pixeltracker

RUBEN & CLAY’S FIRST ANNUAL CHRISTMAS CAROL FAMILY FUN PAGEANT SPECTACULAR REUNION SHOW- Page 3

RUBEN & CLAY’S FIRST ANNUAL CHRISTMAS CAROL FAMILY FUN PAGEANT SPECTACULAR REUNION SHOW

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#50Ruben
Posted: 11/6/18 at 12:40am

When did Clay Aiken transform into Professor Coldheart from the Care Bears?

Updated On: 11/6/18 at 12:40 AM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#51Ruben
Posted: 11/6/18 at 2:09pm

Regardless of how any of you might FEEL about this concert - so far, the general public isn't responding.   I just check a bunch of weekend dates and the orcestra...at best is about 25-30% sold, and looking at the mezz and balc (or is it rear mezz - I've already forgotten) I'd guess that under 20% has been sold.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

musical3
#52Ruben
Posted: 11/6/18 at 10:32pm

Interesting posts on this thread.  I think this duo will surprise you.  Anyone remember Clay's stint in Spamalot?  I certainly believe Mike Nichols is a credible judge of Broadway talent: "Director Mike Nichols expressed enthusiasm...: "Clay Aiken is amazing beyond that glorious voice," Nichols said in a statement. "Turns out he is an excellent comic actor and a master of character. People will be surprised by his wide ranging talent, since the first impression is of great country charm and a singer to remember. This guy is not only a star, he is a lot more."  

dramamama611
#53Ruben
Posted: 11/6/18 at 10:58pm

^talent has nothing to do with it.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

LightsOut90
#54Ruben
Posted: 11/7/18 at 12:35am

I think this is going to be alot more self-aware and meta then people anticipate, sadly this is WAY too big of a house for it.

MassiveMeGo Profile Photo
MassiveMeGo
#55Ruben
Posted: 11/7/18 at 8:49pm

I think some people are achieving premature evaluation of ticket sales. Previews are still a month away and reviews will make or break it, so be patient. Buy tickets and go see for yourself. I'd love some honest reviews from you guys. 

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#56Ruben
Posted: 11/7/18 at 8:54pm

I think you’re going to be shocked when this doesn't do too well. Not to be snarky, but a legit question, do you work for the production in any way?

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#57Ruben
Posted: 11/7/18 at 10:02pm

Same producers as Home for the Holidays, so I'd think they know what they're getting into, no? Especially in such a large house.

dramamama611
#58Ruben
Posted: 11/7/18 at 10:34pm

MassiveMeGo said: "I think some people are achieving premature evaluation of ticket sales. Previews are still a month away and reviews will make or break it, so be patient. Buy tickets and go see for yourself. I'd love some honest reviews from you guys."

Aren't they only playing for 3 weeks? Not much time to wait for reviews to kick in.

And all I said was,  so far. 

MassiveMeGo
#59Ruben
Posted: 11/7/18 at 11:03pm

itsjustmejonhotmailcom said: "It's by the same producer as Home for the Holidays. Wonder if they put those cardboard trees in storage."

It is not the same producer. RC Productions LLC did not produce Home For the Holidays. 

MassiveMeGo
#60Ruben
Posted: 11/7/18 at 11:10pm

Bwayfan292 said: "I think you’re going to be shocked when this doesn't do too well. Not to be snarky, but a legit question, do you work for the production in any way?"

I am production adjacent. I think you are unfairly associating this production with HFTH. Yes they have American Idol at some time in the past in common but that's where it ends. 

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#61Ruben
Posted: 11/7/18 at 11:19pm

MassiveMeGo said: "Bwayfan292 said: "I think you’re going to be shocked when this doesn't do too well. Not to be snarky, but a legit question, do you work for the production in any way?"

I am production adjacent. I think you are unfairly associating this production with HFTH. Yes they have American Idol at some time in the past in common but that's where it ends.

"

Im not associating it with HFTH. Theres just not a market for christmas concerts on broadway. Family's  coming to NYC for the holidays only come here mabye once every two or three years and for some of them it will be the only trip, they won’t choose a Holiday concert with American idol winners they  will choose the lion king, wicked, or hamilton.  

Also, previews may not have begun yet but you can usually tell how it will play out with sales before. With such a short run (3 weeks) and barley 20% of all dates have sold, word of mouth won’t be enough to carry this show. 

Of course I am not trashing this show, and of course this can be a-lot of fun, but as of right now it’s going down the same path as HFTH. 

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18

bryan2
#62Ruben
Posted: 11/8/18 at 8:03am

I love the people who write on these boards...while there are some who are giving good feedback and constructive opinions ..most are just haters and think that they know more than the next person..While I don't get why this show is coming in , I always hope it is successful and keeps actors and singers working for a while..(short period but a paycheck is a paycheck) It is like all the ALW haters who don't realize how many people were able to eat/sleep and study due to CATS just saying...I to have shows I still hope they run for the sake of the people involved

OKBroadwayFan Profile Photo
OKBroadwayFan
#63Ruben
Posted: 11/8/18 at 10:25am

I agree that tourists (and there are tons of tourists from Thanksgiving to New Year's)  will not seek out this type of holiday show.   Radio City Spectacular? Yes; New York City Ballet, Nutcracker? Yes; Rockefeller Tree? Yes; Store Window Displays? Yes; Saks' Light Display? Yes; Shopping? Yes;     They will also hit their favorite or unseen Broadway shows.   

Home for the Holidays was a bust.    

Are they shooting for the box office that Donny and Marie Christmas?   They grossed 2.8 million with 20 shows.    One could argue who is a better name or draw.  Donny and Marie or Ruben & Clay.

dramamama611
#64Ruben
Posted: 11/8/18 at 10:38am

bryan2 said: "I love the people who write on these boards...while there are some who are giving good feedback and constructive opinions ..most are just haters and think that they know more than the next person..While I don't get why this show is coming in , I always hope it is successful and keeps actors and singers working for a while..(short period but a paycheck is a paycheck) It is like all the ALW haters who don't realize how many people were able to eat/sleep and study due to CATS just saying...I to have shows I still hope they run for the sake of the people involved"

Always love the childish retort of calling people 'haters'.   Most of us here don't JUST want paychecks for the employees - but quality work and for them to be able to proud to get that paycheck.  We want BETTER.  I don't know how this will do financially or artistically - I wouldn't go even if it WAS the best thing out there.  (Being Jewish/Agnostic) .

As I've said, most of us aren't talking about quality - we are talking about success in terms of demand - and here, there doesn't SEEM to be one.     

GreeneStreet Profile Photo
GreeneStreet
#65Ruben
Posted: 11/8/18 at 11:35am

I’m sick of people on these boards calling each other “haters” when they are just using evidence. Look for youself, the show isn't selling. They are making comments on that, did they say I wish the actors are put out of work! No. They are commenting on how this show unforuantley won’t do well because theres no market for it.

If you are going to NYC for the holidays, will you pick a broadway show or the rockettes? Or would you go see a two hour concert of Ruben.

Exactly.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#66Ruben
Posted: 11/8/18 at 1:26pm

I'm really tired of the "from American Idol" or "from RuPaul's Drag Race" taglines on shows. These are meaningless at this point. Hundreds of people have been run through those shows. There's no cache to it any longer. Unless you are on a beginning season and are insanely talented, interest in you is going to fall away very quickly. There is little to no audience for Clay and Ruben. They should have done this at New World and created expensive VIP experiences for their hardcore fans. I'm sick of non headliners headlining. Even Cheno had a shorter Broadway run than they did and she's a Tony winner.

I have more respect for people like Justin and Tamyra, as well as Ace and Diana who just put themselves in the mix of both Broadway and touring companies and walk the walk of a working performer. In a way they almost try to separate from Idol, although its in their bio and producers will try to milk it. They are just there to do the work.

Clay and Ruben are delusional, as are the producers. I'd never pay those prices to see them in a holiday show. However, they both have great voices. Put them in a musical that is appropriate for them and I'd consider it.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

MassiveMeGo
#67Ruben
Posted: 11/8/18 at 3:40pm

Bettyboy72 said: "I'm really tired of the "from American Idol" or "from RuPaul's Drag Race" taglines on shows. These are meaningless at this point. Hundreds of people have been run through those shows. There's no cache to it any longer. Unless you are on a beginning season and are insanely talented, interest in you is going to fall away very quickly. There is little to no audience for Clay and Ruben. They should have done this at New World and created expensive VIP experiences for their hardcore fans. I'm sick of non headliners headlining. Even Cheno had a shorter Broadway run than they did and she's a Tony winner.

I have more respect for people like Justin and Tamyra, as well as Ace and Dianawho just put themselves in the mix of both Broadway and touring companies and walk the walk of a working performer. In a way they almost try to separate from Idol, although its in their bio and producers will try to milk it. They are just there to do the work.

Clay and Ruben are delusional, as are the producers. I'd never pay those prices to see them in a holiday show. However, they both have great voices. Put them in a musical that is appropriate for them and I'd consider it."

Clay and Ruben are the producers and are creating more than just a straight concert. 

We've all seen the Rockettes, The Nutcracker and some of you might have even seen Donny and Marie. I for one would be excited to have a new family oriented Christmas show. It isn't just tourists that go to Broadway shows. 

Updated On: 11/8/18 at 03:40 PM

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#68Ruben
Posted: 11/9/18 at 10:55am

Clay and Ruben are the producers and are creating more than just a straight concert.

We've all seen the Rockettes, The Nutcracker and some of you might have even seen Donny and Marie. I for one would be excited to have a new family oriented Christmas show. It isn't just tourists that go to Broadway shows.

Except they've out priced families and kids don't want to see Clay and Ruben.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Sondheimite Profile Photo
Sondheimite
#69Ruben
Posted: 11/9/18 at 8:48pm

I'm sorry

But like..

there are maybe

MAYBE

two theatre's worth of people in all of the united states who want to pay money to see this.

Broadway World's Fireman.

ArtMan
#70Ruben
Posted: 11/9/18 at 9:26pm

I'll be an optimist  (which usually isn't a trait of mine) here and say this might surprise us.  Ruben, had a very successful tour this year covering Luther Vandross songs, so he still has a fan base.  We all know how devoted and crazy Clay's fans are, so they might spend the money for this.  Although I enjoy attending one Christmas concert every December (and I'm Jewish), this doesn't or wouldn't have appealed to me.  Only because I'm not a fan of either.  But they may sell reasonably well.  

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#71Ruben
Posted: 11/10/18 at 2:23am

Bettyboy72 said: "I'm really tired of the "from American Idol" or "from RuPaul's Drag Race" taglines on shows. These are meaningless at this point. Hundreds of people have been run through those shows. There's no cache to it any longer. Unless you are on a beginning season and are insanely talented, interest in you is going to fall away very quickly. There is little to no audience for Clay and Ruben. They should have done this at New World and created expensive VIP experiences for their hardcore fans. I'm sick of non headliners headlining. Even Cheno had a shorter Broadway run than they did and she's a Tony winner.

I have more respect for people like Justin and Tamyra, as well as Ace and Dianawho just put themselves in the mix of both Broadway and touring companies and walk the walk of a working performer. In a way they almost try to separate from Idol, although its in their bio and producers will try to milk it. They are just there to do the work.

Clay and Ruben are delusional, as are the producers. I'd never pay those prices to see them in a holiday show. However, they both have great voices. Put them in a musical that is appropriate for them and I'd consider it.

"

Clay actually was in Spamalot back in 2008 and wasn't horrible . Kind of sad that this is his comeback 10 years later.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

MassiveMeGo
#72Ruben
Posted: 11/11/18 at 9:07pm

Marianne2 said: 
"

Clay actually was in Spamalot back in 2008 and wasn't horrible . Kind of sad that this is his comeback 10 years later.
"

Clay was really damn good in Spamalot and starred as Man In Chair in The Drowsy Chaperone in 2011 and as Joseph  in Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat in 2013. After that he ran for Congress and kept his hand in by doing private concerts. 

He was also in Sandy Wexler, Sharknado5 and New Dogs Old Tricks. 

Neither guy was busking the subways, believe me. 

Updated On: 11/11/18 at 09:07 PM

Sondheimite Profile Photo
Sondheimite
#73Ruben
Posted: 11/11/18 at 9:20pm

Yes, may we #neverforget Clay in Joseph

Broadway World's Fireman.

MassiveMeGo
#74Ruben
Posted: 11/12/18 at 3:14am

Sondheimite said: "Yes, may we #neverforget Clay in Joseph"

What kind of person goes to the trouble of making and uploading a 5 second video just to bash someone? Seriously.