pixeltracker

Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018- Page 7

Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#150Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/16/17 at 3:30pm

Eliza has been cast and I think they'll be making the announcement within the next week or so. Im thrilled with it, by the way. 

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#151Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/16/17 at 3:32pm

How positive are you, Jordan? I've reputable sources who say Eliza callbacks are happening this week. 

HennySlay
#152Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/16/17 at 3:41pm

That's wonderful, Jordan. Maybe you could give us all a hint, ChildrenOfEarth?

carnzee
#153Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/16/17 at 3:42pm

Jordan Catalano said: "Eliza has been cast and I think they'll be making the announcement within the next week or so. Im thrilled with it, by the way. 

"

Is it a name that theatre fans know or an "unknown?"

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#154Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/16/17 at 3:51pm

GeorgeandDot said: "God, I really hope they don't go with Sierra.  Her voice is stunning, but her acting is completely uninteresting.  It works for roles like Christine, but Eliza needs charisma.  She's not much of an actress.  Also, yeah, Benanti and Sierra look the same age, but Benanti is more suited for the role.  

"I agree with you 100% G&D!!! Bart will make the right choice and it won't be Sierra! LAURA BENANTI!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#155Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/16/17 at 4:33pm

From that "they are likely waiting for this person's current project to "finish" before announcing anything" clue, my two top choices would be Laura Osnes or Betsy Wolfe. I also think it would be pretty extraordinary to see Betsy Wolfe get it and potentially be nominated against frozen.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

JIMG3
#156Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/16/17 at 4:46pm

Updated On: 7/16/17 at 04:46 PM

JIMG3
#157Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/16/17 at 4:51pm

Jordan Catalano said: "Eliza has been cast and I think they'll be making the announcement within the next week or so. Im thrilled with it, by the way. 

So am I!

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#158Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/16/17 at 5:09pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "How positive are you, Jordan? I've reputable sources who say Eliza callbacks are happening this week."

They're probably doing callbacks for the understudy.

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#159Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/16/17 at 5:32pm

Call_me_jorge said: "From that "they are likely waiting for this person's current project to "finish" before announcing anything" clue, my two top choices would be Laura Osnes or Betsy Wolfe."

It could also be Kara Lindsay or Emily Padgett.

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#160Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/16/17 at 5:55pm

I don't think it's going to be her, but technically if they're waiting for her to finish her project ("Midsummer" ends in August) and she's been mentioned in the thread before, could be Annaleigh Ashford. Don't think it will be, but, it matches the clues, too.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#161Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/16/17 at 10:48pm

Jeffrey Karasarides said: "Call_me_jorge said: "From that "they are likely waiting for this person's current project to "finish" before announcing anything" clue, my two top choices would be Laura Osnes or Betsy Wolfe."

It could also be Kara Lindsay or Emily Padgett.

"hopefully not

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

BroadwayConcierge
#162Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/16/17 at 10:50pm

Betsy Wolfe could be pretty exciting.

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#163Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/16/17 at 11:33pm

So I guess we can assume that Higgins has been cast.  Any clues there?

BWWMatt Profile Photo
BWWMatt
#164Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/16/17 at 11:36pm

I am really hoping that this is the project that they are potentially waiting to finish before making the announcement: 

http://www.dallastheatercenter.org/responsive/show_details2.php?sid=118&m=mob

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#165Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/17/17 at 1:08am

SDV said: "
"Really? Because there were so many black cockneys in Edwardian England?"

And there were so many black members of the aristocracy in 19th century Russia. 

Your Denee Benton reference in this thread is particularly bewildering considering the role for which she was Tony nominated.

"

I didn't refer to Miss Benton. I haven't seen COMET, but in the scenes I've seen, the treatment is only marginally representational anyway, so why not bring diversity to the casting? I don't agree it necessarily makes the play more interesting, but I don't see why it should make it less.

A black Eliza Doolittle in MFL is another matter, as the rest of my post suggested. Hungarian? I don't think so. And Higgins boast that he could pass off a black cockney as an English lady is simply ridiculous in the period. Such casting is "more interesting" only if you are trying to destroy the narrative.

Color-blind casting is interesting in many shows. But the idea that shows MUST be cast without regard to color is just a millennial fad. (And if anybody looked at the numbers in that recent survey of diversity in American theater, it isn't ON stage where African Americans are underrepresented relative to their numbers in the general population. They are underpaid relative to whites, which is unconscionable. And blacks are underrepresented in theater management, which is something we should work to correct; but this has nothing to do with casting Eliza.)

Jordan Catalano
#166Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/17/17 at 9:55am

It is not Kara, Betsy, Emily, Annaleigh, Sierra or Laura (Osnes).

BroadwayConcierge
#167Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/17/17 at 9:56am

So...Ashley Park?

Jordan Catalano
#168Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/17/17 at 9:58am

lol

barcelona20
#169Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/17/17 at 10:03am

Theatre star or someone from movies/tv?

Jordan Catalano
#170Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/17/17 at 10:05am

Both...?

barcelona20
#171Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/17/17 at 10:10am

Daisy Ridley? Please?

Jordan Catalano
#172Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/17/17 at 10:11am

Yep! And Mark Hamill is going to be Higgins!

ChildofEarth Profile Photo
ChildofEarth
#173Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/17/17 at 10:13am

Jordan - I wonder if we heard the same person. Like I said, mine could be completely wrong. ??

barcelona20
#174Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 7/17/17 at 10:14am

Ugh, I wish you were serious.