Frozen Tour

mailhandler777
#75Frozen Tour
Posted: 11/12/19 at 3:38pm

Call_me_jorge said: "mailhandler777 said: "A1st said: "How do the icicles appear during Monster? Is there still a turn table?"

They come out from the wings and surround the people chasing Elsa. No turntable.
"

What about the Olaf “in summer” scenic piece that pops out of the deck?
"

That happens yet. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

Rhoda4 Profile Photo
Rhoda4
#76Frozen Tour
Posted: 11/12/19 at 11:06pm

Seeing the show this Saturday night the 16th.  Will plan to report back. 

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#77Frozen Tour
Posted: 11/12/19 at 11:11pm

Thanks for these updates!

I guess I’m in the minority... I thought “True Love” was the best song they added to the Broadway show. Surprised it’s been cut. Scenic changes sound good!

Luminaire2 Profile Photo
Luminaire2
#78Frozen Tour
Posted: 11/13/19 at 2:50pm

Rhoda4 said: "Seeing the show this Saturday night the 16th. Will plan to report back."

that’s great! would love to hear about how the tour differs to the sit down. Especially scenically. Bummer about the turntable. 

Luminaire2 Profile Photo
Luminaire2
#79Frozen Tour
Posted: 12/5/19 at 2:23pm

New photos of tour online now. Looks really great scenically.

DiscoCrows Profile Photo
DiscoCrows
#80Frozen Tour
Posted: 12/5/19 at 2:33pm

Luminaire2 said: "New photos of tour online now. Looks really great scenically."

The castle looks so much more colorful, I love it! Kind of bummed that they really had to scale down the bridge but I suppose that makes sense. Oh well.

Overall it still looks great!

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#81Frozen Tour
Posted: 12/5/19 at 2:53pm

It could just be how the photos were edited, but the tour looks like it has brighter and more colorful lighting than the Broadway production. It looks great.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

mailhandler777
#82Frozen Tour
Posted: 12/5/19 at 6:27pm

bwayphreak234 said: "It could just be how the photos were edited, but the tour looks like it hasbrighter and more colorful lighting than the Broadway production. It looks great."

The lighting on tour is different.

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

Luminaire2 Profile Photo
Luminaire2
#83Frozen Tour
Posted: 12/5/19 at 8:06pm

I love the little stair platform for ice palace.

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#84Frozen Tour
Posted: 12/5/19 at 8:47pm

That one Let It Go promo shot from the tour is infinitely better than its counterpart on broadway. As some who really hated the show, I’m happy that they seem to be “fixing” it for Tour/London, but mad that I didn’t get to see the version they should’ve had all along.

RWPrincess
#85Frozen Tour
Posted: 12/6/19 at 12:45pm

I bought a ticket for Pantages next month last night. I have to do some client visits in the area so the timing worked. I signed up for the D23 event with cast talk-back so if anyone is a D23 member, there are still tickets available. The photos look incredible. It looks like Anna has the Frozen 2 hair throughout instead of the braids. I'll be curious to see what other subtle changes there are. I won the Broadway lottery earlier this week so it will be fresh in my mind to compare the 2 productions. 

Luminaire2 Profile Photo
Luminaire2
#86Frozen Tour
Posted: 12/6/19 at 9:04pm

Frozen Broadway on IG just posted a video of finale. Shows new staging without turntable.

Luminaire2 Profile Photo
Luminaire2
#87Frozen Tour
Posted: 12/7/19 at 2:24am

Official tour clips.

https://youtu.be/bTUspnFV4VA

EspinosaRoscioliBlock
#88Frozen Tour
Posted: 12/7/19 at 3:43am

They look amazing but what is with the sound quality both Caroline’s seem off. Could barely hear some of Caroline B’s word’s in “Monster” I hope in actual performance she’s stronger vocally to be honest the clips seem really pale compared to the Broadway Company. She seemed to be struggling. And this is for press? Hope this is just the video though.

Updated On: 12/7/19 at 03:43 AM

QueenTwinnied
#89Frozen Tour
Posted: 12/7/19 at 4:40am

EspinosaRoscioliBlock said: "They look amazing but what is with the sound quality both Caroline’s seem off.Could barely hear some of Caroline B’s word’s in “Monster” I hope in actual performance she’s stronger vocallyto be honest the clips seem really pale compared to the Broadway Company. She seemed to be struggling. Andthis is for press?Hope this is just the video though."

You need to get your ears checked before commenting again. Both Carolines sound incredible in that video. 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#90Frozen Tour
Posted: 12/7/19 at 1:05pm

EspinosaRoscioliBlock said: "They look amazing but what is with the sound quality both Caroline’s seem off.Could barely hear some of Caroline B’s word’s in “Monster” I hope in actual performance she’s stronger vocallyto be honest the clips seem really pale compared to the Broadway Company. She seemed to be struggling. Andthis is for press?Hope this is just the video though."

I agree. The orchestra seemed to over power both of them and especially so during Monster.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Luminaire2 Profile Photo
Luminaire2
#91Frozen Tour
Posted: 12/7/19 at 1:13pm

Really loving the design for tour. The same but slightly different.

trpguyy
#92Frozen Tour
Posted: 12/7/19 at 1:17pm

For whatever it’s worth, B-roll audio is typically mixed down by the video company, using direct feeds from a live performance. It’s almost always done very quickly and usually sounds different than the show does in a theater.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#93Frozen Tour
Posted: 12/7/19 at 4:27pm

Luminaire2 said: "Really loving the design for tour. The same but slightly different."

Same here. The tour actually looks better than the Broadway production.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

azleafcat
#94Frozen Tour
Posted: 12/28/19 at 2:04am

https://tournamentofroses.com/announcing-2020-rose-parade-mid-parade-performance-from-the-north-american-tour-cast-of-disneys-frozen/

A mid parade performance of “For the First Time in Forever” will be performed by the National Tour cast during the 2020 Tournament of Roses Parade on Wednesday, January 1!

magictodo123
#95Frozen Tour
Posted: 12/28/19 at 10:39am

Yesterday was the first time an understudy went on for a lead!!! Congratulations to her Anna tour debut!! 

BwayBeccaB Profile Photo
BwayBeccaB
#96Frozen Tour
Posted: 1/2/20 at 1:25am

Caelen Creaser (understudy) made her Elsa debut at the 12/29 Sunday matinee and performed for both shows Sunday. 

Luminaire2 Profile Photo
Luminaire2
#97Frozen Tour
Posted: 1/8/20 at 11:25am

Has broadway taken on the tours preshow design? Or was it always this way?

https://twitter.com/ewoldtsdaae/status/1214693882379812864?s=21

RWPrincess
#98Frozen Tour
Posted: 1/8/20 at 1:31pm

Looks like they've updated it to include the word Frozen and the castle images. It was like this for my Dec 2 visit but not for my February 2019 visit.

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#99Frozen Tour
Posted: 1/8/20 at 3:41pm

Going for a second time this friday.
If you collect Broadway windowcards (posters) like me just letting you know that they dont sell them.
What's annoying is that on ticketmaster you can pay for a "VIP package" and they give you a merch bag with the ticket which INCLUDES THE POSTER. I asked If I could buy one and they said that they're only for the people who paid for the VIP package.
I bought my windowcard on playbill.com for $33 (with tax & shipping).
Show is great. Leads are great too. The actor who plays Kristoff didnt have a strong stage presence when I saw him the first week at the Pantages.