pixeltracker

SIX: THE MUSICAL ON BROADWAY- Page 3

SIX: THE MUSICAL ON BROADWAY

Impossible2
#50Should SIX transfer?
Posted: 3/19/19 at 6:55pm

ggersten said: "What is the other show? My experience was West End shows started on time with no preshow announcements. So be on time for other show."

I've been to about 30 of them in the last 3 months and not one of them started on time.

WestEndGal
#51Should SIX transfer?
Posted: 3/19/19 at 8:29pm

Six is AMAZING! I saw it about 6 weeks ago and I’m still thinking about it! I’d love to see it eventually make it to Broadway, although Off-Broadway would work better I think! I hope it will translate for US audiences.

Oh and we chatted to Katharine McPhee afterwards because we spotted her in the audience as we were leaving and my fearless friend literally pounced on her he was so excited lol! She was with Amy Foster, one of David Foster’s daughters. It was a few nights before her first Waitress preview and she told us she was trying to fit some shows in while she had the chance, and that she loved Six! Michelle Visage was in the audience also!

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#52Should SIX transfer?
Posted: 3/19/19 at 11:51pm

Don’t see why this wouldn’t work on Broadway! We have had multiple one-person shows, etc. It sounds like a concert so why not. I think it’s a great fun score.

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#53Should SIX transfer?
Posted: 3/20/19 at 12:11am

Impossible2 said: "ggersten said: "What is the other show? My experience was West End shows started on time with no preshow announcements. So be on time for other show."

I've been to about 30 of them in the last 3 months and not one of them started on time.
"

Wow. Things have changed.  My last visit was last June - and shows were starting on time.  My main time was 2014 and we got to Matilda two minutes after posted time and had to wait till the opening number ended.

Scarlet Leigh Profile Photo
Scarlet Leigh
#54Should SIX transfer?
Posted: 3/20/19 at 12:26am

RippedMan said: "Don’t see why this wouldn’t work on Broadway! We have had multiple one-person shows, etc. It sounds like a concert so why not. I think it’s a great fun score."

I think the real issue is the scale of this show verse the scale of a Broadway house/stage. I have watched a few videos of the encore and I would have to agree that I don't know how well this would play on Broadway. NOT because of the work itself which is 100% up to par but it just feel like a show that NEEDS a smaller more intimate space to really shine. If it DID go all the way to Broadway (gosh I hope so) it would need to go into one of the smaller houses for sure or Circle in the Square where the audience and the performers are close to one another.

BWAY Baby2
#55Should SIX transfer?
Posted: 3/20/19 at 2:03pm

Shoot- just got back from London- and missed it. Did see 5 shows in 4 days though. Company, Jesus Hopped The A Train, Come From Away, Motown all A level. The one disappointment was All About Eve. My second Ivo show- and my last, I hope. Though I hear he is doing the West Side Story- on BWAY. Did not enjoy View From The Bridge- with that distracting background stupidity that adds nothing to the show- and his use of screens that also add zero, IMO. Not a fan. Wish I had seen SIX. 

Impossible2
#56Should SIX transfer?
Posted: 3/20/19 at 2:19pm

Scarlet Leigh said: "RippedMan said: "Don’t see why this wouldn’t work on Broadway! We have had multiple one-person shows, etc. It sounds like a concert so why not. I think it’s a great fun score."

I think the real issue is the scale of this show verse the scale of a Broadway house/stage. I have watched a few videos of the encore and I would have to agree that I don't know how well this would play on Broadway. NOT because of the work itself which is 100% up to par but it just feel like a show that NEEDS a smaller more intimate space to really shine. If it DID go all the way to Broadway (gosh I hope so) it would need to go into one of the smaller houses for sure or Circle in the Square where the audience and the performers are close to one another.
"

I don't think it'd work in Circle at all...

The whole thing is really cramped on that stage at the Arts, I'm sure they'd all appreciate a little more room to work with. They could even have a catwalk out into the audience and add some screens to either side of the stage to make it more 'concert' like.

It could easily work in the Hayes or one of the smaller houses.

It'd be amazing to see it at Studio54!

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#57Should SIX transfer?
Posted: 3/20/19 at 2:33pm

I caught the show last week and loved it. I do think, especially for American audiences, the show could be ever so slightly expanded. I understand the desire not to bloat the concept but I think they could likely add a song or two fleshing out the experience of these Queens - pushing the run time to closer to 90 minutes and it could be an easier sell for Broadway. I could definitely see it in a space like the Hays or the Lyceum.

Have they announced a cast for the Chicago production?

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

Impossible2
#58Should SIX transfer?
Posted: 3/20/19 at 2:44pm

QueenAlice said: "I caught the show last week and loved it. I do think, especially for American audiences, the show could be ever so slightly expanded."

Funny my partner (who is an American) also thought they could extend it a bit more.

Personally what I love about it is that it know exactly what it is and knows not to outstay its welcome. It's a slight concept at best and atm it is short, sharp and tight af and leaves the audience wanting more which is the perfect way to create return customers and a massive buzz which is what it is doing. The audience leaves the theatre on a total high because it all just works so perfectly.

It is what it is and it is working. To risk losing what is so good about by changing it it isn't worth it imo.

WestEndGal
#59Should SIX transfer?
Posted: 3/20/19 at 3:17pm

Scarlet Leigh said: "RippedMan said: "Don’t see why this wouldn’t work on Broadway! We have had multiple one-person shows, etc. It sounds like a concert so why not. I think it’s a great fun score."

"

Yeah that’s where I was coming from as to why I think a smaller venue would work better. 

WestEndGal
#60Should SIX transfer?

"

Yeah that’s where I was coming from as to why I think a smaller venue would work better. 

whatever2
#61Should SIX transfer?

"Personally what I love about it is that it know exactly what it is and knows not to outstay its welcome. It's a slight concept at best and atm it is short, sharp and tight af and leaves the audience wanting more which is the perfect way to create return customers and a massive buzz which is what it is doing. The audience leaves the theatre on a total high because it all just works so perfectly.

It is what it is and it is working. To risk losing what is so good about by changing it it isn't worth it imo."

Yank here who saw this last week in London; for whatever it's worth, I agree with this completely. It works perfectly as it is; "fleshing it out" to satisfy some pre-conceived notions of what a musical needs to be really risks breaking it.

"You, sir, are a moron." (PlayItAgain)

Impossible2
#62Should SIX transfer?
Posted: 3/20/19 at 3:34pm

whatever2 said: " It works perfectly as it is; "fleshing it out" to satisfy some pre-conceived notions of what a musical needs to be really risks breaking it."

If only 99% of Broadway musicals these days would follow suit.

Most of them struggle to be interesting for 90 minutes let alone the 120/140 minutes they all needlessly stretch themselves into.

Hopefully Bands Visit and Come From Away are the start of a new trend.

Impossible2
#63Should SIX transfer?
Posted: 3/20/19 at 3:55pm

ggersten said: "Impossible2 said: "ggersten said: "What is the other show? My experience was West End shows started on time with no preshow announcements. So be on time for other show."

"

Wow. Things have changed. My last visit was last June - and shows were starting on time. My main time was 2014 and we got to Matilda two minutes after posted time and had to wait till the opening number ended.
"

Matilda did start on time and they seemed very anal about it. Probably because it starts earlier and is full of kids in the audience/cast so they need to get them to bed on time.

Everything else I've seen they rush everyone in by curtain time and then you sit there for 10 minutes before it actually starts.

Scarlet Leigh
#64Should SIX transfer?
Posted: 3/20/19 at 5:57pm

QueenAlice said: "Have they announced a cast for the Chicago production?"

Not yet. They had auditions about two weeks ago. Had some footage from the open call on their Instagram story.

Scarlet Leigh
#65Should SIX transfer?
Posted: 3/27/19 at 5:06pm

Chicago casting annoucement coming tomorrow. Wondering if we will see any "names" in this or not. I think the casting will be very telling of their intentions. If it drops and we see some potentially bigger or well known names, then their intentions to head to New York with it will be clear. If they cast relative unknown or up and coming actors, maybe not so much.

Anyone you are hoping to see on the cast list?

YvanEhtNioj Profile Photo
YvanEhtNioj
#66Should SIX transfer?
Posted: 3/27/19 at 5:33pm

Sasha Allen. please and thank you.

Miss Keisha? Miss Keisha? Miss Keishhhaaaa?

YvanEhtNioj Profile Photo
YvanEhtNioj
#67Should SIX transfer?
Posted: 3/28/19 at 11:06am

Cast is up for Chicago:

Adrianna Hicks Catherine of Aragon

Andrea Macasaet Anne Boleyn

Abby Mueller Jane Seymour

Brittney Mack Anna of Cleves

Samantha Pauly Katherine Howard

Anna Uzele Catherine Parr

Nicole Kyoung-Mi Lambert Alternate Queen

Mallory Maedke Alternate Queen

Edit: Hicks and Mueller are the only two I'm personally familiar with. I love the diversity, tho. 

Miss Keisha? Miss Keisha? Miss Keishhhaaaa?
Updated On: 3/28/19 at 11:06 AM

Impossible2
#68Should SIX transfer?
Posted: 3/28/19 at 11:24am

YvanEhtNioj said: "Cast is up for Chicago:

Adrianna HicksCatherine of Aragon

Andrea MacasaetAnne Boleyn

Abby MuellerJane Seymour

Brittney MackAnna of Cleves

Samantha PaulyKatherine Howard

Anna UzeleCatherine Parr

Nicole Kyoung-Mi LambertAlternate Queen

Mallory MaedkeAlternate Queen

Edit: Hicks and Mueller are the only two I'm personally familiarwith. I love the diversity, tho.
"

They need to be diverse otherwise the show just won't work!

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#69Should SIX transfer?
Posted: 4/3/19 at 12:34am

The West End cast performs an abbreviated and weirdly censored version of Anne Boleyn's song:

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#70Should SIX transfer?
Posted: 4/3/19 at 12:39am

With those 2 attached, I'd think a NYC run is def. being eyed. Not to say Broadway. Could see this at 2nd Stage though. 

Impossible2
#71Should SIX transfer?
Posted: 4/3/19 at 12:51am

ggersten said: "The West End cast performs an abbreviated and weirdly censored version of Anne Boleyn's song: “ It was aired before the watershed hence it was censored x

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#72Should SIX transfer?
Posted: 4/3/19 at 9:16am

RippedMan said: "With those 2 attached, I'd think a NYC run is def. being eyed. Not to say Broadway. Could see this at 2nd Stage though."

I thought 2nd stage only produces work by American playwrights/writers/songwriters.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#73Should SIX transfer?
Posted: 4/3/19 at 11:35am

Why is everyone so obsessed with this coming to Broadway, and not just having a long run Off-Broadway somewhere like NWS, where it actually makes sense?

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#74Should SIX transfer?
Posted: 4/3/19 at 11:46am

Because Tumblr, Jordan. By the looks of it, this is suffering (benefiting) from Be More Chill syndrome.

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com