pixeltracker

Brendon Urie in KINKY BOOTS - Reports- Page 3

Brendon Urie in KINKY BOOTS - Reports

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#50Brendon Urie in KINKY BOOTS - Reports
Posted: 6/8/17 at 11:33pm

bwayphreak234 said: "Well, I need Tylenol after tonight's performance of Kinky Boots. The audience at the Al Hirschfeld tonight was one of the worst audiences I have ever been a part of. They acted like they were at a rock concert or sporting event. Screaming and shouting, taking pictures, talking, getting up and down as they pleased. It did not help that the ushers were not very attentive at all. However, that being said, the show is in even better shape than it was when it first opened. Brendon Urie is fantastic, and his voice is absolutely perfect for the character of Charlie. Everyone else in the cast was all on their A game. It's great to see a long running show that holds up and still feels polished. It's just a shame that the audience is freaking zoo.

"

I take it the crowd is very young then...teenagers > early 20's? 

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

MrsSallyAdams Profile Photo
MrsSallyAdams
#51Brendon Urie in KINKY BOOTS - Reports
Posted: 6/9/17 at 9:10am

Charlie Price is a bizarre role. This milquetoast man makes a snap decision to partner with a drag queen to design fetish wear. Finally he blows up at said drag queen bullying them out of the factory. Then he puts on the fetish wear himself and does a sexy dance at the finale. I want to see Charlie's journey as he struggles with his own sexual hang-ups and kinks. The score is more interested in his daddy issues.

When I saw Stark Sands he played the role, IMO, as an asexual nebbish with no self awareness. His big decisions seemed to come out of nowhere. Urie's already a sexy extrovert. What sort of journey does his Charlie take? Is he convincingly meek at the beginning? Is there any sexual tension between him and Lola? The show's not about that but Lauren does have to ask at the end if he "still likes girls."

threepanelmusicals.blogspot.com

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
#52Brendon Urie in KINKY BOOTS - Reports
Posted: 6/9/17 at 12:01pm

"

I take it the crowd is very young then...teenagers > early 20's? 

"

Funnily enough, the worst offenders the night I was there were a bunch of middle aged women who were white wine drunk the whole time. 

SporkGoddess
#53Brendon Urie in KINKY BOOTS - Reports
Posted: 6/9/17 at 12:26pm

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#54Brendon Urie in KINKY BOOTS - Reports
Posted: 6/11/17 at 10:52am

Here's two observations I noticed when walking by the theater yesterday. At around 5:30pm I noticed a line had formed outside of the theater. Curious, I decided to ask and was told by someone it was the SRO line, though the show wasn't sold-out yet, they decided to form a line with the hope that SRO would eventually get sold. On my way back home, I walked by the theater around 9:00pm and noticed a swarm of Urie fans(~100 people) at the stage door all holding Panic at the Disco merch. The security guard wasn't happy with this crowd. he had to repeatedly tell them that the show wasn't ending until 10:30 and to stop fighting for a better spot around the barricades and that if things didn't calm down, the cops were coming. Maybe it's a good thing I couldn't make it to see the show this week.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Dave13 Profile Photo
Dave13
#55Brendon Urie in KINKY BOOTS - Reports
Posted: 6/11/17 at 11:30am

Someone from the crowd filmed him singing Soul of a Man and put it on YouTube.  It sounds incredible.  Best I have heard anyone sing it.  I almost wish they would release an album of him signing Charlie. 

https://youtu.be/IuHt5smqJ9c

Not to be confused with Dave19.
Updated On: 6/11/17 at 11:30 AM

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#56Brendon Urie in KINKY BOOTS - Reports
Posted: 6/11/17 at 3:18pm

That's probably my least favorite song in the show, but he does a fab job with it.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#57Brendon Urie in KINKY BOOTS - Reports
Posted: 6/16/17 at 11:03pm

FYI, Urie is out of both shows tomorrow(Saturday) & Sunday. This was a scheduled absence.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ZellMorrowsPledge Profile Photo
ZellMorrowsPledge
#58Brendon Urie in KINKY BOOTS - Reports
Posted: 6/17/17 at 2:31am

I stopped by the stage door tonight after seeing and stage dooring DEH (I won the lottery, it was only my 3rd time entering) and it was insane. The crowd was almost by the theatre entrance, and there was another crowd on the side of the street. Im excited to to see him in 2 weeks!

Use my code "YZTFG" for $20 OFF tickets on TodayTix!

Mike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
#59Brendon Urie in KINKY BOOTS - Reports
Posted: 6/19/17 at 7:44pm

Brendon won't be missing any performances this week correct? And does he stage door matinees? 

icarusinoblicion
#60Brendon Urie in KINKY BOOTS - Reports
Posted: 6/28/17 at 8:44pm

Brendon does NOT stage door Matinees. I was devastated when I found out and actually broke down because i had spent the money to see him and the ushers before the show said he would be coming out as did the picture evidence online. 

ALSO Sarah comes to visit (which is why we didn't wait till night to stage door) HE DOES NOT STAGE DOOR. AT ALL. So be warned, it's basically a night show exclusive and still a 50-50 chance.

This was on 6-28-17

broadwaysfguy
#61Brendon Urie in KINKY BOOTS - Reports
Posted: 6/29/17 at 1:43pm

hi all

excited to see brendon on my nyc trip next month after watching him perform "soul of a man" on youtube.   Soul of a man is one of my favorite songs and  also love "Step One"

Having seen original cast twice pre tonys and also several of the tour casts, have to say I thought the OBC was magical, especially the trio of Porter, Sands(he is fantastic and really acts out his songs) and Ashford (her history of wrong guys is hysterical). for those that saw billy after he won the tony, he got really campy and over the top with Lola for my tastes although i still enjoyed him

I have also seen Harrison Ghee on tour and his Lola is absolutely jaw dropping.... 

star stunt casting on broadway is interesting and a chance to instantly boost PR, ticket sales, and ticket prices to keep a great show like Kinky Boots running so im excited

pushdabutton Profile Photo
pushdabutton
#62Brendon Urie in KINKY BOOTS - Reports
Posted: 7/1/17 at 11:56pm

Are the crowds still insane as previously discussed at the stage door or have they lessened in the amount of people? I am going next weekend to an evening show and bringing my niece. This is her first trip to NYC and her first Broadway show and was hoping to get Brendon's autograph at the stage door after the show. Any suggestions? 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#63Brendon Urie in KINKY BOOTS - Reports
Posted: 7/2/17 at 12:09am

they were last Saturday when I walked by the theater.

pushdabutton Profile Photo
pushdabutton
#64Brendon Urie in KINKY BOOTS - Reports
Posted: 7/2/17 at 11:02pm

Are they still selling limited edition Kinky Boots Brendon Urie t-shirts? If so, do they still only have 100 per show? Are they still only available on the second level of the Al Hirschfeld Theatre?

Sorry for all the questions. I am going to the show the end of this week and I'm just trying to come up with a game plan for the best chance of getting one of these shirts.

Thanks!

ZellMorrowsPledge Profile Photo
ZellMorrowsPledge
#65Brendon Urie in KINKY BOOTS - Reports
Posted: 7/2/17 at 11:08pm

pushdabutton said: "Are they still selling limited edition Kinky Boots Brendon Urie t-shirts? If so, do they still only have 100 per show? Are they still only available on the second level of the Al Hirschfeld Theatre?

Sorry for all the questions. I am going to the show the end of this week and I'm just trying to come up with a game plan for the best chance of getting one of these shirts.

Thanks!

"

I saw the show on Wednesday, and they are still selling the shirts at the merchandise stand on the second level, and it's still only 100 of them per show. I managed to get one, they are $55!

Use my code "YZTFG" for $20 OFF tickets on TodayTix!

#66Brendon Urie in KINKY BOOTS - Reports
Posted: 7/30/17 at 3:33pm

So, he's leaving in a week. Yet they haven't announced a replacement. What's going on with that?

thealtoslament Profile Photo
thealtoslament
#67Brendon Urie in KINKY BOOTS - Reports
Posted: 7/30/17 at 3:44pm

^ I'm wondering that too. I always assumed that if there was no major announcement, the understudy takes over temporarily until either another actor is announced or the understudy officially assumes the role full-time, line of succession style. But unless we hear something in the next few days, I assume whoever is understudying right now will play the role full-time for a few weeks. 

In other news, Brendon tweeted out this morning that he's done stagedooring because the crowds are too much. I can 100% understand. Poor guy. He's a human being too. 

https://twitter.com/brendonurie/status/891499717800185856

Updated On: 7/30/17 at 03:44 PM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#68Brendon Urie in KINKY BOOTS - Reports
Posted: 7/30/17 at 4:03pm

Also wondering why they haven't announced his replacement.

CorkySt.Clair Profile Photo
CorkySt.Clair
#69Brendon Urie in KINKY BOOTS - Reports
Posted: 7/30/17 at 5:01pm

Perhaps withholding announcements is new trend (lol)? Super surprised that both this and Comet haven't made a move yet 

wicked4l
#70Brendon Urie in KINKY BOOTS - Reports
Posted: 7/30/17 at 5:32pm

Todrick Hall was orginally plannned to return. But now I believe Billy and Stark are returning.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#71Brendon Urie in KINKY BOOTS - Reports
Posted: 7/30/17 at 5:43pm

wicked4l said: "But now I believe Billy and Stark are returning."

Whoa, really? Would they be closing out the show or something?

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#72Brendon Urie in KINKY BOOTS - Reports
Posted: 7/30/17 at 6:22pm

It's been rumored since the springtime that Billy would return to the show for 12 or 16 weeks and tie things up on or around January 14, 2018. Whether it closes remains to be seen. It's been running for over 4 years now and while it's doing quite well right now, the winter has been ugly for them. The tour is going non-union as well, which may be saying that everyone who is going to see it has seen it.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#73Brendon Urie in KINKY BOOTS - Reports
Posted: 7/30/17 at 6:32pm

Also curious how much longer the show has and what kind of advance it has for the Fall?

Margo319
#74Brendon Urie in KINKY BOOTS - Reports
Posted: 7/30/17 at 6:46pm

Billy and Stark were both incredible, and both were recognized by the Tonys.  NEITHER one them was forgettable.  So ridiculous.  

I bought tickets for this show back when I did not know who Charlie would be earlier this year.  A few nights ago I saw it.  The audience?  They were absolutely horrendous.  The girl who was on the inside of my row (I was on the aisle) left her seat FOUR times.  She stood in the aisle and hovered after every time....did she think she was at a goddamn rock concert?  They were horrible, and when I walked past the stage door, the rudeness of people, the pushing, the swearing, the awfulness of it?  Even worse than the DEH stagedoor. The next day he tweeted he is out, so I totally understand and support his decision.  I am so happy those rude fans will no longer get to meet him.  They don't deserve it.  He was a good Charlie, not great.  The ushers need to do their actual jobs, because it's really awful for people who actually respect the theater.  

Updated On: 7/30/17 at 06:46 PM