pixeltracker

THE BOYS IN THE BAND (2018) Previews- Page 9

THE BOYS IN THE BAND (2018) Previews

Dancingthrulife2 Profile Photo
Dancingthrulife2
#200THE BOYS IN THE BAND (2018) Previews
Posted: 5/27/18 at 11:28pm

This is why I have problem with Mantello's decision to show Bomer's buttock the way he did with this production. It is basically begging for a, what I consider to be, pubertal knee-jerk reaction from the audience without adding much, if anything, to the storytelling. It is possible that Mantello intended to show the intimacy between the characters, but the "revolting" laughter it is likely to evoke defeats the purpose completely.

Updated On: 5/28/18 at 11:28 PM

JBC3
#201THE BOYS IN THE BAND (2018) Previews
Posted: 5/27/18 at 11:52pm

haterobics said: "JBC3 said: "I skipped On Your Feet and will do so with Summer after hearing the dance party nature of audiences at both."

If people want to experience joy, why attend the theater?
"

give me an effing break 

[edited by mod for name calling]

Updated On: 5/28/18 at 11:52 PM

Solipsist234
#202THE BOYS IN THE BAND (2018) Previews
Posted: 5/28/18 at 12:45am

JBC3 said: "haterobics said: "JBC3 said: "I skipped On Your Feet and will do so with Summer after hearing the dance party nature of audiences at both."

If people want to experience joy, why attend the theater?
"

give me an effing break moron
"

Now now, there is no need to be rude, darling...

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#203THE BOYS IN THE BAND (2018) Previews
Posted: 5/28/18 at 1:23am

JBC3 said: "give me an effing break moron"

If we could just not hate ourselves so much. That's it, you know. If we could just learn not to hate ourselves... quite so very much.

BWAY Baby2
#204THE BOYS IN THE BAND (2018) Previews
Posted: 5/28/18 at 6:08am

This is turning into The Boys On The Boards.

Updated On: 5/28/18 at 06:08 AM

Jazzman714
#205THE BOYS IN THE BAND (2018) Previews
Posted: 5/28/18 at 6:19am

If we could just not hate ourselves so much.That's it, you know.If we could just learn not to hate ourselves...quite so very much."

BWAY Baby2 said: "This is turning into The Boys In The Boards."

Ha! Spot on! :)

Kvmjjb
#206THE BOYS IN THE BAND (2018) Previews
Posted: 5/28/18 at 10:17am

Well, here’s my two cents:

1. When a character steps on stage for the first time he/she is just that, the character, not the actor. Applause at this moment is misplaced. You are applauding for the Actor at the curtain call after they have shed the character. ( 1st cent ).

2. Donald’s question is spoken to Michael not the audience and a response from the audience is completely inappropriate. ( 2nd cent ). 

Lg48432
#207THE BOYS IN THE BAND (2018) Previews
Posted: 5/28/18 at 11:24am

“boys on the board”

Love it lol

Updated On: 5/28/18 at 11:24 AM

Lg48432
#208THE BOYS IN THE BAND (2018) Previews
Posted: 5/28/18 at 11:26am

BWAY Baby2 said: "Thisis turning into The Boys On The Boards."

sorry! The credit for that great and ironic phrase belongs to ^ ( not me, I only wish I were so creative haha

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#209THE BOYS IN THE BAND (2018) Previews
Posted: 5/28/18 at 3:09pm

Kvmjjb said: "1. When a character steps on stage for the first time he/she is just that, the character, not the actor. Applause at this moment is misplaced. You are applauding for the Actor at the curtain call after they have shed the character.( 1stcent ).

2. Donald’s question is spoken to Michael not the audience and a response from the audience is completely inappropriate. ( 2nd cent ).
"

1 - Yes, but at this point, it happens every show, so it's not like you're clapping over lines. They know to pause. Nothing unique to this show either.

2 - Not sure anyone disagrees, I think a lot of the reaction to that post was that the person sort of let it color their whole experience of the show (they certainly reviewed the audience way more than the show), when it was a 10-second blip if you just let it happen and go by. 

schubox
#210THE BOYS IN THE BAND (2018) Previews
Posted: 5/28/18 at 3:17pm

When I saw it last Tuesday there was plenty of entrance applause, and as others have said, the actors accounted for it and it affected nothing. Quit I especially seemed to eat it up. The whole environment was maybe the best of the many shows I saw his past week. Lots of laughter and applause when appropriate, and attentive silence for the rest. I’d take that every time.

Better than the guy who sat behind me at Angels who shook his cup of ice every ten seconds until I had to turn around and tell him to please stop

Gilly1732
#211THE BOYS IN THE BAND (2018) Previews
Posted: 7/4/18 at 10:54am

Can anybody tell me if they have a souvenir brochure at the theatre? I saw the show in previews and they didn't have one back then. My parents will be in New York next week so I would tell them to get me a brochure if there was one. THE BOYS IN THE BAND (2018) Previews 

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#212THE BOYS IN THE BAND (2018) Previews
Posted: 7/4/18 at 11:08am

When I was there on June 23, a nice array of merchandise (I got the BOYS stocking cap, set of tumbler glasses, magnet, and the Swish, Mary, Sissy...black t-shirt), but no program.

papershroud Profile Photo
papershroud
#213THE BOYS IN THE BAND (2018) Previews
Posted: 7/5/18 at 9:58am

Gilly1732 said: "Can anybody tell me if they have a souvenir brochure at the theatre? I saw the show in previews and they didn't have one back then. My parents will be in New York next week so I would tell them to get me a brochure if there was one. THE BOYS IN THE BAND (2018) Previews"

Was just there yesterday. No program. There's a tumbler set, coaster set, magnet, windowcard, tote with the names of the guys, two shirts (Mary and one with the slurs), knit hat, script... and I think that's it?