pixeltracker

David Cook to join Kinky Boots on Broadway- Page 3

David Cook to join Kinky Boots on Broadway

Elegance101 Profile Photo
Elegance101
#50David Cook to join Kinky Boots on Broadway
Posted: 6/19/18 at 12:26pm

CPannullo said: "Hoping September 8th is the closing date. If not that, i hope it makes it through January and allows something else to open in the spring"

It's definitely closing by January. Not sure when, but definitely by January.

Updated On: 6/19/18 at 12:26 PM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#51David Cook to join Kinky Boots on Broadway
Posted: 6/19/18 at 12:44pm

It was reported to close a year ago until Urie joined the show and made them a ton of money. Sands and Porter returning also helped the show in the Fall. Then Brady returned to give it a big boost in the Spring. Tyler Glenn hasn't helped at all, so let's see how Cook does by himself. By yeah, the show needs to be done by New Year's.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

MannPhan24601
#52David Cook to join Kinky Boots on Broadway
Posted: 6/19/18 at 1:32pm

Does anybody know if he's scheduled to be out any dates of this run and if he stage doors matinees? Looks like I'm finally getting my mom to see a Broadway show!

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#53David Cook to join Kinky Boots on Broadway
Posted: 6/19/18 at 1:41pm

Maybe I'm the only one toying with this notion, but could they possibly have a big name planned for the future, but this person can't start until mid-September, so they're just bringing David back as a means to fill the shoes (no pun intended) until then? Not saying that's what's happening, but it definitely seems possible.

robskynyc
#54David Cook to join Kinky Boots on Broadway
Posted: 6/19/18 at 1:50pm

greenifyme2 said: "robskynyc said. And when they sang "Take What You Got," David was completely outsung bythe other guy.

YES! Who is that other guy? His voice just soared.

"sorry for the late reply haha his name is Corey Mach.

BroadwayRox3588
#55David Cook to join Kinky Boots on Broadway
Posted: 6/19/18 at 1:59pm

Elegance101 said: "CPannullo said: "Hoping September 8th is the closing date. If not that, i hope it makes it through January and allows something else to open in the spring"

It's definitely closing by January. Not sure when, but definitely by January.
"

Do you know this for sure? Not trying to challenge you or anything, I'm genuinely curious.

MannPhan24601
#56David Cook to join Kinky Boots on Broadway
Posted: 6/19/18 at 4:35pm

Somebody told me on an American Idol blog that he didn't stage door two show days.Does anybody know if he stage doored the single show Sunday matinees?

BroadwayRox3588
#57David Cook to join Kinky Boots on Broadway
Posted: 6/19/18 at 4:38pm

MannPhan24601 said: "Somebody told me on an American Idol blog that he didn't stage door two show days.Does anybody know if he stage doored the single show Sunday matinees?"

My guess is yes. I saw him twice during his first run, and both times he was very kind at the stage door, and took time to talk to every fan, and take pictures with those who wanted them. My guess is he just wants to rest between shows on two-show days.

MannPhan24601
#58David Cook to join Kinky Boots on Broadway
Posted: 6/19/18 at 6:34pm

Guess I should get tix for his first Sunday. Hope he'll be on!

MannPhan24601
#59David Cook to join Kinky Boots on Broadway
Posted: 6/19/18 at 7:50pm

Found this.Has KB and other shows have done this before? You can do the same for Tyler Glenn now,Melissa B in Beautiful,and CFA.I hope Cook still stage doors when I go!  https://www.broadwayplus.com/#show2a

MannPhan24601
#60David Cook to join Kinky Boots on Broadway
Posted: 6/21/18 at 9:49am

David Cook's official forum says that he has a scheduled absence on August 26th.Just got my tix for July 22nd and I hope he's on and stage doors!

MannPhan24601
#61David Cook to join Kinky Boots on Broadway
Posted: 7/18/18 at 7:08pm

Anybody go to his first night back? Saw a video on Twitter of the curtain call and it looks like there was a packed house with a lot of noise! Excited to go on Sunday!

BroadwayNoob
#62David Cook to join Kinky Boots on Broadway
Posted: 7/20/18 at 10:18am

David Cook said on his Instagram story that he is going to try his hardest to do all of the evening stage doors, but he isn't planning on doing the matinees.

I saw the show on his 2nd to last night with his first run. It was also Carrie St. Louis' first night. Ghee was Lola as well. The entire cast was phenomenal. David's acting really surprised me because it was so believable, and I wasn't expecting much from his singing based off of the promo videos he had done, but it was so good! I don't thing Ghee's performance as Lola could have been any better - it was literally perfect. And Carrie was spot on for it only being her first night! Aside from Groundhog Day, I think this was the only show I have ever seen where I actually felt totally enveloped in the story and my mind didn't wander once the entire show.

Zamedy154
#63David Cook to join Kinky Boots on Broadway
Posted: 7/20/18 at 2:19pm

I've seen several Lolas including Wayne Brady (but not Billy Porter). Ghee was my favorite because he WAS Lola. Totally became her. Believable from start to finish. If he had opened the show, he would have won the Tony and a star would have been born that night. I hope he continues to get the recognition he so richly deserves. 

MannPhan24601
#64David Cook to join Kinky Boots on Broadway
Posted: 7/20/18 at 2:26pm

BroadwayNoob said: "David Cook said on his Instagram story that he is going to try his hardest to do all of the evening stage doors, but he isn't planning on doing the matinees.

I saw the show on his 2nd to last night with his first run. It was also Carrie St. Louis' first night. Ghee was Lola as well. The entire cast was phenomenal. David's acting really surprised me because it was so believable, and I wasn't expecting much from his singing based off of the promo videos he had done, but it was so good! I don't thing Ghee's performance as Lola could have been any better - it was literally perfect. And Carrie was spot on for it only being her first night! Aside from Groundhog Day, I think this was the only show I have ever seen where I actually felt totally enveloped in the story and my mind didn't wander once the entire show.
"

I was actually the one who asked that question on his IG Q&A. He said only on Weds and Sat matineees. Looks like he always stage doored the single show Sunday matinees during his last run so it looks like I'll be good on Sunday(Except for the suspected rain)

MannPhan24601
#65David Cook to join Kinky Boots on Broadway
Posted: 7/23/18 at 9:53am

Well the show was INCREDIBLE yesterday.David was an amazing Charlie and I thought he sounded better than Stark on the OBC. J. Harrison Ghee was a phenomenal Lola and being in the 3rd row even made it better! I loved Carrie St. Louis as Lauren and Caroline Bowman as Nicola too.

David came out right before the downpour and was humble and gracious as ever to every fan in line. He even stayed during the pouring rain.It was an honor to finally meet him after the 10+ year wait. When my mom and I went to get Schmackary's and walked past the theater 20 mins later, J. Harrison was out there with an umbrella still meeting people! 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#66David Cook to join Kinky Boots on Broadway
Posted: 7/23/18 at 10:35am

I was actually very surprised and amazed with Cook back when I saw him in April with Wayne Brady. The show is still in amazing shape outside of one or two OBC Angels. Curious who they're bringing in for the Fall, if anyone, to replace Cook. Word on the street is Kinky Boots is done by January.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

MannPhan24601
#67David Cook to join Kinky Boots on Broadway
Posted: 7/23/18 at 11:09am

It looked like it was sold out or almost sold out yesterday. There was a big crowd at the stage door that wrapped beyond the barricade. I hope they cast a big name after David finishes in Sept. It deserves to last longer...It's a shame that Urie is touring for the next 6 months

MannPhan24601
#68David Cook to join Kinky Boots on Broadway
Posted: 7/28/18 at 9:44am

Here is David's full "Step One" at Broadway In The Boros. He's even more incredible on stage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZDi2Q4ULCk

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#69David Cook to join Kinky Boots on Broadway
Posted: 7/28/18 at 10:24am

That has to be the longest introduction (3 minutes) I’ve ever suffered through. Not that lady’s fault it was so long, but it was just unnecessarily long. Lol. I was impressed with Cook’s performance on the early slower part of the song and pieces of the later uptempo parts. Better than I expected based on initial reports from his first run in the show. I’ve liked him since his American Idol days. I was Team Cook all the way. I even saw in Tulsa when he was in tour with Gavin DeGraw.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#70David Cook to join Kinky Boots on Broadway
Posted: 7/28/18 at 11:20am

I spoke with someone the other day who told me they’re close to bringing in someone “big” after Cook leaves, but it’s not official yet and they’re sill hoping. No idea of who that could be.

alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#71David Cook to join Kinky Boots on Broadway
Posted: 7/28/18 at 4:17pm

I was at the show last night and was very impressed with David Cook! He sounded great and made some strong character choices. I hadn't seen the show since June 2013 and I was very impressed with how  well it's been maintained. Carrie St. Louis was a joy as Lauren, but the real treat for me was Blaine Krauss who went on as Lola. He was absolutely fabulous and I'm looking forward to seeing what more he continues to do!

robskynyc
#72David Cook to join Kinky Boots on Broadway
Posted: 7/28/18 at 5:53pm

Jordan Catalano said: "I spoke with someone the other day who told me they’re close to bringing in someone “big” after Cook leaves, but it’s not official yet and they’re sill hoping. No idea of who that could be."

RuPaul as Lola? lmao omg no really tho...

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#73David Cook to join Kinky Boots on Broadway
Posted: 7/28/18 at 6:44pm

Glad to hear the show is doing so well. I agree about Ghee's amazing Lola. I saw Billy Porter and didn't think he could be topped but Ghee was IMO even better than Porter.

BroadwayNoob
#74David Cook to join Kinky Boots on Broadway
Posted: 7/28/18 at 7:09pm

robskynyc said: "Jordan Catalano said: "I spoke with someone the other day who told me they’re close to bringing in someone “big” after Cook leaves, but it’s not official yet and they’re sill hoping. No idea of who that could be."

RuPaul as Lola? lmao omg no really tho...
"

I've been hoping they'd do that for a while now lol