pixeltracker

What's Next for the Al Hirschfeld?- Page 2

What's Next for the Al Hirschfeld?

vampire musical
#25What's Next for the Al Hirschfeld?
Posted: 9/29/18 at 12:14am

Not for nothing but just double checked ibdb and the same GM is on Kinky Boots and Moulin Rouge. So the transition will be seamless. 

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#26What's Next for the Al Hirschfeld?
Posted: 9/29/18 at 1:01am

Bwayfan292 said: "Hate to double post but, whats the likely hood a limited run of a play or something came in May and closed in june? And moulin rouge would open late august?"

Unlikely. The theatre probably needs some work to accommodate Moulin Rouge's environmental design. And maybe there are also more general wear-and-tear renovations...i.e., refurbished bathrooms or lobbies or ticket booths. They haven't been able to do any substantial work on the theatre in the past 5 years, and Jujamcyn should at least be expecting it to be occupied for another 3+ years. (I don't really remember, how does the Hirschfeld interior look?)

brian1973
#27What's Next for the Al Hirschfeld?
Posted: 9/29/18 at 4:08am

Moulin Rouge...

theaterwiz414
#28What's Next for the Al Hirschfeld?
Posted: 9/29/18 at 8:33am

Are we completely ruling out a Jagged Little Pill broadway run?

EJ24642 Profile Photo
EJ24642
#29What's Next for the Al Hirschfeld?
Posted: 9/29/18 at 9:14am

theaterwiz414 said: "Are we completely ruling out a Jagged Little Pill broadway run?"

I wouldn't say anyone is ruling it out, but if it does transfer it likely won't be until the 2019-2020 season. Also, Moulin Rouge has been rumored to take the Hirschfeld since before it opened in Boston. Should Jagged Little Pill transfer, I think it would end up somewhere like the Cort or Belasco. 

Scarlet Leigh Profile Photo
Scarlet Leigh
#30What's Next for the Al Hirschfeld?
Posted: 9/29/18 at 9:47am

People that keep saying that Moulin Rouge is going to go into the Shubert have clearly not sat UPSTAIRS there anytime lately. Seeing Dolly from up in the balcony made it VERY clear that MR would never work there. 

The stage is the right size, the number of seats in the house is the right size, but it's a very tall and THIN house. All I could think sitting there was how tight a fit it would be for the windmill and the Elephant. It would just not look right and it might even feel like you were too close to those set pieces while sitting upstairs.

If not the Hirschfeld (though it's gonna be the Hirschfeld) it's also not going to be the Shubert either. 

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#31What's Next for the Al Hirschfeld?
Posted: 9/29/18 at 11:48am

I love the idea of Moulin Rouge! going to the Hirschfeld but I can't imagine they'd be able to fit all the scenic elements outside the proscenium into that theatre.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

trpguyy
#32What's Next for the Al Hirschfeld?
Posted: 9/29/18 at 2:29pm

Moulin Rouge has already invested a good amount of money, time, and human capital into the Hirschfeld. It’s a done deal.

rg7759
#33What's Next for the Al Hirschfeld?
Posted: 9/29/18 at 2:50pm

you know its not a great year for musicals if were already looking beyond the 2019 tonys.

Sondheimite Profile Photo
Sondheimite
#34What's Next for the Al Hirschfeld?
Posted: 9/29/18 at 3:23pm

Solipsist234 said: "Robbie2 said: "What's Next for the Al Hirschfeld?"

Robbie, everyone's already said that Moulin Rouge is going into the Hirschfeld. We don't need some random/cryptic picture to support this!
"

What is random or cryptic about a photo of the Moulin Rouge set that says Moulin Rouge on it?  

I'd rather that Lion Roar kid come back than Solipsist234 stay.  It's past time for the ban, moderators, of Solipsist234

Broadway World's Fireman.
Updated On: 9/29/18 at 03:23 PM

robskynyc
#35What's Next for the Al Hirschfeld?
Posted: 9/29/18 at 3:55pm

Sondheimite said: "It's past time for the ban, moderators, of Solipsist234"

HERE HERE!

Solipsist234
#36What's Next for the Al Hirschfeld?
Posted: 9/29/18 at 4:11pm

<<edited by BWW staff>>

That depends on how you see it, robsky! If you or Sondhemite are saying that BroadwayWorld would be a better place WITHOUT me, then you clearly do not understand how horribly inane it already is with a poster LIKE YOU perusing around yelling at another poster!

BTW, comparing me to "that Lion Roar kid" (this is in response to Sondheimite's post) is completely and utterly laughable. That kid was actually a troll; I am not, nor am I any past poster from this website!

Yell at me, get enraged at me, but try to do it with a little purpose, okay?

Love ya, robsky!!! kiss

Updated On: 9/29/18 at 04:11 PM

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#37What's Next for the Al Hirschfeld?
Posted: 9/29/18 at 4:27pm

Sondheimite said: "Solipsist234 said: "Robbie2 said: "What's Next for the Al Hirschfeld?"

Robbie, everyone's already said that Moulin Rouge is going into the Hirschfeld. We don't need some random/cryptic picture to support this!
"

What is random orcryptic about a photo of the Moulin Rouge set that says Moulin Rouge on it?

I'd rather that Lion Roar kid come back thanSolipsist234 stay. It's past time for the ban, moderators, ofSolipsist234
"

Yea, I just ignore trolls!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Solipsist234
#38What's Next for the Al Hirschfeld?
Posted: 9/29/18 at 4:32pm

Robbie2 said: "Sondheimite said: "Solipsist234 said: "Robbie2 said: "What's Next for the Al Hirschfeld?"

"

What is random orcryptic about a photo of the Moulin Rouge set that says Moulin Rouge on it?

I'd rather that Lion Roar kid come back thanSolipsist234 stay. It's past time for the ban, moderators, ofSolipsist234
"

Yea, I just ignore trolls!
"

Again, not a troll, just posting how I see it!

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#39What's Next for the Al Hirschfeld?
Posted: 9/29/18 at 8:38pm

They were just being a little more creative with saying that it's definitely Moulin Rouge. No need to make it deeper than it is.

Sondheimite Profile Photo
Sondheimite
#40What's Next for the Al Hirschfeld?
Posted: 9/29/18 at 9:49pm

I'm also AMAZED that the Weekend Moderator deleted my post about listening to a bootleg of the West End Company revival but leaves up the nasty posts from Solipsist.

I

M

A

O

Broadway World's Fireman.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#41What's Next for the Al Hirschfeld?
Posted: 9/30/18 at 1:51am

The Hirschfeld does have a cool interior that feels very Moulin Rouge. I still think it'd look amazing at the Winter Garden, but alas...