Jessica Vosk Broadway

broadwayboy222 Profile Photo
broadwayboy222
#1Jessica Vosk Broadway
Posted: 12/16/17 at 7:04pm

Yesterday Jess did a Q and A on Twitter, and several of the questions asked, as expected, were about what 2018 had in store for her, and if she had plans to return to Broadway any time soon. Now of course as a huge fan of hers, I could be reading too much into this, however, something about her responses tell me that a Broadway return could very well be in the near future for her and as others have stated here, I hope strongly that it will be Jenna in Waitress after Sara's return stint ends. Here are the tweets and her responses:
https://twitter.com/jessicavosk/status/941879430389157888
https://twitter.com/jessicavosk/status/941879551868702721
https://twitter.com/jessicavosk/status/941879586144641024
https://twitter.com/jessicavosk/status/941879803661180929

Updated On: 12/16/17 at 07:04 PM

phan24 Profile Photo
phan24
#2Jessica Vosk Broadway
Posted: 12/16/17 at 11:12pm

She would be great in Waitress, but I feel like unfortunately the show needs a bigger name to keep it alive.

She is definitely going into Wicked at some point next year, though, can’t ruveal sources but just remember I told you :)

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#3Jessica Vosk Broadway
Posted: 12/16/17 at 11:56pm

Even before she left the tour, I feel like it was sort of an unspoken feeling that Jessica was going to the Broadway company as Elphaba some time in 2018. 

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

Jessetenny Profile Photo
Jessetenny
#4Jessica Vosk Broadway
Posted: 12/17/17 at 12:40am

phan24 said: "She would be great in Waitress, but I feel like unfortunately the show needs a bigger name to keep it alive.

She is definitely going into Wicked at some point next year, though, can’t ruveal sources but just remember I told you :)
"

You've also said that Sunday wouldn't have the recording released because a film was greenlit.. and yet.. no news on that, and the recording was released..

phan24 Profile Photo
phan24
#5Jessica Vosk Broadway
Posted: 12/17/17 at 2:12am

Jessetenny said: "phan24 said: "She would be great in Waitress, but I feel like unfortunately the show needs a bigger name to keep it alive.

"

You've also said that Sunday wouldn't have the recordingreleased because a film was greenlit.. and yet.. no news on that, and the recording was released..
"

Yes, I said the film was greenlit with Gylenhaal in the lead, which is true (the fact that it’s not publicly announced is really out of my control).

and then I theorized that perhaps this was the reason why the recording was not released at the time that had been previously announced, but I never said that was a fact.

hamiltonstradition
#6Jessica Vosk Broadway
Posted: 12/17/17 at 1:38pm

She has a high likelyhood of replacing Jackie
I can see her being a temporary Jenna, she would attract the theatre crowd who are devouted to her, and it lines up perfectly with her Schedule. 54Below ends like 2/3, she would start 2/27. ( she is also a classically trained soprano so... Glinda?! I kid, but I would love to hear her singing some of her material.)

tbaker2
#7Jessica Vosk Broadway
Posted: 12/18/17 at 10:54am

Wait, catch me up please!

Jessica and Jake Gylenhaal are going to be the next Jenna & Pomatter?

Or is Jessica and Gylenhaal going to be the next Elphaba and Fiyero?

Littleshopofcarrie Profile Photo
Littleshopofcarrie
#8Jessica Vosk Broadway
Posted: 12/26/17 at 12:07pm

Jessica was the guest singer at Jason Robert Brown and Stephen Schwartz's concert at SubCulture last Tuesday night and they strongly hinted that Jessica will be joining the Broadway cast of Wicked sometime soon.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#9Jessica Vosk Broadway
Posted: 12/26/17 at 12:25pm

Littleshopofcarrie said: "Jessica was the guest singer at Jason Robert Brown and Stephen Schwartz's concert at SubCulture last Tuesday night and they strongly hintedthat Jessica will be joining the Broadway cast of Wicked sometime soon."

This would be so amazing! But when is Jackie's time up at the Gershwin? She joined on July 31, so the six-month mark isn't even for another month from now...

hamiltonstradition
#10Jessica Vosk Broadway
Posted: 12/26/17 at 1:02pm

Not until after her 54 below at the earliest. Late april would be likely, because thats the 9 month mark. Also, can anyone remeber what exactly was said at the concert?

WickedFan1615
#11Jessica Vosk Broadway
Posted: 12/27/17 at 12:53pm

I forget the exact wording, but at Subculture the statement was made that you should soon be able to see Jessica as Elphaba some place locally where you can buy tickets.

Anyone know how long Jackie’s contract is?

Littleshopofcarrie Profile Photo
Littleshopofcarrie
#12Jessica Vosk Broadway
Posted: 1/8/18 at 12:23pm

A few days ago, Jessica posted on her Instagram story that she will be making a huge announcement today. Anyone know what it could be?

BroadwayConcierge
#13Jessica Vosk Broadway
Posted: 1/8/18 at 12:28pm

She posted a picture on her Instagram story yesterday with Amanda Jane Cooper clearly backstage at the Gershwin... fingers crossed!

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#14Jessica Vosk Broadway
Posted: 1/8/18 at 12:44pm

No matter what she ends up being in, im excited for her to come back to broadway.

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18

mozgrrl Profile Photo
mozgrrl
#15Jessica Vosk Broadway
Posted: 1/8/18 at 1:29pm

I saw her for the first time in the Wicked tour that came trough Philly. She was just amazing. Hope she comes to Broadway soon!!

BroadwayConcierge
#16Jessica Vosk Broadway
Posted: 1/8/18 at 5:47pm

Vosk just posted on her Insta story that she’s been on a social media blackout today, but “can’t wait to share today when we can!” Sounds like she recorded something more than it’ll be some casting announcement.

Updated On: 1/8/18 at 05:47 PM

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#17Jessica Vosk Broadway
Posted: 1/8/18 at 5:55pm

First modern mille reunion then jessica vosk news (hopefullyh today is turning out to be a pretty good day

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#18Jessica Vosk Broadway
Posted: 1/8/18 at 8:47pm

Vosk posted on her instagram that she is joining a highline ballroom concert. So no cast announcement this time it looks like Jessica Vosk Broadway gotta stay patient!

Updated On: 1/8/18 at 08:47 PM

ohjustjake
#19Jessica Vosk Broadway
Posted: 1/9/18 at 12:38pm

Her story today says she's heading to a rehearsal at City Centet and will tell more shortly - I think it's something other than the highline ballroom thing.

broadwayboy222 Profile Photo
broadwayboy222
#20Jessica Vosk Broadway
Posted: 1/10/18 at 1:45pm

Again just more speculation, today she posted that her office will be Lincoln Center for the next few weeks, given her relationship with Bart Sher having done Bridges and Fiddler could she maybe be in the ensemble for My Fair Lady? I know this probably isn't her type of show given the contemporary sound she's known for, but the combination of that post, her previous works with Bart, the fact that the ensemble has yet to be announced, AND the fact that she's teased a Broadway return makes me curious......

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#21Jessica Vosk Broadway
Posted: 1/10/18 at 1:52pm

That would be exciting! She’s known for a more contemporary sound, but she’s quite versatile. Hopefully she’s covering Eliza!!

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#22Jessica Vosk Broadway
Posted: 1/10/18 at 3:24pm

Wouldnt be surprised if she was a standby for Lauren Ambrose

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#23Jessica Vosk Broadway
Posted: 1/10/18 at 6:05pm

Her Instagram story said something about the New York City Ballet and Lincoln Center...so she could still be in MY FAIR LADY, but that’s not why she’s there now.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

BroadwayConcierge
#24Jessica Vosk Broadway
Posted: 1/31/18 at 4:25pm

Worth noting that My Fair Lady full casting came out today, and Vosk is not listed.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Lincoln-Center-Theater-Announces-Full-Casting-For-MY-FAIR-LADY-20180131

Something's gotta happen eventually!

Phec412
#25Jessica Vosk Broadway
Posted: 6/6/18 at 10:57am

All rumors at this point but I’ve heard she is definitely joining wicked soon, hopefully she announces it soon!

Videos