 9/12/17 at 11:05pm

Cool - thanks for letting me know! Do you remember anything about mugs by any chance?

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#69Groundhog Day Rush Report
Posted: 9/12/17 at 11:18pm

Only that they were still in stock, not the price.

Crazy NooNooHead Profile Photo
Crazy NooNooHead
#70Groundhog Day Rush Report
Posted: 9/13/17 at 7:52am

It's 7:52 and there are 5 people in the rush line right now. I showed up around 7, and no one else joined until around 7:30.

"I have maggots in my scrotum!"

(Insert Clever Name) Profile Photo
(Insert Clever Name)
#71Groundhog Day Rush Report
Posted: 9/13/17 at 8:37pm

Im looking for it on closing night, any suggestions on the time to get there

(Insert Clever Name)
#72Groundhog Day Rush Report
Posted: 9/13/17 at 8:48pm

Would anyone also happen to know an average of how many and when they give the tix out?

chuckydisc
#73Groundhog Day Rush Report
Posted: 9/13/17 at 11:16pm

(Insert Clever Name) said: "Would anyone also happen to know an average of how many and when they give the tix out?"

Has the box office actually said there WOULD be rush for the finale performance?

(Insert Clever Name)
#74Groundhog Day Rush Report
Posted: 9/15/17 at 9:26pm

Ahhh good point, I may take a risk...

Videos