SING STREET @ NYTW

Ledaero Profile Photo
Ledaero
#175SING STREET @ NYTW
Posted: 1/7/20 at 9:44am

http://broadwayjournal.com/sing-street-likely-to-open-at-the-lyceum-in-april/

This pulp article just got coverage in Broadway Briefing this morning. Anyone have thoughts onto whether the gossip like this makes a Broadway push more likely?

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#176SING STREET @ NYTW
Posted: 1/7/20 at 10:49am

Ledaero said: "Anyone have thoughts onto whether the gossip like this makes a Broadway push more likely?"

Anyone with a blog can read the same rumors on here and turn it into an article for clicks. No reason to think it any more or less likely as a result.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#177SING STREET @ NYTW
Posted: 1/7/20 at 11:14am

A transfer is happening. Perfs start at the end of March at the Lyceum. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Ledaero Profile Photo
Ledaero
#178SING STREET @ NYTW
Posted: 1/7/20 at 11:21am

Anyone with a blog can read the same rumors on here and turn it into an article for clicks. No reason to think it any more or less likely as a result."

Agreed, but I'm asking if people think news outlets like Broadway Briefing publishing these gossip articles pushes the momentum forward.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#179SING STREET @ NYTW
Posted: 1/7/20 at 11:53am

Looking forward to the official announcement...

trpguyy
#180SING STREET @ NYTW
Posted: 1/7/20 at 1:20pm

Ledaero said: "
Anyone with a blog can read the same rumors on here and turn it into an article for clicks. No reason to think it any more or less likely as a result."

Agreed, but I'm asking if people think news outlets like Broadway Briefingpublishingthese gossip articles pushes the momentum forward.
"

Are you asking if blog posts would convince the producers to pursue a Broadway run? They already committed to the Lyceum months ago. 

SouthernCakes
#181SING STREET @ NYTW
Posted: 1/7/20 at 3:06pm

At this point it doesn’t seem to give them much time to promote the transfer and get advanced tickets going, no? Much like when Lightening Thief announced.

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#182SING STREET @ NYTW
Posted: 1/8/20 at 12:05am

The show is officially transferring to the Lyceum. Previews March 26, opening set for April 19.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Breaking-SING-STREET-Will-Transfer-to-Broadways-Lyceum-Theatre-This-Spring-20200108

Updated On: 1/8/20 at 12:05 AM

bekk99 Profile Photo
bekk99
#183SING STREET @ NYTW
Posted: 1/9/20 at 3:20pm

I believe this was a theatrical first for me last night.

Maybe 30-40 minutes into Act 1. There is a scene with the family in the kitchen. Conor grabbed an old fashioned glass milk jug, then it looked like someone lightly bumped into him, and he dropped it. It shattered, with a thick milky substance and glass spraying out on the stage. The actors played it off, and I assumed it was intentional. Then I thought to myself, that's a lot of glass. The stage manager quickly came on the mic to call the actors offstage and the crew on to clean up.

As we were all watching, it didn't seem like they were able to 100% get everything up with the tools they had. I'm pretty sure I saw one of the crew react to cutting themselves on the glass. The stage manager then called a 15 minute intermission to fully address the situation, which they did. I was hoping that this would take the place of the scheduled intermission, but that 15 minutes occurred as well.

nycW44
#184SING STREET @ NYTW
Posted: 2/6/20 at 8:28pm

I saw the 2nd preview of Sing Street at NYTW and have a question regarding a possible new character put in later during previews. When I saw the show there was no character listed in the program as Declan played by Anthony Genovesi. Now I see this character listed on the Broadway webpage. Was this character ever put in the program at NYTW and if someone wouldnt mind describing the character to me. Thanks! 

JPeterman Profile Photo
JPeterman
#185SING STREET @ NYTW
Posted: 2/6/20 at 9:38pm

I saw the show in previews in early January - he was in the show - he is the band’s drummer but he didn’t say a single word during the show ... which came across oddly.

SouthernCakes
#186SING STREET @ NYTW
Posted: 2/6/20 at 11:24pm

Anyone else seen the new video marquee in person and find it off? There seems to be a bit of text under the Title but you can’t read it. Just looks messy to me.

gibsons2
#187SING STREET @ NYTW
Posted: 2/6/20 at 11:53pm

SouthernCakes said: "Anyone else seen the new video marquee in person and find it off? There seems to be a bit of text under the Title but you can’t read it. Just looks messy to me. "

I went to take a video of the marquee yesterday. Looks fine to me. It actually looks great after dark. It says "a new musical" under the title. 

SouthernCakes
#188SING STREET @ NYTW
Posted: 2/7/20 at 12:12am

When I saw it 2 days ago you couldn’t see the “a new musical” part. But could tell there was writing. But it was during the day, so maybe it’s a glare?

nycW44
#189SING STREET @ NYTW
Posted: 2/7/20 at 12:18am

JPeterman said: "I saw the show in previews in early January - he was in the show - he is the band’s drummer but he didn’t say a single word during the show ... which came across oddly."

Thanks for the info! I wonder if they wanted to put a drummer in the band but they hadn't actually prepare any dialogue for this role. Interesting to see if it gets expanded on broadway, does seem odd if he never speaks.

CarmenA3 Profile Photo
CarmenA3
#190SING STREET @ NYTW
Posted: 2/7/20 at 12:45am

nycW44 said: "JPeterman said: "I saw the show in previews in early January - he was in the show - he is the band’s drummer but he didn’t say a single word during the show ... which came across oddly."

Thanks for the info! I wonder if they wanted to put a drummer in the band but they hadn't actually prepare any dialogue for this role. Interesting to see if it gets expanded on broadway, does seem odd if he never speaks.
"

And in the NYTW program, they actually don’t list him with the cast. He’s listed as Drummer in the BAND (their capitalization) section.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#191SING STREET @ NYTW
Posted: 2/7/20 at 10:52am

I really enjoyed this at NYTW the two times I saw it. I was fortunate enough to be able to be close to the stage each time and really felt the energy of the performance. I'm worried about this show getting lost in a traditional broadway theater....

With that being said, I still haven't booked tickets for the broadway run. I've been to the Lyceum once or twice and am not really familiar with the seating. Any suggestions for seating?

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#192SING STREET @ NYTW
Posted: 2/7/20 at 11:18am

I sat in the first row of the mezzanine for A Christmas Carol and really liked the view. I don't remember the leg room being terrible. But I'm boycotting the Lyceum because of the horrendously inadequate women's room situation.

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#193SING STREET @ NYTW
Posted: 4/21/20 at 12:59am

The Sing Street Original Broadway Cast Album became available digitally today!

Spotify link

It sounds amazing. Cannot wait to see this again on Broadway when the time comes, and I'm sure in regional/community theaters for a long time.

Updated On: 4/21/20 at 12:59 AM

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#194SING STREET @ NYTW
Posted: 4/21/20 at 7:48am

It’s disappointing they did not include the licensed music, particularly the various versions of “Rio.”

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#195SING STREET @ NYTW
Posted: 4/21/20 at 8:41am

The album sounds fantastic. What a beautiful group of songs. I can't wait to see this on broadway. We absolutely loved the NYTW production...

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#196SING STREET @ NYTW
Posted: 4/21/20 at 9:14am

Kad said: "It’s disappointing they did not include the licensed music, particularly the various versions of “Rio.”"

I was wondering why the album is so short. That explains it.

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#197SING STREET @ NYTW
Posted: 4/21/20 at 11:15am

Kad said: "It’s disappointing they did not include the licensed music, particularly the various versions of “Rio.”"

I agree. Especially because the version of "Rio" that Raphina sings feels very much like number created for the musical, in the way that it's arranged, and in the way that it blends in other songs. Seems a shame to have that sort of thing missing from the album. 

However, it's worth mentioning that they did include 1 of the licensed songs - "Just Can't Get Enough" by Depeche Mode, the opening number 

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#198SING STREET @ NYTW
Posted: 4/21/20 at 11:33am

Ah, right.

I thought that “Rio” number was the most successful part of the show- and one of the only times it really leaned into being musical theatre, with songs arising out of specific character moments rather than just being because the characters are in a band- so it’s disappointing it’s not recorded.