pixeltracker

Cursed Child covers/understudies - Page 2

Cursed Child covers/understudies

willep
#25Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 7/4/18 at 11:37am

I caught Angela yesterday and thought she was great. The show overall is still terrific after multiple viewings.

Myshmoopsiepoo
#26Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 7/4/18 at 11:38am

thebookofwhizzer said: "“Do you know this information for sure? And if you do how?” I’m seeing the show back to back on the 25th of August and I will be soooooo angry if I miss Anthony and Sam."

I doubt they'll both be taking vacations the same time.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#28Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 7/4/18 at 11:57am

People need to remember, though, as a rule, actors get 1 week of vacation for every 6 months of performances. So, for shows that open in the spring, summer is prime time for weeks off. 

Lauren2
#29Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 7/4/18 at 12:19pm

Ok cool! I just really want to see both of them when I come! But I know they got to get vacation days. How do you know this info? Do they post it somewhere?

Fosse76
#30Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 7/4/18 at 12:37pm

CT2NYC said: "People need to remember, though, as a rule, actors get 1 week of vacation for every 6 months of performances. So, for shows that open in the spring, summer is prime time for weeks off."

Is that true? I earn 6 weeks per year, which I think is on the low end. I thought we were more evolved thanti think taro weeks is enough! Hell, I've worked so many shows where the same performers seem to miss a lot more than that! 

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#31Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 7/4/18 at 12:47pm

Fosse76 said: "CT2NYC said: "People need to remember, though, as a rule, actors get 1 week of vacation for every 6 months of performances. So, for shows that open in the spring, summer is prime time for weeks off."

Is that true? I earn 6 weeks per year, which I think is on the low end. I thought we were more evolved thanti think taro weeks is enough! Hell, I've worked so many shows where the same performers seem to miss a lot more than that!
"

I just found this, which sums up vacation, sick, and personal days:

http://www.broadwaylifecoach.com/blog/2017/8/29/how-to-handle-sick-days-and-vacation-time

angoradebs
#32Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 7/4/18 at 1:24pm

PThespian said: "Poppy is on vacation this week. I believe Alex is out next week and Anthony the first week in August.

PS. Angie totally nailed it yesterday.
"

By any chance do you know more specifics about Anthony Boyle's "first week of August" vacation? I'm seeing the show August 12, and while I understand there are no guarantees, he is the original cast member I was most interested in seeing. Really (and selfishly) hoping "first week of August" means the shows August 1-5 and not the first full week of August, which starts on the 6th and would go through the 12th. 

cali8
#34Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 7/4/18 at 4:50pm

PThespian said: "Poppy is on vacation this week. I believe Alex is out next week and Anthony the first week in August.

"

Thanks for this info, PThespian! I'm seeing the show this week and appreciate knowing in advance who's on vacation. Great to hear she nailed it!

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#35Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 7/4/18 at 5:11pm

"

Thanks! I saw her in the Spring Awakening tour eons ago and I would love to see her on.

Lauren2
#36Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 7/7/18 at 5:33am

I hope the people from England don’t miss July 15 just to watch the World Cup final if England is in it. That would suck for me. I mean it’s really early like 10am!

Dancingthrulife2 Profile Photo
Dancingthrulife2
#37Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 7/7/18 at 6:55am

I hope that people who paid hundreds of dollars to see the "original cast" get to see what they paid for on July 15 or any other date.

KitKatBoy24 Profile Photo
KitKatBoy24
#38Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 7/7/18 at 8:45am

You’re paying to see “Harry Potter and the Cursed Child” and have no claim to the original cast. Understudies happen and actors have every right to a Vacation.

"In here, life is beautiful"

Lauren2
#39Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 7/11/18 at 10:22pm

Anyone out today? (July 11th)

Myshmoopsiepoo
#41Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 7/11/18 at 11:08pm

Was in the area and heard someone near stage door say Dave Register covered Alex Price.

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#43Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 7/12/18 at 1:07am

PThespian said: "He did indeed, and did a great job!"

I caught Part 2 and I really liked him as Draco. He's not as intense as Alex but he gave a wonderful performance. Alex lowers his voice as Draco so it took a little bit to get used to Dave's voice which was a normal level. 

Megsamegatron Profile Photo
Megsamegatron
#44Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 7/12/18 at 11:14am

Dave was fantastic! I really enjoyed his Draco Malfoy. Still intense at parts but in different ways and parts then Alex. 

Lauren2
#45Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 7/18/18 at 1:15pm

Anyone seeing it today (July 18th)? Want to stage door tonight but I want to make sure Sam is in it since I didn’t get a picture with him last time. Can anyone tell me if all of them are in or if anyone is out? Thanks.

Lauren2
#46Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 7/23/18 at 7:34pm

James Brown III from Frozen is joining the company. Anyone know what characters he will be playing? I’m curious. They are adding a lot of new people to the cast!

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#47Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 7/24/18 at 11:27am

Nevermind...

Updated On: 7/24/18 at 11:27 AM

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#49Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 7/25/18 at 2:43pm

PThespian said: "James Romney is on as Albus today. He is rocking it!"

Ooo... awesome! I caught him as Yann many moons ago and I would love to see him on as Albus.

Cv611 Profile Photo
Cv611
#50Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 7/25/18 at 3:05pm

PThespian said: "James Romney is on as Albus today. He is rocking it!"

Does anyone know if Sam is out all week or just today? I have tickets tomorrow so I’m just wondering...

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#51Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 7/25/18 at 3:09pm

^ His instagram shows he's on vacation upstate, so I'm assuming he'll be out all week.

rwkpa26
#52Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 7/25/18 at 3:17pm

Anthony is out next week, right?

Lauren2
#53Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 7/25/18 at 3:49pm

I guess I came at the right time between everyone’s vacation! How is James doing? Can you give us some specifics?

willep
#54Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 7/25/18 at 6:20pm

VotePeron said: "^ His instagram shows he's on vacation upstate, so I'm assuming he'll be out all week."

I don’t think the Hamptons (as seen on his Instagram) is considered upstate, but I do think someone, perhaps PThespian, mentioned that he is taking the week off.