pixeltracker

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread- Page 71

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread

vampire musical
#1750Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/25/18 at 1:15pm

Still looking for 2 tix for Sun June 3 if anyone is looking to sell or release tickets :)

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#1751Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/25/18 at 3:09pm

This writer is blabbing all our ticket-buying secrets! Fun piece! Although I'm sure the producers won't find it amusing. 

How to score $20 tickets to ‘Harry Potter’ on Broadway (instead of the $1,600 that I’d originally paid)

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/how-to-score-20-tickets-to-harry-potter-on-broadway-instead-of-the-1600-that-id-originally-paid-2018-05-24

Updated On: 5/25/18 at 03:09 PM

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#1752Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/25/18 at 3:14pm

It's really just luck. If I read it correctly, the writer went to the box office 3 times and on the 3rd time, the box office had $20/part tickets on the date he wanted. This is great for New Yorkers or those who live in the tri-state area but not really for those visiting.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#1753Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/29/18 at 10:10am

Can someone post instructions on how to get to the Ticketmaster resale page for the show. Thinking of going again. Would like to see what is out there for dress circle and balcony. Thanks.

Just give the world Love.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#1754Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/29/18 at 10:17am

uncageg said: "Can someone post instructions on how to get to the Ticketmaster resale page for the show. Thinking of going again. Would like to see what is out there for dress circle and balcony. Thanks."

There is no Ticketmaster resale for this show.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#1755Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/29/18 at 10:31am

Where are people releasing tickets?

Dancingthrulife2 Profile Photo
Dancingthrulife2
#1756Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/29/18 at 10:32am

What had I been thinking? How could I stomach such conspicuous consumption? Just weeks earlier I berated a good friend for spending a similarly stupid amount on Bruce Springsteen tickets, and then refusing to sell his seats when the asking price on the secondary market skyrocketed to more than quadruple what he’d paid.

It was a classic instance of what behavioral economist Richard Thaler famously dubbed “the endowment effect,” the cognitive bias that causes us to irrationally overvalue what we already have. My friend would never have paid $7,800 for the two seats, so logically it made no sense not to sell his seats at that price. I should add that he was also a “Verified Fan.”

Is the author calling buying tickets for a show you want to see and actually ATTENDING it instead of selling it for a profit "irrational"? This is just sickening to read.

msac0904
#1757Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/29/18 at 10:39am

vampire musical said: "Still looking for 2 tix for Sun June 3 if anyone is looking to sell or release tickets :)"

I have two seats in Orch Left Row W that cost me $704.50.  I will not be able to attend so I'm offering them to you or anyone else interested.  I can transfer them from my TM account.  Please reply here or PM me if you are interested. Thank you.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#1758Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/29/18 at 10:43am

Uncageg, People are putting tickets in their cart on Ticketmaster and holding them for 10 minutes without purchasing. The person can release them any time so someone else can buy them. Plus, after 10 minutes, the tickets are automatically released by the system.

Updated On: 5/29/18 at 10:43 AM

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#1759Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/29/18 at 10:46am

uncageg said: "Where are people releasing tickets?"

On the Harry Potter Ticketmaster page accessible via the official website. Generous people are periodically scanning the calendar for cheaper availability and posting about it here. They’re holding the ticket in their cart in the meantime to prevent someone else from getting it, in hopes that someone here will benefit. 

"Mostly, I loved the size of these people's emotions. Nobody has emotions this size anymore. Outsized emotions. Operatic emotions. Kushemski and Vanda are like Tristan and Isolde, they're Paolo and Francesca. Nobody's in total thrall like this anymore. Nobody's overcome by passion like this, or goes through this kind of rage." Thomas, Venus in Fur

(Insert Clever Name) Profile Photo
(Insert Clever Name)
#1760Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/29/18 at 10:46am

Dancingthrulife2 said: "

What had I been thinking? How could I stomach such conspicuous consumption? Just weeks earlier I berated a good friend for spending a similarly stupid amount on Bruce Springsteen tickets, and then refusing to sell his seats when the asking price on the secondary market skyrocketed to more than quadruple what he’d paid.

It was a classic instance of what behavioral economist Richard Thaler famously dubbed “the endowment effect,” the cognitive bias that causes us to irrationally overvalue what we already have. My friend would never have paid $7,800 for the two seats, so logically it made no sense not to sell his seats at that price. I should add that he was also a “Verified Fan.”

Is the author calling buying tickets for a show you want to see and actually ATTENDINGit instead of selling it for a profit "irrational"? This is just sickening to read.
"

I agree. If I get tix to a show via meticulous planning and obsession over ticket buying, I value my seat, and I want to see the show. I wouldn't just resell it to make a buck,

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#1761Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/29/18 at 11:14am

I barely have the momey to attend! It amazes me when I see these people selling "extra" tickets to shows. Tickers that someone who makes plans to see a show could have purchased. JMO

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#1762Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/29/18 at 11:15am

Thank you automala!

bkb1085
#1763Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/29/18 at 11:21am

Hi!  We have two tickets each night for this Thursday and Friday nights (5/31 and 6/1) I am trying to resell for face value + fees (four tickets in total). 

They are mobile tickets so I can transfer the tickets via the Ticketmaster "transfer" function.  I am happy to send you screenshots or confirmation emails or otherwise verify my identity/the tickets before payment.  Section BALCC, Row C, Seats 115-116. They were $175.50 per ticket per night for a grand total of $702.

Backstory: We have six tickets, and four of us are still going, but one couple has had an emergency and cannot go.  I've spent the last two hours trying to list these somewhere online but Ticketmaster isn't allowing resale, Stubhub is requiring pre-authorization to post mobile tickets, and Seat Geek won't let me post because I only have mobile tickets via phone and not a PDF.  (As an aside if anyone knows how to post these with these various issues, I would appreciate!)

Thank you,

Brittany

Updated On: 5/29/18 at 11:21 AM

kmissa
#1764Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/29/18 at 11:29am

I believe you have to e-mail stubhub in order to list HP tickets and it takes 24 hours. I would do that now, just to have backup plan.

bkb1085
#1765Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/29/18 at 12:05pm

kmissa said: "I believe you have to e-mail stubhub in order to list HP tickets and it takes 24 hours. I would do that now, just to have backup plan."

Thanks!!!  I've sent them an email, but it says it may take up to 24 hours to be approved, so we'll see.  Hoping to find someone interested in face value tickets before then.  

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#1766Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/29/18 at 12:08pm

macnyc said: "Uncageg, People are putting tickets in their cart on Ticketmaster and holding them for 10 minutes without purchasing. The person can release them any time so someone else can buy them. Plus, after 10 minutes, the tickets are automatically released by the system."

Thank you too!

Relevance81491
#1767Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/29/18 at 3:21pm

I have a question about tickets i purchased directly from the Box Office

where it lists facility Fee of $1.20 it also lists PSP $1.30 

dose anyone know what PSP means in this context?  Are BALCRF Row A 28-30 decent seats?

(Insert Clever Name)
#1768Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/29/18 at 3:22pm

They should be, how much did u pay for them?

moira8
#1769Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/29/18 at 3:25pm

$40 tickets for June 14/15 available. Orchestra row Y, seat 38.

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#1770Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/29/18 at 3:30pm

moira8 said: "$40 tickets for June 14/15 available. Orchestra row Y, seat 38."

Are you holding them?

"Mostly, I loved the size of these people's emotions. Nobody has emotions this size anymore. Outsized emotions. Operatic emotions. Kushemski and Vanda are like Tristan and Isolde, they're Paolo and Francesca. Nobody's in total thrall like this anymore. Nobody's overcome by passion like this, or goes through this kind of rage." Thomas, Venus in Fur

moira8
#1771Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/29/18 at 3:31pm

atuomala said: "moira8 said: "$40 tickets for June 14/15 available. Orchestra row Y, seat 38."

Are you holding them?
"

Yes, I'll release them now.

(Insert Clever Name)
#1772Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/29/18 at 3:35pm

Should be great seats,atuomala, and ur on an aisle.

Notreallysilent 2
#1773Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/29/18 at 3:37pm

Relevance81491 said: "I have a question about tickets i purchased directly from the Box Office

where it lists facility Fee of $1.20 it also lists PSP $1.30

dose anyone know what PSP means in this context? Are BALCRF Row A 28-30 decent seats?
"

That’s on every ticket that’s just a few. Those seats you will have to lean forward thiufh there is a picture on view from my seat. It won’t be bad oncf you lean. I sat in the box and the leaning isn’t too bad 

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#1774Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/29/18 at 3:37pm

I didn’t get them. Oh, well. I’ve already seen the show four times so I don’t mind someone else getting a chance. 

Videos