pixeltracker

THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER- Page 5

THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#100THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 8/27/17 at 6:02pm

Damn, it's a little disappointing to hear about all these great guests, when my performance didn't have one at all. Oh well, I really enjoyed the show, so no harm done. I agree with pretty much all of Lizzie's post!

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#101THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 8/28/17 at 12:42pm

:)

Just posted by Fast Company. I pretty much agree with all of it, and it's a nice summation:

https://www.fastcompany.com/40459122/michael-moore-says-trump-is-on-track-to-win-again-in-2020

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

JSquared2
#102THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 9/7/17 at 9:21am

Posted on FB that tonight's guest is Jim Carrey. 

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#103THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 9/7/17 at 5:35pm

Caught this past Wed matinee. Didn't have much interest but got a cheap ticket. It's the funniest show I've seen in years on Broadway. Totally took me by surprise. I've seen some of Mr. Moore's films but never heard him speak. Trump stuff for sure but many other wonderful stories that he tells in a personal and humorous way. Staged very well,  sets, lights, all great. Some audience participation and a wacky and entertaining  ending. Almost 2 1/2 hours with no intermission flew by. Recommended highly.

P.S. Have to give credit to director Michael Mayer. He must have had a great hand in making this evening not simply a tirade against Trump but something more endearing.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#104THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 9/7/17 at 7:17pm

I saw this last Saturday, evening show.  No guest, but I had a great time for the most part.  (A few bits dragged)   Great seat via tdf.   

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Callum_brown1
#105THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 9/7/17 at 7:42pm

Wonder if announcing the guest in advance (like Jim Carrey) affects BO much. Is there any way to tell?

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#106THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 9/7/17 at 8:49pm

The performance I saw on Wed afternoon had a guest but not a "name" She was a fascinating guest who comes from L.A. and who participated in the Women's March in Washington recently. She is a singer/songwriter who wrote a song she thought was appropriate for the day. She couldn't get any singers in L.A. so she got in contact with musicians in D.C.  They all sing A Capella and she rehearsed with them via Skype. They only met when all were in Washington. They sang on various street corners. A woman in our audience had seen her along with Michael Moore. I believe the YouTube video went viral. She was a great guest in that she illustrated what Moore was emphasizing all afternoon: that one unknown person living in an unknown place doing a small amount of work or task can make a difference. 

BTW, she now has signed with a record company(!), Atlantic or Epic, I forget which.

AntV
#107THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 9/8/17 at 5:29am

Can someone spoil this ending people are talking about?

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#108THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 9/13/17 at 11:09am

I don't know a damn thing about Moore one way or another, but (for some reason) I found this really cute...

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#109THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 9/13/17 at 11:44am

AntV said: "Can someone spoil this ending people are talking about?"

When I saw it, it was a rather intense summation of the Flint water crisis. I'm not sure if he's changed it.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#110THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 9/13/17 at 11:55am

just curious...i'm looking to buy a TDF ticket for the show next weekend 23/24 and it's not listed on TDF yet though I feel like from everything I saw all the performances up on TDF have been up 2 weeks prior to the performance. 

JSquared2
#111THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 9/20/17 at 3:13pm

The show's website has posted some of the upcoming special guests:

Thursday 9/21 - Billie Joe Armstrong

Tuesday 9/26 - Lee Daniels

Thursday 9/28 - Whoopi Goldberg

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#112THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 9/23/17 at 1:18am

Saw the show tonight for a second time. Just as great as the first.

Only thing: while a poster here remarked about the upcoming guests, there was no one tonight. Found that odd that a Friday (weekend) night performance came up empty in this instance. I first saw it at a Wednesday matinee and while the guest wasn't a " name", he still had someone. I would think they could come up with someone for each performance but maybe it's harder to book people than I realize.

Anyway, worth seeing.

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#113THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 9/23/17 at 1:18am

Saw the show tonight for a second time. Just as great as the first.

Only thing: while a poster here remarked about the upcoming guests, there was no one tonight. Found that odd that a Friday (weekend) night performance came up empty in this instance. I first saw it at a Wednesday matinee and while the guest wasn't a " name", he still had someone. I would think they could come up with someone for each performance but maybe it's harder to book people than I realize.

Anyway, worth seeing.

blueshadows
#114THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 9/23/17 at 5:30pm

Green Day fans that went to the show on Thursday says that Billie Joe "playfully (but kind of literal) " wants American Idiot back on broadway.

He misses the show and wants to do more broadway.

It might be a but early for a revival but if Billie Joe wants a do a new show, or write songs for a new show, that'd be great.

Callum_brown1
#115THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 9/29/17 at 1:58pm

Is it true that MERYL STREEP showed up last night? Finally her return to Broadway!

LightsOut90
#116THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 10/1/17 at 2:02am

For anyone that's already seen the show, tonights special guest was the gentleman that Mike went to Germany with to confront Reagan, he even brought the banner with him, it was amazing.

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#117THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 10/1/17 at 2:14am

That's very cool LightsOut.

@z5
#118THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 10/5/17 at 12:45am

Colbert was the guest tonight!

and Rob Reiner is tomorrow

miminy Profile Photo
miminy
#119THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 10/5/17 at 7:31am

No guest Wednesday matinee. Moore entered
the stage tossing rolls of paper towels out
to the audience.

JSquared2
#120THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 10/11/17 at 10:54pm

Last night’s special guest was Vanessa Redgrave.   She even danced at the end! 

Debbie77
#121THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 10/11/17 at 11:54pm

Today's guest at the matinee was MSNBC's Chris Hayes.  

Michael said this was his 81st show and he had a week and a half left.  I hadn't been aware the run was ending soon.

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#122THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 10/12/17 at 12:38am

Are you kidding?? Vanessa Redgrave??? How great is that!

chanel
#123THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 10/25/17 at 10:42am

Lousy treatment from Michael Moore's show.

http://www.newnownext.com/michael-musto-michael-moore/10/2017/

Callum_brown1
#124THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 10/25/17 at 8:21pm

Ouch. Though as usual with these things I'd like to hear Moore's side too. Perhaps the runtime is a concern, so only guests that are extremely notable like Colbert and Redgrave make the cut at this point in the run. Shame for Musto though.