pixeltracker

Longest Original Cast Members?- Page 2

Longest Original Cast Members?

meredithchandler73
#25Longest Original Cast Members?
Posted: 3/15/19 at 4:14pm

Regarding the actor from PHANTOM (George Lee Andrews) - he played several different roles in that show over the years. I wonder how many of the people that have been with shows 10 years or more have played different roles and how many have done the same role.

Impossible2
#26Longest Original Cast Members?
Posted: 3/15/19 at 4:18pm

Tag said: "Marlene Daniele, was with the entire original run of Cats."

She now resides in a mental institution...

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#27Longest Original Cast Members?
Posted: 3/15/19 at 5:50pm

Impossible2 said: "Tag said: "Marlene Daniele, was with the entire original run of Cats."

She now resides in a mental institution...
"

Kind of got a head start.

notalwaysontime Profile Photo
notalwaysontime
#28Longest Original Cast Members?
Posted: 3/16/19 at 12:26am

I know Courntey Reed was with Aladdin since the first out of town town tryout back in 2011, until she left last year, so almost 7 years for her.

I do always wonder about actors who stay with a show/part so long. I always wonder what helps keep it fresh for that long.

JBradshaw Profile Photo
JBradshaw
#29Longest Original Cast Members?
Posted: 3/16/19 at 3:39am

Donna Marie will get her 20 years. 

https://54below.com/events/donna-marie-asbury/

prior to broadway she was on tour as Velma. 

random but Donna’s one of the very few that have played Roxie, Velma and Mama on Broadway. 

Patti LuPone FANatic said: "ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "In terms of currently-running shows, Lewis Cleale has been in MORMON almost consistently since day 1, with the exception of some vacations and an injury.

Donna Marie Astbury has also been in CHICAGO about 20 years, but she’s not an original cast member
"

Donna Marie Asbury started with the show around 1999. I think she toured before then. Hopefully, she'll get her 20 years at the Ambassador. Among the men of Chicago, Jason Patrick Sands has been with the show since after his run as "Don" in "A Chorus Line"...almost 11 years. Surprisingly, he's leaving the show at the end of March.
"

Tom5
#30Longest Original Cast Members?
Posted: 3/16/19 at 7:45am

A good variation to this question might be who was the Biggest Star that stayed with a production the longest?

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#31Longest Original Cast Members?
Posted: 3/16/19 at 9:35am

Streisand was in FUNNY GIRL for a little over 2 years: out-of-town tryouts, Broadway and a few months in London.  

Sutton Foster did more than 2 years in THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE if you combine pre-Broadway LaJolla and Broadway.   

bowtie7
#32Longest Original Cast Members?
Posted: 3/16/19 at 10:09am

Tom5 said: "A good variation to this question might be who was the Biggest Star that stayed with a production the longest?"

I know that productions played much shorter runs than today, but didn't Ethel Merman perform the full runs of all the roles she originated on Broadway including a very long run in Annie Get Your Gun.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#33Longest Original Cast Members?
Posted: 3/16/19 at 10:26am

I think Dear Evan Hansen has the longest running cast...

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#34Longest Original Cast Members?
Posted: 3/16/19 at 11:02am

It gets into murky territory to count pre- or post-Broadway productions... like Courtney Reid was attached to Aladdin since 2011 (though she didn't sign a Bway contract in '11), but the 2011 production was a few weeks at the 5th Ave, and there was a 2+ year hiatus before the Toronto production, and probably a little break between that and Broadway. It wasn't like she was consistently doing 8 shows a week for 6 years.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#35Longest Original Cast Members?
Posted: 3/16/19 at 11:16am

SomethingPeculiar said: "It gets into murky territory to count pre- or post-Broadway productions... like Courtney Reid wasattachedto Aladdin since 2011 (though she didn't sign a Bway contract in '11), butthe 2011 production was a few weeks at the 5th Ave, and there wasa 2+ year hiatus before the Toronto production, and probably a little break between that and Broadway. It wasn't like she was consistently doing 8 shows a week for 6 years."

This also applies to Marlene Daniele and her 18 year run in the original Broadway production of CATS.  In those years there were extended breaks (I believe some lasted a few years) and long vacations.  It wasn’t like she did 8 performances a week for 18 years straight.  

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#36Longest Original Cast Members?
Posted: 3/16/19 at 11:40am

And then there is THIS GUY.  Can you even imagine!?

SomethingPeculiar
#37Longest Original Cast Members?
Posted: 3/16/19 at 11:41am

Angie Schworer gave it some Zazz in The Producers for the full length of its Bway run, in various companies. Per IBDB: 
- Chicago tryout as ensemble (February 1-25, 2001)
- Bway as ensemble (Mar 21, 2001 - Jul 21, 2002)
- 1st National as Ulla (Sep 10, 2002 - Nov 02, 2003)
- Broadway as Ulla (Nov 04, 2003 - Apr 22, 2007)

I don't think she was the only one to stay with the show for nearly the whole run.

SomethingPeculiar
#38Longest Original Cast Members?
Posted: 3/16/19 at 11:49am

Tag said: "And then there is THIS GUY. Can you even imagine!?"

There's also Catherine Russell, who has been in A Perfect Crime Off-Broadway for 30 years and 12,000+ performances, and has only missed 4 shows in that time!! AND she runs the Snapple Theatre Center.

http://www.playbill.com/article/the-only-woman-in-new-york-theatre-who-fixes-the-boiler-takes-your-ticket-and-then-hops-onstage

getupngo Profile Photo
getupngo
#39Longest Original Cast Members?
Posted: 3/16/19 at 4:54pm

I'm sure Mandy Gonzalez holds some record as Angelica? lol

SweetLips22 Profile Photo
SweetLips22
#40Longest Original Cast Members?
Posted: 3/16/19 at 5:26pm

The censoring on this board has become ridiculous and overly sensitive and without humour.

starcatchers Profile Photo
starcatchers
#41Longest Original Cast Members?
Posted: 3/16/19 at 5:44pm

https://www.theatermania.com/video/iand39m-still-here-tales-of-broadway-longevity-beautifuland39s-supporting-players-_1610.html

The three remaining original cast members in Beautiful.

the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234

NoName3 Profile Photo
NoName3
#42Longest Original Cast Members?
Posted: 3/17/19 at 2:13am

. Updated On: 3/17/19 at 02:13 AM

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#43Longest Original Cast Members?
Posted: 3/17/19 at 11:27pm

SomethingPeculiar said: "Angie Schworer gave it some Zazz inThe Producersfor the full length of its Bway run, in various companies. Per IBDB:
- Chicago tryout as ensemble (February 1-25, 2001)
- Bway as ensemble (Mar 21, 2001 - Jul 21, 2002)
- 1st National as Ulla (Sep 10, 2002 - Nov 02, 2003)
- Broadway as Ulla (Nov 04, 2003 - Apr 22, 2007)

I don't think she was the only one to stay with the show for nearly the whole run.
"

I LOVED her in "The Prom"!!

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)