pixeltracker

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11- Page 4

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11

artscallion Profile Photo
artscallion
#75RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
Posted: 4/6/19 at 11:06am

Yes, let's get rid of (in this order):
Silky (obnoxious and one note. Don't understand how she's lasted this long)
Ra’jah (mediocre looks and a miserable, defensive personality)
Sugah (same, same, same, week after week, almost as badly as Ariel)
Nina (seen her style a thousand times, done better by a thousand other girls)
Yvie (miserable and angry. She's creative, but you can't have that hard of a bitch for a winner.)
Vangie (Her looks are lame. The only reason she should stay this long is that she truly has star quality, no matter what she wears. Possible top three for that reason)

Top three should be:
Brook Lynn (consistently polished, professional, and talented, though not as interesting and creative as I'd like)
Plastique (gorgeous, polished, great looks and we know she can bring it performance-wise, though she doesn't always) 
A'Keria (consistently polished looks. A pageant girl. But that's a seriously big part of the drag community. It's not all Yvies and Sharon Needles. If they're going to throw the pageant community a bone, this is a good one)

Art has a double face, of expression and illusion.

Someone in a Tree2 Profile Photo
Someone in a Tree2
#76RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
Posted: 4/6/19 at 3:30pm

^ I'd keep Brook Lynn in your top 3 and lose the other 2 (in 5 episodes Plastique and A'keria have yet to impress me in any of the acting challenges). I'd bump Vanjie and Yvie up to my top 3 solely on the basis of their personalities and their performance chops. The fact that they don't have the same cash outlays for pageant lewks on the runway that Plastique or A'keria apparently do should NEVER be held against them. 

That's why I'm psyched for Snatch Game already-- I wanna see what these girls can do with their improv comedy skills (an essential drag queen requirement) and leave aside the "pretty" for once.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#77RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
Posted: 4/6/19 at 4:06pm

Yvie and Brooke Lynn are the two most interesting Queens for me this season and the two I find myself looking forward to more than any others. I feel like the Vanjie Magic has worn off and we’re seeing why she was eliminated first last season. It’s aboht time to say goodbye to her, I think.

Someone in a Tree2
#78RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
Posted: 4/6/19 at 4:11pm

^Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

For my money, she is the prettiest damn boy this show has ever featured with the funniest damn mouth on her. Get rid of her and who the hell would you want to watch in those confessionals every week?

Jordan Catalano
#79RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
Posted: 4/6/19 at 4:30pm

Keeping someone on a drag show because they’re an attractive boy is a weird reason for them to stay.

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#80RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
Posted: 4/6/19 at 5:35pm

Someone in a Tree2 said: "^Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

For my money, she is the prettiest damn boy this show has ever featured with the funniest damn mouth on her. Get rid of her and who the hell would you want to watch in those confessionals every week?
"

To quote Latrice Royale : "Girl, Really?"

Darreyl with an L!

Someone in a Tree2
#81RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
Posted: 4/6/19 at 6:56pm

It's a f'ing reality competition for God's sake-- what's wrong with me rooting for the cute boy? 

There's a reason they do their confessionals out of drag-- it's the boy underneath that makes the magic. That's one reason why Yvie is so damn interesting to me, and why I couldn't be bothered with Scarlett-- those guys out of drag either popped or they didn't.

ArtMan
#82RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
Posted: 4/6/19 at 7:57pm

Scarlett does have great hair.  Do they always have to wear a wig for the runway or can somebody like Scarlett, who has long hair, put her own hair in a style?

Updated On: 4/7/19 at 07:57 PM

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#83RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
Posted: 4/12/19 at 1:00am

My sister and I were LIVING for this week's Untucked. It was probably the most entertaining one since season six with so many two sided fights galore.

Plus I'm very happy for Plastique Tiara and Brooke Lynn Hytes this week.

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#84RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
Posted: 4/12/19 at 5:11am

Thoughts on Last Nights Episode.
1.) WTF is Vanji so upset with Yvie when she even admitted herself that she was right? And Tonight on the runway, she basically wore a two piece bathing suit- AGAIN!!! She is delusional and Yvie was completely right in what she said to her. 

2.) That whole Drama between Rajah and Plastique was ridiculous. First off, Plastique never lied or made up a story. if you listen to what her boyfriend said in the video, he says that her family struggled to accept her and had misconceptions about drag, but that when she finally comes fully out that the will grow to love her. He said WHEN, meaning they haven't yet. So Plastique was being truthful. Rajah and A'keria stirring up that drama was stupid

3.) Silky Got mad that Yvie said she should go home but her points were valid. Silky DOES NOT take what the judges say and apply it, even when Ru asked her if she hears what they are saying to her, she replied "Yes, but i don't agree with parts of it"- That is going against the judges. 
Also, Rajah was AWFUL this episode. Just Hateful in all kinds of ways. 

Darreyl with an L!

Someone in a Tree2
#85RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
Posted: 4/12/19 at 11:38am

A) If the Hoedown was gonna be a factor in the judging (putting Ra'Jah in the bottom again), it sure would have been nice to see the performance a little clearer. The judging feels like it's getting more and more random-- finding any excuse to arrive at foregone conclusions about who's in the bottom or the top.

B) I'm loathe to admit it, but this week I frankly thought Silky's runway look was terrific, and a good deal better than Brook Lynn, who can obviously sew but barely bothered to use the unconventional materials. 

C) Vanjie, step up your damn game, girl! You should have been in the bottom in any honest assessment of your look. And your crazy performance in Untucked was unhinged and completely mis-directed at Yvie when she was already getting beaten up by Silky. 

D) I'm still Team Yvie for top 3. She does the work and turns it out in performance and on the runway. She's like the kid in the cafeteria nobody wants to sit next to, but refuses to be cowed by that. Hang on Yvie, your time is coming!

E) Next week is Snatch Game (at last!!) After all these scripted and choreo-ed challenges, I am so ready for the queens to just open their mouths and improvise! This will really separate the stars from the also-rans.

Updated On: 4/12/19 at 11:38 AM

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#86RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
Posted: 4/12/19 at 1:53pm

ArtMan said: "Scarlett does have great hair. Do they always have to wear a wig for the runway or can somebody like Scarlett, who has long hair, put her own hair in a style?"

I don't think it would be gauche to do so, but I would think it's a lot more time consuming to style than putting on a wig. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Roscoe
#87RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
Posted: 4/12/19 at 3:01pm

Vanjie's having some serious Rage Management issues -- she goes from zero to maniac in nothing flat.  I'm starting to hope she gets sashayed next.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

Jordan Catalano
#88RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
Posted: 4/12/19 at 3:58pm

Christ, I hate Silky. More and more every week she’s the single worst contestant this show has ever had.

ArtMan
#89RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
Posted: 4/12/19 at 4:00pm

Kad said: "ArtMan said: "Scarlett does have great hair. Do they always have to wear a wig for the runway or can somebody like Scarlett, who has long hair, put her own hair in a style?"

I don't think it would be gauche to do so, but I would think it's a lot more time consuming to style than putting on a wig.
"

Thanks Kad, for the answer.  I asked a queen friend of mine that told me there was a contestant earlier in the run (can't remember the name) who always went out bald on the runway.  I think she said it was like Season 3.  I wonder if that is currently allowed, as since I been watching, Ru has scolded them for yanking off their wigs.

Someone in a Tree2
#90RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
Posted: 4/12/19 at 5:29pm

Sasha Velour won season 9 while very often rocking a bald look. That queen is a magnificent polished version of the style of drag Yvie is going for this season: ambiguously gendered (as opposed to fishy), using available materials to create a look, and shooting for something witty and conceptual over conventionally pretty. Sasha's finale lip-syncs that led to her crown are a sky-high standard in pure Drag Art.

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#91RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
Posted: 4/13/19 at 6:52pm

I love Yvie and I agree she’s just truth-telling. But man - she’s being kind of a c*nt about it. Like, yes these girls need to hear the straight tea from their sisters; but if they’re not ready to receive it, you don’t just throw it directly in their face.

Brooke and Yvie for the top 3. Third spot is a toss-up at this point. So glad Ra’jah is finally gone. What a nasty personality. Those editors went wild with that villain edit. Just a shame she gave them so much material to do it.

Updated On: 4/13/19 at 06:52 PM

Jordan Catalano
#92RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
Posted: 4/13/19 at 7:14pm

While there’s a couple Queens that I’m very much happy to discover, I’ve realized I think this season is just truly awful. From half-ass, same old challenges to a cast I can mostly do without ever seeing again, the show is starting to feel very tired.

ArtMan
#93RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
Posted: 4/13/19 at 7:29pm

So glad that Ra'jah left.  What a nasty piece of work.  She thinks she is confident, but in reality she is insecure and jealous.  What's up with Plastique not telling Ra'jah off?  Plastique is obviously no angel.  (She got caught talking smack about those wigs  and taking Ra'jah's material).  If Ra'jah had said to me, I don't like that you had three encouraging moments this week.  I would have told her, Tough Titty.  I can't help it if the producers love me and hate you.   Also, Silky tells Ru that Yvie should go home, then gets upset that Yvie returns the favor. She's delusional, but she does make me laugh.  I'm rooting for Yvie for the win.  But agree, she needs to keep her opinions to herself.  Anybody having the newest Drag Race tour coming to their city?  It is coming to my city in early November to a 1900 seat venue.  It is not selling at all.   The last tour to come to Jacksonville was a Christmas show a couple of years ago.  It finally sold after dropping ticket prices and it was in a 600 seat venue.  I had a great time for $20.

Updated On: 4/13/19 at 07:29 PM

Jordan Catalano
#94RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
Posted: 4/16/19 at 12:16pm

After watching the first 10 minutes they just put up from this weeks episode, I have to say I want Vanjie to leave just as much as I want Silky booted from the competition. I’m going to start taking some Advil before episodes just so I can listen to Vanjie screech nonstop for 2 hours. Plus the bitch is WAY too overconfident for someone who’s been at the bottom of the middle of the road the entire season, so far.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#95RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
Posted: 4/16/19 at 1:11pm

I'm dying to know who everyone does for Snatch Game. It's kind of exciting, in a way, that we have no clear front-runner like the Bob/Bianca seasons. 

ArtMan
#96RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
Posted: 4/17/19 at 12:21am

RippedMan, if you can't wait a couple of days there is a site on youtube that has videos weekly of all the spoilers for each episode.  They have been 100% correct this season as well as other seasons.  If you hear some really bad music and see several misspelled words you will know that you are on the correct site.  I would say only a few of the queens have picked correct choices that offer a lot of comic relief from.  At least three queens picked individuals that I didn't know who the hell they were.

Updated On: 4/17/19 at 12:21 AM

ArtMan
#96RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
Posted: 4/17/19 at 12:21am

double

Updated On: 4/17/19 at 12:21 AM

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#97RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
Posted: 4/19/19 at 2:06am

That was one of the best lip sync for your life’s ever , and yes please get rid of Silky.

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

Roscoe
#98RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11
Posted: 4/19/19 at 8:37am

I seem to remember Manila Luzon saying to someone during the last All-Stars, "You didn't come prepared for Snatch Game?"

Silky's abilities are undeniable, but even more undeniable is her utter vileness.  If she wins she'll be the least popular winner ever.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/