pixeltracker

Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017- Page 8

Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017

10086sunset
#175Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017
Posted: 10/5/17 at 10:48am

Setlist was the same for the second show as the first performance.

smidge
#176Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017
Posted: 10/5/17 at 12:59pm

Can anyone report on the running time? Thank you.

velevele
#177Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017
Posted: 10/6/17 at 8:46am

Oh, thanks so much for all this info, RussT2. I've been a fan since the late 1970s, back when I was a poor student and couldn't afford even the cheapest ticket to see Bruce live. I didn't get even a standby code the first time, but I got a code and then a ticket for the extended run. I love acoustic Bruce more than anything else (my favorite recording is "Nebraska"Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017, and I was in heaven at the thought of an entire evening of this, but was worried it would somehow just not work. I should have trusted in Bruce Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017. This sounds like it will indeed be magical. Thanks so much for taking the time to post the photo and info.

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#178Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017
Posted: 10/7/17 at 11:19pm

smidge said: "Can anyone report on the running time? Thank you."

Running time is two hours. 

My lottery seats tonight were mezz row H, 18&20. We had a great view; I don't think there's a bad seat in the house (well, maybe the balcony). It was a powerful, moving show; Bruce is a natural storyteller. Tom Hanks, Rita Wilson, and Tim Robbins were in the audience tonight. It really was a special evening.

10086sunset
#179Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017
Posted: 10/8/17 at 12:36am

^Great to hear that someone won the lottery!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#180Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017
Posted: 10/8/17 at 11:12am

Any SRO reports?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ArtMan
#181Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017
Posted: 10/8/17 at 12:12pm

I just glanced at the setlists from different shows from this past week.  One show he performed The Rising.  In another show he did The Ghost Of Tom Joad. As I stated before, he is known to change up his setlists when performing.  From what I read, he is doing this.  I NEVER stated he changes  his ENTIRE setlist from city to city.

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#182Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017
Posted: 10/8/17 at 6:33pm

ArtMan said: "I just glanced at the setlists from different shows from this past week. One showhe performed The Rising. In another show he did The Ghost Of Tom Joad. As I stated before, he is known to change up his setlists when performing. From what I read,he is doing this. I NEVER stated he changes his ENTIREsetlist from city to city."

The last four shows have featured The Rising instead of The Ghost of Tom Joad (and I was thrilled to hear "The Rising"Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017. I wonder if that's a permanent change he made after the first couple shows, or if it's something that will change every night. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#184Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017
Posted: 10/10/17 at 8:50pm

Judging by their grosses and capacity %, they're not selling SRO.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#185Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017
Posted: 10/11/17 at 1:06pm

Are there any cancel lines?  Has anyone gone that route? thanks

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#186Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017
Posted: 10/12/17 at 2:11pm

ticketmaster should have the running data or playbill....I'm still trying to find out if thee is a cancel line....

bear88
Relevance81491
#189Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017
Posted: 10/16/17 at 9:12am

any reports on merch?????? (items and prices please)

RussT2
#190Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017
Posted: 10/17/17 at 8:26am

Relevance81491 said: "any reports on merch?????? (itemsand prices please)"

No programs. Hoodies, sweatshirts, coffee mugs, posters. Don't know the prices because I didn't buy anything. The only price I know is $15 for a beer that comes in a Springsteen On Broadway plastic tumbler.

Official merchandise can be purchased outside the theater now during showtimes so you don't even need a ticket to get it.

RussT2
#191Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017
Posted: 10/17/17 at 8:35am

I'm really glad I was at the first show on October 3rd because The Rising was not in the show then. He played The Ghost Of Tom Joad in that slot. I wonder what made him swap those songs? I guess we'll never know. His performance of The Ghost Of Tom Joad was really powerful, but i'm guessing he wanted to perform a more upbeat song and changed it to the Rising.

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#193Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017
Posted: 10/17/17 at 1:02pm

@RussT2, what time did they start selling merch outside the theatre? 

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

10086sunset
#194Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017
Posted: 10/17/17 at 8:07pm

Per Michael Riedel

"You read it here first: “Springsteen on Broadway” will extend its run past February, possibly even till June. Bruce Springsteen is having the time of his life, and the show is sensational, even for someone like myself who’s more partial to Engelbert Humperdinck than the Boss.

As for a Special Tony Award: It’s in the bag.

As one Tony official says, “Do you think we’re idiots?” "

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#195Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017
Posted: 10/17/17 at 9:53pm

I hope he does extend because I’d love to see him again (I won lottery seats to see him after being on the tickmaster stand by list). Bruce Springsteen is a great storyteller and you could see that he was having a great time. He seemed so happy and I felt him connecting with the audience. It was just as great to see people my dad’s age in the audience (early to mid 60s) reminiscing and going back to their youth for an evening. My father is a cranky old man already, but seeing him there made me tear up.

At the performance I saw last weekend, he sang The Rising, not Tom Joad. From the first chords of the rising Into his last 3 songs, he just blew me away.

If you’re lucky enough to have or get a ticket, it’s a great evening,

greenifyme2
#196Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017
Posted: 10/17/17 at 11:56pm

I have entered the lottery for all this week but haven't been getting a lottery loser email. Anyone else have this issue?

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#197Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:09am

Running time 2 hours; no intermission; body scanner security; intense security w/cops & more

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#198Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:11am

Any SRO reports?....I went on 10/13 and I saw a couple of folks SRO.  Don't know if that's all they planned to sell.

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#199Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017
Posted: 10/18/17 at 12:14am

Re: merchandise, I got a poster and hoodie, plus t-shirt... The poster is 18 x 24 which is bigger than the normal Bway posters, but looks great.  They are numbered.  I got 144 of 4000.  They are not doing autographed ones for Bway Cares per the theater b/c he already donated a bunch of money for that.