pixeltracker

RUBEN & CLAY’S FIRST ANNUAL CHRISTMAS CAROL FAMILY FUN PAGEANT SPECTACULAR REUNION SHOW- Page 11

RUBEN & CLAY’S FIRST ANNUAL CHRISTMAS CAROL FAMILY FUN PAGEANT SPECTACULAR REUNION SHOW

Miramar3
#250Ruben
Posted: 11/28/18 at 11:42am

bryan2 said: "I love all the hate from these people whose only talent is trolling the message boards...This may be something that I have absolutely no interest in but I do respect both men are very talented and if this is what they want to do and someone is going to bankroll it ...go for it....and you trolls need to really get a life just so sad"

YES  !!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#251Ruben
Posted: 11/28/18 at 1:00pm

But no one IS trolling.  No one has said a word against either man's talent.  

The only negative talk here is about the suspected lack of success this will have.  (And a good dose of poking the bear that is MassiveMeGo.)  

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Clyde15
#252Ruben
Posted: 11/28/18 at 1:48pm

Omg this is the best thread in YEARS! Please keep this up, it’s helping me get through final season

OKBroadwayFan Profile Photo
OKBroadwayFan
#253Ruben
Posted: 11/28/18 at 1:58pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "OMG YES!!!I can see the marquee now:HUNGon Broadway!

Clay and Ruben who???
"

HUNG on Broadway!   This, this, this, I would see!!!   

Sondheimite Profile Photo
Sondheimite
#254Ruben
Posted: 11/28/18 at 8:08pm

bryan2 said: "I love all the hate from these people whose only talent is trolling the message boards...This may be something that I have absolutely no interest in but I do respect both men are very talented and if this is what they want to do and someone is going to bankroll it ...go for it....and you trolls need to really get a life just so sad"

Who's trolling?  I, and many others, simply stated that there was no way this would make money.  We didn't bash their talent, we said our opinions on the issues this show was going to have (and now IS having) from a producers/money making standpoint.

Then someone involved in the production started to shrill lies about the show and we took up arms against someone coming to this board and trying to sell their production through lies/delusions.

Many of us have a pretty good life, actually!  Mine is full of laughter, creating in the arts, and fun!  I am also lucky to make most of my money through artistic undertakings.  BroadwayWorld is a part of my life because it connects to my craft/vocation.  

But I digress..

if anyone is trolling, it is the member of Clay & Ruben production team that has been sabotaging their own show through the spreading of lies/the attacking of potential ticket buyers for calling out their lies. 

Broadway World's Fireman.

robskynyc
#255Ruben
Posted: 11/29/18 at 9:01am

Sondheimite said: "bryan2 said: "I love all the hate from these people whose only talent is trolling the message boards...This may be something that I have absolutely no interest in but I do respect both men are very talented and if this is what they want to do and someone is going to bankroll it ...go for it....and you trolls need to really get a life just so sad"

Who's trolling? I, and many others, simply stated that there was no way this would make money. We didn't bash their talent, we saidour opinions on the issues this show was going to have (and now IS having) from a producers/money making standpoint.

Then someone involved in the production started to shrill lies about the show and we took up arms against someone coming to this board and trying to sell their production through lies/delusions.

Many of us have a pretty good life, actually! Mine is full of laughter, creating in the arts, and fun! I am also lucky to make most of my money through artistic undertakings. BroadwayWorld is a part of my life because it connects to my craft/vocation.

But I digress..

if anyone is trolling, it is the member of Clay & Ruben production team that has been sabotaging their own show through the spreading of lies/the attacking of potential ticket buyers for calling out their lies."

PLOT TWIST: massivemego is actually Kimberley Locke

Fosse76
#256Ruben
Posted: 11/29/18 at 10:12am

Kad said: "The house for the first performance next week is dismal. Maybe a third of the seats are filled. Maybe. Everyone in the entire mezz alone could comfortably fit in one section of the seating in the front mezz itself."

They've barely sold 1000 tickets. Apparently they're going to deluge the morning talk shows with Clay and Ruben to try and drive-up sales.

MassiveMeGo Profile Photo
MassiveMeGo
#257Ruben
Posted: 11/29/18 at 3:39pm

aka promotion. 

Ruben

\_(•_•)_/ Profile Photo
\_(•_•)_/
#258Ruben
Posted: 11/29/18 at 3:43pm

Well, when you have Howie Mandel before them, I’d be suprised if people were still watching and hadnt turned the tv off yet.

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#259Ruben
Posted: 11/29/18 at 4:19pm

Can you imagine how much excitement this show would have had if it was Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood doing this instead? I guess they aren't at the point in their career to feel the need to team up.

Updated On: 11/29/18 at 04:19 PM

MassiveMeGo
#260Ruben
Posted: 11/29/18 at 4:40pm

Can you imagine Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood doing this instead?

Nope, but then there's the wee little problem that they aren't friends or even like each other. 

Updated On: 11/29/18 at 04:40 PM

Sondheimite
#261Ruben
Posted: 11/29/18 at 4:44pm

MassiveMeGo said: "Can you imagine Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood doing this instead?

Nope, but then there's the wee little problem that they aren't friends or even like each other.
"

But there's the wee solution that this is a pair that ticket buying audiences would actually want to buy tickets to.

I'm going to see your show when the comp tickets roll out.  And I know they're gonna.  And I don't even *want* to see your show with a comp.  But, after ALL THIS delusion that has been spilled on the boards about this show, you bet your a$$ that it's worth a comp ticket, two joints, and two hours of my time. 

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#262Ruben
Posted: 11/29/18 at 4:44pm

MassiveMeGo said: "Can you imagine Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood doing this instead?

"

To paraphrase a quote from Velma Kelly in the movie adaptation of Chicago, "[Show business] is one business where that doesn't matter." But Clay, if you got some more tea, feel free to share.

MassiveMeGo
#263Ruben
Posted: 11/29/18 at 5:00pm

Don't hold out too long, Soddomite, its only a 3 week run. wink

Sondheimite
#264Ruben
Posted: 11/29/18 at 5:10pm

MassiveMeGo said: "Don't hold out too long, Soddomite, its only a 3 week run.wink"

you'll be dropping comps soon so that you don't have to play to empty houses, i'm not worried!

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#265Ruben
Posted: 11/29/18 at 5:41pm

How do comp tickets work? Is it done through those guys screaming at me on the streets asking me if I want to see a free comedy show?

Sondheimite
#266Ruben
Posted: 11/29/18 at 6:18pm

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2 said: "How do comp tickets work? Is it done through those guys screaming at me on the streets asking me if I want to see a free comedy show?"

I depends.

I'm, luckily, in a position where I have friends in higher positions of power/influence than I am in.  So comp tickets, for me, usually start with me being in the city and a friend texting me and saying, "hey, I just got comps for ______ tonight!  Wanna come with me?"

But there are papering sites (though they've all lost the splendor of their yesteryears) and I have a feeling that tickets for this will be handed out at the box office (ala Home For The Holidays). 

I've always imaged how insulted I'd feel if I'd bought tickets for a show at full price only to learn that the box office was handing them out like candy for free.  But c'est la vie! 

Updated On: 11/29/18 at 06:18 PM

musical3
#267Ruben
Posted: 11/29/18 at 7:09pm

I'm not familiar with the Home for the Holidays production frequently mentioned in this thread.  Is there a thread on this site documenting the run?  I'm curious to learn what a bit more about the show and why it didn't find an audience.  Also, I gather that the seating capacity for the Imperial Theater is 1417, and the Shubert is about the same size - any thoughts about a better venue for this kind of offering? Sad to read of any show that fails to be of interest.

Updated On: 11/29/18 at 07:09 PM

Sondheimite
#268Ruben
Posted: 11/29/18 at 7:23pm

Simply put:

Things like Clay/Ruben and Home For The Holidays can't find audiences because there is no audience to find.

Broadway ticket prices are a luxury.  At an average of $100 a ticket, people can spend twelve hours at Disney World for the price of two hours in theatre.

You have to give the people shows they want in order to find a success.  

No one wanted to spend $100 on Home for The Holidays, a school christmas pageant for failed D- list singers, when they could spend $100 to see an actual Broadway musical/play.  The same is 100% true for Clay/Ruben.  Just because YOU want your show to be on Broadway doesn't mean the ticket buying public wants to pay to see it.

You have to give audiences something worth spending the money on.  No one is going to NYC, as a tourist, to visit Broadway and spending a night seeing Clay/Ruben when they could take their family to The Lion King for the same price.  Why would they?  And the local Broadway fans would rather just sit it out than pay to see a masturbatory holiday concert for D list singers.

If audiences don't want to pay Broadway prices for a show, there is no way the show becomes a success on Broadway.  Projects like Clay/Ruben, Home For The Holidays, and Rocktopia reek of the fact that they only exist to stroke a performers ego.  Audiences are smart and can pick up on that.

musical3
#269Ruben
Posted: 11/29/18 at 8:38pm

Thank you Sondheimite for taking the time to lend your insight and theater experience in response to my inquiry.  After watching the Hal Prince documentary, I was struck by his good fortune, as he noted himself, that he could attend numerous shows on Broadway for significantly reduced ticket prices.  What a thrilling time to live close to the theater district. We are all the beneficiaries for his substantial, early education about all things Broadway.

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#270Ruben
Posted: 11/30/18 at 7:39pm

Wait did TDF just change the price to $33 to $49? HAHA

Pashacar
#271Ruben
Posted: 12/2/18 at 4:03pm

WldKingdomHM said: "Wait did TDF just change the price to $33 to $49? HAHA"

Just noticed that, too. DEMAND MUST BE PICKING UP!!!!!!!!

10086sunset
#272Ruben
Posted: 12/2/18 at 8:03pm

Does anyone have a code for this? TIA

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#273Ruben
Posted: 12/3/18 at 10:45am

Here's a video of Clay and Ruben doing pick-up lines which probably shows us the kind of humor this show will have:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLhDOYGWt_4

Anyway, I had to go to New Jersey this weekend and at Newark Penn Station I saw an ad for the show stating that tickets are starting at $39.

Updated On: 12/3/18 at 10:45 AM

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#274Ruben
Posted: 12/3/18 at 10:54am

You won't need a code.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Videos