pixeltracker

Manhattan Concert Productions to do "Scarlet Pimpernell" next year! - Page 3

Manhattan Concert Productions to do "Scarlet Pimpernell" next year!

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#50Manhattan Concert Productions to do
Posted: 11/23/18 at 9:10am

Melissa25 said: "Here is a 20% off Black Friday offer that I received for this:

Code- Scarletfriday20

Lincoln Center- The Scarlet Pimpernel
"

Thank you so much!!! Just got a ticket using this code!

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

#51Manhattan Concert Productions to do
Posted: 11/23/18 at 9:45am

My vote and guess is that they get Douglas Sills to do it

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#52Manhattan Concert Productions to do
Posted: 11/23/18 at 1:03pm

I was also thinking it might be Douglas Sills, but they may also be looking for a name which would probably rule him out unfortunately.

Scarlet Leigh Profile Photo
Scarlet Leigh
#53Manhattan Concert Productions to do
Posted: 11/23/18 at 6:57pm

Melissa25 said: "Here is a 20% off Black Friday offer that I received for this:

Code- Scarletfriday20

Lincoln Center- The Scarlet Pimpernel
"

BLESS you for this code! I just got my tickets. I was having an agreement with the person attending me on how much to pay/where to sit so this gets us in location that works for one and a price that works for the other. Just got my tickets. I. Am. So. Excited.

Scarlet Leigh
#54Manhattan Concert Productions to do
Posted: 11/23/18 at 8:36pm

You know who I actually just thought of and thought to myself "My GOD he's be a pretty amazing Percy for those scenes when he is pretending to be a fop." Christian Borle and then THAT made me think, omg what about Andrew Randells?! I doubt Borle is a big enough "name" for them since they are likely looking for a cross over name that spans into TV or Movie as well but Randells has gotten that HBO Girls card under his belt. Either of those would make buying my tickets for this before the announcement even better.

wonkit
#55Manhattan Concert Productions to do
Posted: 11/23/18 at 10:52pm

I saw 1.0 and 2.0 and loved them both but mainly because Douglas Sills was so incredible. It is neither the best or worst Broadway musical I have seen but it was memorable which is more than I can say of most of the new musicals over the past ten years.

As for casting, Sills would be amazing if he can handle the role and not worry about competing with our memories of him from the original. Raul Esparza has the high voice range and the acting chops for the role and he doesn't open in Chicago until April so it could actually work time-wise. I can't get enthusiastic about Borle or Ranells.  

I want to thank the person who noted the discount. Got better seats than I would have purchased at full price. Norm Lewis singing "Falcon in the Dive" is going to be worth the price.

sondheim94 Profile Photo
sondheim94
#56Manhattan Concert Productions to do
Posted: 11/23/18 at 11:01pm

unpopular opinion - i think Norm is wrong for the role, as much as I love him. I think the character should be more snide and sneaky than Norm is. Norm seems more like a classic villain. Nonetheless, I purchased my tickets several months ago and am still very excited for this! I'm VERY excited at the idea of Raul......

wonkit
#57Manhattan Concert Productions to do
Posted: 11/23/18 at 11:06pm

Chauvelin isn't all that sneaky. After all he is at least partly trying to win back Marguerite. "Where's the Girl?" is a love song, not a villain's song.

sondheim94 Profile Photo
sondheim94
#58Manhattan Concert Productions to do
Posted: 11/23/18 at 11:20pm

Snake-like. Where's the Girl is much different than the rest of his material. Song and dialogue. He can be a charmer, but that's only a part. regardless, i feel Norm is not who I would pick. I would actually love to see Raul as Chauvelin.

Scarlet Leigh
#59Manhattan Concert Productions to do
Posted: 11/24/18 at 12:09am

wsondheim94 said: "I would actually love to see Raul as Chauvelin."

Oooooh I want to see that now. He would be a perfect fit for that and I see him in that much easier then I see him in the role of Percy. I can hear Raul singing it but to me I just CAN'T picture Raul playing a fop and that's such a big part of the plot that Percy is able to fool everyone that... I can't picture it.

And Re: Where's The Girl. Seems we all have a different take on it. I definitely see it as more a villain song then a love song. He is using his charm and the memories of when they were having their fling to prey upon her. He might still have feelings for her deep inside which he hits more on in the REPRISE of the song but the song itself is more his power-play to attempt and use her for his needs. Preying upon her husband's lack of love and affection by tempting her with sweet words and remind her of what they once had.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#60Manhattan Concert Productions to do
Posted: 11/24/18 at 6:40am

Here is a video of Laura Osnes singing When I Look At You at Birdland back in 2012. This made me even more excited to see her sing these songs, and this time she will be backed a huge orchestra. This is going to be a glorious evening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ezJpqk1U3M

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "
Updated On: 11/24/18 at 06:40 AM

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#61Manhattan Concert Productions to do
Posted: 11/24/18 at 9:28am

Deena Jones said: "My vote and guess is that they get Douglas Sills to do it"

I could see Sills taking on a cameo part, not the lead. But if they had wanted to do a reunion of original actors, all the original/replacement actors are still very much performing (Terrence Mann, Christine Andreas, Kudisch, Rachel York, Carolee, etc)

Osnes feels like a boring choice for this. Chauvelin is basically Javert, so that’s right in Norm Lewis’s wheelhouse. And Corey Cott’s role hardly does anything (and is supposed to look like Osnes’ younger brother). They’ll probably go with someone like Jeremy Jordan or Steven Pasquale or Aaron Tveit.

CATSNYrevival
#62Manhattan Concert Productions to do
Posted: 11/24/18 at 12:55pm

Oh Aaron Tveit. That could be a likely choice if he's not already booked for something else. He'd be perfect.

Scarlet Leigh
#63Manhattan Concert Productions to do
Posted: 11/27/18 at 12:39pm

First clue is up on their facebook.

"Our leading man shares an alma mater with Broadway's meanest girl. "

So Taylor Louderman went University of Michigan and the potential list of actors is now MUCH shorter. I want one more clue before I submit a guess cuz I have it down to 2. One would be the logi cal choice for the role and one would be a stuntcast to sell out the performance.

CATSNYrevival
#64Manhattan Concert Productions to do
Posted: 11/27/18 at 12:48pm

It has to be Sills, c’mon.

TylerJia Profile Photo
TylerJia
#65Manhattan Concert Productions to do
Posted: 11/27/18 at 12:59pm

Scarlet Leigh said: "First clue is up on their facebook.

"Our leading man shares an alma mater with Broadway's meanest girl. "

So Taylor Louderman went University of Michigan and the potential list of actors is now MUCH shorter. I want one more clue before I submit a guess cuz I have it down to 2. One would be the logi cal choice for the role and one would be a stuntcast to sell out the performance.
"

I believe Darren Criss attended University of Michigan?

Emmaloucbway
#66Manhattan Concert Productions to do
Posted: 11/27/18 at 1:05pm

As much as I would LOVE for Sills to reprise his role (huge fan of the show and his performance); he is currently scheduled to do the play NANTUCKET SLEIGHRIDE at Lincoln Center, which I think would overlap with this concert.

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#67Manhattan Concert Productions to do
Posted: 11/27/18 at 1:07pm

U-Mich basically narrows it down to Darren Criss or Gavin Creel, unless they're going with a lesser-known actor.

Scarlet Leigh
#68Manhattan Concert Productions to do
Posted: 11/27/18 at 2:38pm

SomethingPeculiar said: "U-Mich basically narrows it down to Darren Criss or Gavin Creel, unless they're going with a lesser-known actor."

Exactly. So the question is will it be Creel who is pretty perfectly suited for the role between the two or Criss who while I think can handle the acting perfectly might not have a voice that fits the part. Not that he is a bad dinner but Criss is much more fitted for modern pop and rock then this score. That said, I can't lie that the idea of stuntcastung Criss here and have him shock and surprise us all somehow with a killer well trained vocal performance doesn't makes me a little intreged. And he fits the "name" from tv theroies.

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#69Manhattan Concert Productions to do
Posted: 11/27/18 at 2:48pm

Creel makes me scratch my head a bit, though I'm sure he'd be fine, but I'd be very curious to see Criss: he's proved himself to be an actor who does versatile/interesting/surprising work, and he clearly loves musical theatre.

nikkitax
#70Manhattan Concert Productions to do
Posted: 11/27/18 at 4:11pm

I envy so much those who get to attend to this concert! 

I didn't know there were several versions but I completely loved the licensed version my country did in 2001. For a long time I thought the Linda Eder CD was the  OBC  (I was 12 and clueless)

It would have been great to see Terrence as Chauvelin once again, but I think he is too old for the role now.

I ran into him outside Pippin's restooms 5 years ago(he wasn't in the show anymore) and he was the sweetest person ever. He was suprised I  had "Falcon in the dive" and "Where's the girl?" in my ipod 

Updated On: 11/27/18 at 04:11 PM

Scarlet Leigh
#71Manhattan Concert Productions to do
Posted: 11/27/18 at 4:40pm

Guys..... guys..... I just found out... Douglas Sills is a University of Michgan alumni. Me majored in music.

Updated On: 11/27/18 at 04:40 PM

Kitsune Profile Photo
Kitsune
#72Manhattan Concert Productions to do
Posted: 11/27/18 at 4:47pm

Scarlet Leigh said: "Guys..... guys..... I just found out... Douglas Sills is a University of Michgan alumni. Me majored in music."

I'll admit when I saw the clue, the first thing I did was Google "famous UMich alumni" Manhattan Concert Productions to do

So it looks like we have Gavin Creel, Darren Criss, or Douglas Sills?

Debating whether I want to make a trip out from California for this. Of that list, Douglas is probaly the one that would put me over the edge as far as buying a ticket. (I think the other choices would be fine, but I'm less interested)

Scarlet Leigh
#73Manhattan Concert Productions to do
Posted: 11/27/18 at 5:00pm

I did as well too but be didn't come up at first. It wasn't until I looked on Wikipedia I noticed it.I mean I already have my tickets to I am going no matter what but 2 of these 3 options excite me more then the last one. I would LOVE to see Sills in the role once again. He was just wonderful in the original productions. And as I said above, the idea of Criss in this while strange is unexpected and interesting. Creel just seems like the safe choice of the three that while I know he would be good just doesn't excite me like the other two options do.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#74Manhattan Concert Productions to do
Posted: 11/27/18 at 5:17pm

Looks like Kevin Duda will be involved! https://www.instagram.com/p/BqsZI5xBWh3/

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt