The Cher Show

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#100The Cher Show
Posted: 4/17/18 at 1:31pm

Cast was impressive for The Pirate Queen also, keeping my fingers crossed for the gal who brought me to love musical theater.

Stephanatic

MadsonMelo
#101The Cher Show
Posted: 4/17/18 at 5:49pm

With those dates I can only watch the first or second preview.

Do you guys know if the Chicago sales were strong? I'll have to buy tickets as soon as they are available.

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#102The Cher Show
Posted: 4/18/18 at 2:13pm

I am so excited for The Cher Show.  I remember the opening credits to her  show in the  70's.  I often wondered how the show managed to get multiple Chers towards the end of that opening.  Anyway, I haven't been to Chicago since Pride 2009, so I think a return trip is due.  Aside from a few Elphabas, there are several "Chicago" veterans in the cast:  Angel Reda, Ryan Worsing, Sam Lips and Michael Berresse.  I'm very close to deciding about going.  I"m looking at Southwest Airlines, Hotels.com and the tickets (via Ticketmaster).  

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

South Florida
#103The Cher Show
Posted: 4/18/18 at 4:19pm

Is the expectation zero new music?

Stephanatic

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#104The Cher Show
Posted: 4/18/18 at 4:29pm

Is the expectation zero new music?

Its been made perfectly clear the show uses music from Cher's career and life (Allman Brothers music will be featured for those portions of her life married to Greg Allman).  No new material is being incorporated. 

Patti LuPone FANatic
#105The Cher Show
Posted: 4/18/18 at 7:45pm

I am going to see the Cher Show on Wed. June 13th !! I have my air fare (SWA), two nites hotel (Old Chicago Inn) and Orchestra C ticket....all for under 650.   I'll have to take something called the Red Line to get from N. Sheffield close to the Oriental Theatre.  It is in the Lakeview / Boystown area.

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)
Updated On: 4/19/18 at 07:45 PM

MadsonMelo
#106The Cher Show
Posted: 5/23/18 at 3:39pm

I'm anxious about ticket sales, I'll only have 2 or 3 previews to grab the show and want to guarantee one ASAP.

Any info when the tickets will be available?

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#107The Cher Show
Posted: 5/23/18 at 3:45pm

I don’t think it’ll be a hard ticket, especially if you’re planning on paying full price when tickets go on sale. You’ll be fine.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#108The Cher Show
Posted: 5/23/18 at 3:47pm

I’ll be seeing the show July 3rd! Excited to see SJB. Seems like it’s selling well in Chicago, not sure how that’ll translate in the fall in New York.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#109The Cher Show
Posted: 5/23/18 at 4:09pm

I'm anxious about ticket sales, I'll only have 2 or 3 previews to grab the show and want to guarantee one ASAP.

Any info when the tickets will be available?

Tickets in Chicago are on sale now.  Did you mean Broadway?

I'll have to take something called the Red Line to get from N. Sheffield close to the Oriental Theatre. 

It is the Red Line of the CTA.  It's a train.  It's elevated at the Belmont stop and then goes underground closer to downtown.  Technically, you could take something called the Brown Line, too, which is entirely elevated and more more scenic, but would add about 15-20 minutes to your journey.  They both stop close to the Oriental.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

MadsonMelo
#110The Cher Show
Posted: 5/23/18 at 4:20pm

Yeah, I meant Broadway.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#111The Cher Show
Posted: 5/24/18 at 2:51pm

Anyone know when the official opening in Chicago will be?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

BalconyClub Profile Photo
BalconyClub
#112The Cher Show
Posted: 5/24/18 at 2:55pm

Thursday, June 28 most likely. Showtime is listed as 6pm.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#113The Cher Show
Posted: 5/24/18 at 3:10pm

I have tickets for the matinee and evening show prior to opening night. Can't wait.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#114The Cher Show
Posted: 5/24/18 at 11:48pm

The delicious Charlie Williams is in this. I’m obsessed.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

whatdoesntkillme
#115The Cher Show
Posted: 5/25/18 at 1:11am

Broadway in Chicago is selling tickets for first preview (June 12) for $25 today only. I just scored a pair. I know barely anything about Cher, but I am very excited for this cast! 

pc1145N
#116The Cher Show
Posted: 5/25/18 at 9:25am

Do you need a code for this?

South Florida
#117The Cher Show
Posted: 5/25/18 at 4:10pm

How beefy will Steph's role be?  Don't care good luck to this show and some of the vets in here have good vibes.  That's good enough for me.

Stephanatic

Elegance101 Profile Photo
Elegance101
#118The Cher Show
Posted: 5/25/18 at 4:13pm

I think SJB's Cher is going to be the lead (similarly to Summer), especially given that it's her Cher's variety show that's telling the story of her life.

Theatrefanboy1
#119The Cher Show
Posted: 5/25/18 at 8:37pm

DAME said: "The delicious Charlie Williams is in this. I’m obsessed."

You are sooo right!  I mean I love Cher. BUT Charlie William eye candy!  And the thought of him hopefully dancing around in Bob Mackie scantily designed costumes ??.  I only hope HE of anyone in that cast transfers to Broadway. 

South Florida
#120The Cher Show
Posted: 6/4/18 at 3:31pm

Reminder to Chicagoans, we'll be waiting next week for your thoughts.

Stephanatic

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#121The Cher Show
Posted: 6/4/18 at 3:51pm

SJB is playing the older Cher, not the 1970s Cher (of the CBS variety shows period) but due to her creds I think it’s safe to assume her Cher carries the show. All 3 actresses will be on stage simutaneously but I’d expect SJB to “host” this show, so to speak.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#122The Cher Show
Posted: 6/4/18 at 5:00pm

DAME said: "The delicious Charlie Williams is in this. I’m obsessed."   http://www.iamcharliewilliams.com/   He is very active on Instagram.  Nine more days till The Cher Show on June 13th.  

10086sunset
#123The Cher Show
Posted: 6/4/18 at 5:02pm

Broadway ticket sales have been announced. 

Cher Fan Club 6/5

Amex 6/6

General 6/18

Updated On: 6/4/18 at 05:02 PM

South Florida
#124The Cher Show
Posted: 6/4/18 at 5:08pm

Brody Fosse you seem to infer that Steph will be a narrative figure during the show time early on?

Stephanatic