pixeltracker

Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?- Page 2

Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?

MadsonMelo
#25Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?
Posted: 7/25/18 at 1:14pm

I'm sooo in doubt if I should by in advance or wait for try rush tickets, I'm specially torn if I will be able to get a ticket to Mother of the Maid or it will be an easy sell-out.

cjmclaughlin10
#26Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?
Posted: 7/25/18 at 1:23pm

I think it will be a prettyy easy sell out but keep afiew things in mind:
1. Student tickets can be purchased at The Public box office starting tomorrow with the general on sale

2. TodayTix does day of rush for Public Theatre productions (no guarantee they will do it for something as high profile as Girl or Mother because I don’t remember them doing it for the initial run of Privacy, but they claimed that was because it was a co-production)

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#27Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?
Posted: 7/25/18 at 4:25pm

The only options I've been seeing are in Row R or Row Q. Has anyone gotten closer?

Danielle49
#28Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?
Posted: 7/25/18 at 4:33pm

Ultimately didn’t purchase because $95 is still a lot for me, but the closest I got was row O earlier.

MadsonMelo
#29Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?
Posted: 7/25/18 at 4:43pm

cjmclaughlin10 said: "I think it will be a prettyy easy sell out but keep afiew things in mind:
1. Student tickets can be purchased at The Public box office starting tomorrow with the general on sale

2. TodayTix does day of rush for Public Theatre productions (no guarantee they will do it for something as high profile as Girl or Mother because I don’t remember them doing it for the initial run of Privacy, but they claimed that was because it was a co-production)
"

In their site both shows are said to be doing rush, but rush via todaytix may be a bloodbath if it's a hit, right?

I can't buy student rush via box office as I'm in NY, and by the time I get there, probably no ticket will be left.

I'm really afraid I can't see Close on stage, but as I really want, I'll pay for this $90 ticket.

Danielle49
#30Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?
Posted: 7/25/18 at 5:04pm

I wish The Public would go back to doing TodayTix lotteries instead of rush, or at least for sure sellouts like this. That way there's no fees and rush doesn't turn into a game of who can tap "buy" the fastest like it will be.

Updated On: 7/25/18 at 05:04 PM

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#31Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?
Posted: 7/25/18 at 5:26pm

I want to get tickets, but something is telling me that this will transfer to Broadway so I'm tempted to just hold out for that. I'll probably just do the Todaytix rush. I do wish that they would just do a plain old, in person rush.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#32Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?
Posted: 7/25/18 at 5:34pm

GeorgeandDot said: "I want to get tickets, but something is telling me that this will transfer to Broadway so I'm tempted to just hold out for that."

Why wouldn't you rather see it in a smaller, more intimate house?!

Plus, a subscription house always has members changing their minds, switching dates, etc., so anyone local can probably snag better seats a day or so out, if they just pay attention.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#33Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?
Posted: 7/25/18 at 5:35pm

macnyc said: "The only options I've been seeing are in Row R or Row Q. Has anyone gotten closer?"

I got B on the aisle the day they went on sale?

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#34Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?
Posted: 7/25/18 at 6:07pm

haterobics said: "macnyc said: "The only options I've been seeing are in Row R or Row Q. Has anyone gotten closer?"

I got B on the aisle the day they went on sale?
"

Hate, are you a member?

ajh
#35Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?
Posted: 7/25/18 at 8:02pm

If this is even half as good at the Public as it was in London, it will be unmissable. One of the most stunning things ive ever seen -went four times. Just take something to sob into. 

HunterK Profile Photo
HunterK
#36Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?
Posted: 7/25/18 at 9:06pm

Does anyone think that seat closer than Row O will be available when tickets go on sale? Or have members and subscribers already sold this show out? On TodayTix half the dates didn't have 2 tix together or only the last 4 rows of the orchestra. 

Just wondering if anyone has any information.

Thanks in advance!

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#37Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?
Posted: 7/25/18 at 10:17pm

macnyc said: "Hate, are you a member?"

Yup.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#38Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?
Posted: 7/25/18 at 10:19pm

HunterK said: "Does anyone think that seat closer than Row O will be available when tickets go on sale? Or have members and subscribers already sold this show out? OnTodayTix half the dates didn't have 2 tix together or only the last 4 rows of the orchestra."

I've never seen them hold back tickets for the public sale.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#39Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?
Posted: 7/25/18 at 10:45pm

Seats in row A are available right now for what looks to be a bunch of dates.

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#40Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?
Posted: 7/25/18 at 10:56pm

Just found out I won't be getting into the city until mid November. Fingers crossed this does well enough to warrant a slight extension!

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#41Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?
Posted: 7/25/18 at 11:49pm

It's a long narrow theater, I wouldn't worry about "closeness" - you'll be fine. It's pretty small.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#42Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?
Posted: 7/26/18 at 9:51am

FYI, row A seats 10-11 are still available on TodayTix for several dates, which leads me to believe that the Public did hold back seats for this show.

Updated On: 7/26/18 at 09:51 AM

Relevance81491
#43Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?
Posted: 7/26/18 at 2:36pm

tickets are now on sale to the general public, they also extended the run for this and Mother of the Maid 

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#44Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?
Posted: 7/26/18 at 2:42pm

A couple of dates at the beginning of the run of Girl are sold out, but there's still plenty of availability near the end.

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#45Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?
Posted: 7/26/18 at 2:56pm

So happy this already extended! Just nabbed a seat in the second row for the (currently scheduled), closing performance on November 18th!

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#47Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?
Posted: 7/26/18 at 3:16pm

tobiasragg said: "Don't @ me on this"

I don't think @ing anyone is an option on here?!

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#48Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?
Posted: 7/26/18 at 9:04pm

tobiasragg said: "So I became a member to purchase tickets to this but $150 ($65 contribution plus $80 ticket) is totally out of my price range.

However, because there are no refunds on memberships, I bought a ticket at $80 to sell to a lovely BWW fan who might not have been able to get one. It's one seat, Row M Seat 19 for Sun 9/16 at 7:30pm. Looking for $150 total to cover the member contribution and ticket.

Don't @ me on this, only did it to hopefully recoup my contribution as well as the ticket price and also give a lovely BWW fan a chance at a ticket that they might not have had! Not looking to make a profit and not intendingto be shady at all.
"

It's a little sketchy to charge someone for the ticket AND your membership. 

annang
#49Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?
Posted: 7/26/18 at 9:57pm

tobiasragg said: "So I became a member to purchase tickets to this but $150 ($65 contribution plus $80 ticket) is totally out of my price range.

However, because there are no refunds on memberships, I bought a ticket at $80 to sell to a lovely BWW fan who might not have been able to get one. It's one seat, Row M Seat 19 for Sun 9/16 at 7:30pm. Looking for $150 total to cover the member contribution and ticket.

Don't @ me on this, only did it to hopefully recoup my contribution as well as the ticket price and also give a lovely BWW fan a chance at a ticket that they might not have had! Not looking to make a profit and not intendingto be shady at all.
"

$65 + $80 is only $145, and members pay no fees. But also, nonmember tickets are only $95 and aren’t sold out. 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#50Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?
Posted: 7/26/18 at 10:02pm

When tickets are too expensive, and you know the show is going to sell out, my strategy was to buy three tickets and then sell two for the cost of the three. But once you also add the membership in there, it's starting to be a lot of overhead... the margins are getting a bit tight to try and pull that off...