pixeltracker

Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018- Page 42

Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018

broadwayboy223
#1025Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/6/17 at 9:06pm

I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised by Ambrose's soprano. Lol I'm sure it's not gonna be like this but what if they recovienced MFL in the 1920s and made Eliza a weird up and coming jazz singer. Yikes. 

Public User Profile Photo
Public User
#1026Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/7/17 at 3:59am

Absolutely, she could play Eliza as a cougar.  

Whateverjsays
#1027Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/7/17 at 7:23am

Bryce Pinkham played Freddy in a Chicago production a few months back, I was hoping they’d bring him right in for the same role on this production. I’d be excited to see him back on Broadway! 

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#1028Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/7/17 at 8:27am

None of the other roles in the show are cast yet. For what it's worth, I've heard they're particularly interested in casting Freddy with a diverse actor.

As far as the actors announced thus far, I've been a devout fan of Lauren Ambrose for years. I think she's going to be revelatory in this role. I find it funny that so many of the same people who were advocating for Laura Benanti (38 ) and Kelli O'Hara (41) to be cast are now questioning Ambrose's age. You can never win.

It's not the ideal barometer, of course, but lest we forget Audrey Hepburn was 35 in the film. Ambrose will be just fine.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 10/7/17 at 08:27 AM

JIMG3
#1029Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/7/17 at 9:34am

At the risk of appearing smug, I’m probably one of the few, if not the only person here, who has heard her sing some of the music from MFL. My jaw fell open after 10 seconds. Girl can sing. 

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#1030Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/7/17 at 10:25am

broadwayboy223 said: "I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised by Ambrose's soprano. Lol I'm sure it's not gonna be like this but what if they recovienced MFL in the 1920s and made Eliza a weird up and coming jazz singer. Yikes."

That would be 1920 southern America, and the premise of the plot would be more around a record producer picking her up, and teaching her to stick to traditional singing. For a black women in that age... "traditional" would likely be no singing at all. It's an interesting spin, but would need a lot of work. At the very least, move it to 1950 and it becomes biographical for a lot of lesser known singers of that age who were forced to stick to blues. Interesting idea, very cinematic even.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

elephantseye
#1031Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/7/17 at 10:42am

JIMG3 said: "At the risk of appearing smug, I’m probably one of the few, if not the only person here, who has heard her sing some of the music from MFL. My jaw fell open after 10 seconds. Girl can sing."

Weren't you the one who also claimed to have inside knowledge that Danny Burstein was getting cast? Pardon me if I take literally everything you say in the future with a grain of salt.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#1032Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/7/17 at 10:45am

Ambrose is a trained singer. She’s got this. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

JIMG3
#1033Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/7/17 at 11:12am

elephantseye said: "JIMG3 said: "At the risk of appearing smug, I’m probably one of the few, if not the only person here, who has heard her sing some of the music from MFL. My jaw fell open after 10 seconds. Girl can sing."

Weren't you the one who also claimed to have inside knowledge that Danny Burstein was getting cast? Pardon me if I take literally everything you say in the future with a grain of salt.
"

No, I never claimed to have “inside knowledge” concerning Danny Burstein. I responded to a post, very discreetly,  asking about the possibility of him being under consideration for the role of Alfred Doolittle, and at the time it was the case. Obviously that didn’t happen. 

I’m not in the habit of sharing information based on speculation. I work closely with the company, in a professional capacity, and have been doing so for 20 years plus. I’m not a crazed, theatre queen, who gets his rocks off by trying to impress all and sundry, with dubious claims.

By all means, feel free to throw your salt in my direction. It “literally” means nothing to me. 

Updated On: 10/7/17 at 11:12 AM

JIMG3
#1034Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/7/17 at 6:58pm

The recent spike, in the level of nastiness here is impressive I must say. Wouldn’t you agree? :)

CorkySt.Clair Profile Photo
CorkySt.Clair
#1035Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/7/17 at 7:03pm

True true (perhaps the Oak stuff is rubbing off on everyone lol). Anyone know around when the rest of the cast will come out?

elephantseye
#1036Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/7/17 at 7:09pm

JIMG3 said: "elephantseye said: "JIMG3 said: "At the risk of appearing smug, I’m probably one of the few, if not the only person here, who has heard her sing some of the music from MFL. My jaw fell open after 10 seconds. Girl can sing."

"

No, I never claimed to have “inside knowledge”concerning Danny Burstein. I responded to a post, very discreetly,asking about the possibility of him being under consideration for the role of Alfred Doolittle, and at the time it was the case. Obviously that didn’t happen.

I’m not in the habit of sharing information based on speculation. I work closely with the company,in a professional capacity, and have been doing so for 20 years plus.I’m not a crazed, theatre queen, who gets his rocks off by trying to impress all and sundry, with dubious claims.

By all means, feel free to throw your salt in my direction. It “literally” means nothing to me.
"

Someone said to "blink twice" if Burstein was involved as Mr. Doolittle and you replied "blink blink." That's neither discreet nor indicative of someone who was only considered.

I don't care if you're involved in the production, it'd just be nice considering your track record for you to stop posting in such a self-congratulatory way. That's all I've got to say, and I won't be engaging with you or your posts any more.

Cat Guy Profile Photo
Cat Guy
#1037Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/7/17 at 7:23pm

My recent fantasy has been that "Mrs. Higgins" would be played by Julie Andrews.  But, I trust that Diana Rigg will be wonderful, as will the rest of the cast.

Updated On: 10/7/17 at 07:23 PM

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#1038Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/7/17 at 9:15pm

from the bww off-topic board 1962: 

"The nerve of John Frankenheimer turning down the one and only Lucille Ball for Mrs. Iselin in The Manchurian Candidate.  Sinatra wanted Ball for the role and he was right!  She's perfect for it.  And Frankenheimer chooses Angela Lansbury.  What is his obsession with Angela Lansbury?  First "All Fall Down" and now this?  Are they sleeping together?  And she's way too young for the role!  Just as she was in "All Fall Down" - where Frankenheimer had her playing Warren Beatty's mother - she's only twelve years older than he is!!!  Hell, Eva Marie Saint played Beatty's love interest in that movie, and she's a year OLDER than Lansbury!  How does that make any sense?  

Even worse, In what universe can Lansbury possibly be convincing as Laurence Harvey's mother in Manchurian Candidate?   She's only three years older than Harvey is.  I have nothing against Lansbury but her taking this role will be the biggest mistake of her career - no way this movie can work with her in it!

And what kind of idiot would cast Angela Lansbury in a movie when they could get Lucille Ball?"

Updated On: 10/7/17 at 09:15 PM

aj88
#1039Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/7/17 at 9:59pm

henrikegerman said: "from the bww off-topic board 1962:

"The nerve of John Frankenheimer turning down the one and only Lucille Ball for Mrs. Iselin in The Manchurian Candidate. Sinatra wanted Ball for the role and he was right! She's perfect for it. And Frankenheimer chooses Angela Lansbury. What is his obsession with Angela Lansbury? First "All Fall Down" and now this? Are they sleeping together? And she's way too young for the role! Just as she was in "All Fall Down" - where Frankenheimer had her playing Warren Beatty's mother - she's only twelve years older than he is!!! Hell, Eva Marie Saint played Beatty's love interest in that movie, and she's a year OLDER than Lansbury! How does that make any sense?

Even worse, In what universe can Lansbury possibly be convincing as Laurence Harvey's mother in Manchurian Candidate? She's only three years older than Harvey is. I have nothing against Lansbury but her taking this role will be the biggest mistake of her career - no way this movie can work with her in it!

And what kind of idiot would cast Angela Lansbury in a movie when they could get Lucille Ball?"

"

Ha! Well done. 

bdboston
#1040Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/7/17 at 11:06pm

Just noticed on the LCT site that tickets for My Fair Lady will go on sale to members on Oct. 23, and to the public on Oct. 29.

JIMG3
#1041Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/7/17 at 11:19pm

elephantseye said: "JIMG3 said: "elephantseye said: "JIMG3 said: "At the risk of appearing smug, I’m probably one of the few, if not the only person here, who has heard her sing some of the music from MFL. My jaw fell open after 10 seconds. Girl can sing."

"

No, I never claimed to have “inside knowledge”concerning Danny Burstein. I responded to a post, very discreetly,asking about the possibility of him being under consideration for the role of Alfred Doolittle, and at the time it was the case. Obviously that didn’t happen.

I’m not in the habit of sharing information based on speculation. I work closely with the company,in a professional capacity, and have been doing so for 20 years plus.I’m not a crazed, theatre queen, who gets his rocks off by trying to impress all and sundry, with dubious claims.

"

Someone said to "blink twice"if Burstein was involved as Mr. Doolittle and you replied "blink blink." That's neither discreet nor indicative of someone who was only considered.

I don't care if you're involved in theproduction, it'd just be nice considering your track record for you to stopposting in such a self-congratulatory way. That's all I've got to say, and I won't be engaging with you or your posts any more.
"

Perception is a fascinating thing. I’m self-congratulatory and I’ve got a track record to boot!!! My “blink-blink” was entirely appropriate at the time. Sorry if that put your knickers in a twist. 

I look forward to not hearing from you. Ta!

Public User Profile Photo
Public User
#1042Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/7/17 at 11:54pm

are you sure?  because I seem to have struck a nerve.  

JIMG3
#1043Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/8/17 at 12:10am

Public User said: "are you sure? because I seem to have struck a nerve."

I’m absolutely sure, yes. No nerves have been stricken either. I’d like to earn half as much as the housekeeping staff do. 

Updated On: 10/8/17 at 12:10 AM

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#1044Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/8/17 at 12:21am

Public User, what joy are you deriving out of this failing attempt at button-pushing?

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#1045Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/8/17 at 12:52am

Public User has said some really messed up stuff to other posters on here.  I'm not shocked at all that they would push buttons here.  After they ridiculed a poster for speaking about a health condition, it became very clear what kind of person they are.

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#1046Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 10/8/17 at 5:16pm

I'm quite excited for this and the casting is really good so far with names like Ambrose, Butz, and Rigg; I also believe Hadden-Paton could do a great job as Henry Higgins. Plus that poster is quite beautiful. 

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#1047Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 11/30/17 at 10:40am

After seeing Ross Lekites's Charlie in Encores' Brigadoon, I thought I had found the definitive Freddy.
That was until I read his bio and saw that he's cast in Frozen.
This guy is a star.

update:  just saw that he's ensemble in Frozen.  Not to discount that as a gig or a commitment, but Ross is so perfect for Freddy (just saying)

Updated On: 11/30/17 at 10:40 AM

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#1049Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 12/11/17 at 11:04am

^is that the first announcement that included a choreographer or did I just miss that information from before?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement