pixeltracker

'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018- Page 2

'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#25'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 5/17/17 at 10:09pm

I'm looking forward to the crazy excuse that will be delivered to the audience

Pish Tosh  Dan will just step out of the shower cos it was all a dream!

HEY it woiked B4!

(The show already had moments of self-reference, absurd fantasy and even meta references ...several homages to classic American television sitcoms and characters )

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#26'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 5/18/17 at 12:44pm

Wow, people like Becky?

I know what you're saying because I used to be put off by Becky's bratty behavior, but it was when they switched actresses that I realized how good Goransen really was and how essential she was to the cast.  It's not so much about liking the character as it is how convincing Goransen played her.  Her performances of Becky were probably the most realistic portrayal of any character on the show.  To me, she added so much to the connection I had with the Conners.  Goransen's Becky was exactly what you'd see and expect in homes all over Middle America and the perfect foil for Darlene, solidifying their sibling rivalry.  Chalke's Becky was the glossier, softer, less realistic and safer version.  I never felt like she could hold her own against Darlene.

I don't think they had a weak link. 

I do.  Michael Fishman as DJ.  His acting on the show got worse with age.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

BobbyBubbi  Profile Photo
BobbyBubbi
#27'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 5/18/17 at 3:38pm

I'm all for these reboots (with the exception of the lame-ass "Fuller House" which was on my TV for about 20 seconds tops) and jumping on the nostalgia train with characters and formulas that have proved to work in the past, I'm just afraid that in 2017, where every person with an email account is now a "blogger," "reviewer" or in some position of "authority" to tell the world how offended they are about everything, a lot of the subversive, cutting humor that made these shows so successful AND funny, just won't fly anymore. 

So yes, give us Roseanne, give us Will and Grace, but don't give us overly "PC," watered down versions of the original, because that will just be sad, And further stifle the careers of actors who unknowingly committed grandicide the first time around. May the the shows be just as biting, funny and controversial as they were when they first aired! 

.....Also, please PLEASE don't revive Friends. 

Gorlois Profile Photo
Gorlois
#28'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 5/18/17 at 4:49pm

BobbyBubbi said: "I'm all for these reboots (with the exception of the lame-ass "Fuller House" which was on my TV for about 20 seconds tops)"

I thought they should have made that like "The Brady Bunch Movie." I would have much rather have a satire than a continuation.

BobbyBubbi  Profile Photo
BobbyBubbi
#29'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 5/18/17 at 11:06pm

^  Yes. But conservative and religious nut Candace Cameron-Bure would have never gone for that. 

Although I think the rest of the cast have enough of a sense of humor that they would have gone with a more saterical angle. 

SweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
#30'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 5/20/17 at 11:25am

Gorlois said: "I wonder how they'll retcon the finale.

I'm surprised they were able to get everybody back for this. But I'm certainly looking forward to this, and the Will and Grace revival. And the new Carol Burnett sitcom.

Can't stand the woman. Will and Grace---Yeh !!  Carol Burnett---why for pitty sake?[havn't read anything about this-or want to] but along with so many of that generation have allowed the knife to cut too deep to be recognised.

"

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#31'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 5/20/17 at 11:37am

It is OK to leave good memories in the past. Sometimes, it is the best thing.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

MichelleCraig Profile Photo
MichelleCraig
#32'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 5/21/17 at 7:09pm

I saw an article this week that had John Goodman telling Roseanne that he never expected the show to come back. Roseanne responded that as soon as she saw the Trump win, she was sure the show could and would come back.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#33'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 5/21/17 at 10:21pm

She also thought the last season was a good idea.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#34'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 1/9/18 at 11:18am

Roseanne is still very much a Trump supporter. And still subscribes to some of his crazier consipiracy theories. 

Her character on the show will also be a Trump voter.

I think I will pass.

Roseanne Barr attempts to explain both her — and her character’s — Trump support. Sort of.

https://www.vox.com/culture/2018/1/8/16866628/roseanne-new-season-trump

Mister Matt
#35'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 1/9/18 at 11:56am

With Metcalf and Gilbert agreeingto the show, I wonder how it's going to be handled?  I can't imagine it's going to be a Trump propaganda show.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#36'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 1/9/18 at 4:36pm

Does that surprise anyone? Of course the Roseanne character is a Trump voter. I always assumed that.

I have no interest in this reboot for a number of reasons, but that’s not one of them. The fact that Roseanne herself is a weirdo conspiracy theorist, on the other hand, is.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#37'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 1/9/18 at 5:54pm

Sometimes is just best to let sleeping dogs lay.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#38'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 1/9/18 at 6:07pm

Who asked for this??? Did anyone else get the impression John Goodman wasn’t happy with Roseanne at the golden globes?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#39'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 1/10/18 at 9:58am

Well, considering this "let's bring back dead sitcoms" is relatively new...(but we've had,  what, four of them in last few years?) no one asked for any of them, I'm guessing.  It's an idea.   One they flew up the flagpole and saw people salute.  Expect more of them in the future.   Oh, joy.

I'm not sure if her political views will sway people one way or the other about watching the show - but who knows.  And to agree with a previous poster: this IS the kind of family that would have voted for him.  Totally.  Would I be turned off if they brought the current admin into the show?  Most definitely.  I will admit, I am curious about what they might do with the show, however. 

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

ArtMan
#40'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 1/10/18 at 10:19am

I am looking forward to this reboot.  Sara Gilbert is executive producing this.  I am sure if Roseanne Connor is the Trump supporter in the show, Darlene will provide the contrast to Roseanne's views.

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#41'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 1/10/18 at 2:06pm

I agree that it makes sense that Roseanne Conner may be a Trump voter. That doesn't bother me so much.

What bothers me is Roseanne Barr's crazy conspiracy theories. I won't be supporting her work. She belongs on InfoWars, not ABC.

Mister Matt
#42'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 1/11/18 at 4:00pm

Well, considering this "let's bring back dead sitcoms" is relatively new...(but we've had,  what, four of them in last few years?) 

Not just us, but the UK is doing it as well (Cold Feet returned and Porridge got a reboot).  Though they've been doing it on a smaller scale in the way of 1-2 episode specials with other shows for many years.  I remember Vicar of Dibley airing these specials years after the series officially ended.  Absolutely Fabulous ended in 1995, then specials in 1996, full season in 2001, specials in 2002, full season again in 2003, then specials in 2004, 2011 and 2012.

But we've seen reboots/revivals before in various forms over the years...The Twilight Zone, The Outer Limits, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, The Brady Bunch (tried it twice and failed both times), Fantasy Island, Burke's Law, Beverly Hills 90210, Melrose Place, Dallas, Get Smart, Leave It to Beaver, Gidget, Mission: Impossible, The Munsters, What's Happening, WKRP in Cincinnati, and Sanford and Son were a few.

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#43'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 1/11/18 at 7:14pm

Not just us, but the UK is doing it as well

Not always with success, though...the Keeping Up Appearances prequel "Young Hyacinth" was woeful.

I think the BBC actually had a run of reboots a year or so ago, pilots to test the waters - Goodnight Sweetheart, Are You Being Served?, Porridge and Young Hyacinth among them. Birds Of A Feather also came back with the original cast.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

ArtMan
#44'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 1/11/18 at 8:24pm

Young Hyacinth was awful.  After 10 minutes, I turned it off. And I am a big Keeping Up Appearances fan and watch it every Saturday night.  (Yes, I lead an exciting life!)

ArtMan
#45'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 1/11/18 at 8:24pm

double post

Updated On: 1/11/18 at 08:24 PM

ArtMan
#46'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 3/27/18 at 9:14pm

Anybody watch it tonight?  I thought both episodes were very funny.  The second episode was very touching.

ArtMan
#46'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 3/27/18 at 9:14pm

double post

Updated On: 3/27/18 at 09:14 PM

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#47'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 3/27/18 at 10:10pm

I haven't watched it yet, but I've been rolling my eyes at all the pearl-clutching on social media about the fact that this show includes a Trump supporter in Roseanne's character. Lord forbid we write realistic scenarios by showing that there are indeed people in this country with opposing views. Trying to pretend otherwise and silence evidence of such is dangerous and bordering on censorship, imo.

(And no, I'm not a Trump supporter.)

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire

east side story Profile Photo
east side story
#48'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 3/27/18 at 10:21pm

A fine reintroduction of familiar characters. First episode was a little static, but got its point across whilst filling us in on what the family has been up to for 20+ years. Second episode had some lovely moments, especially giving Gilbert the chance to shine. I hear Lecy has her “episode” in a few weeks.

The show apparently really hits its stride next week and rides a wave of greatness to the finale. I’m here for it.