pixeltracker

Alexandra Waterbury Instagram Post- Page 4

Alexandra Waterbury Instagram Post

Luminaire2 Profile Photo
Luminaire2
#75Alexandra Waterbury Instagram Post
Posted: 12/13/19 at 8:18pm

Everyone’s all supportive of victims coming forward and “Me Too” when it doesn’t involve the industry they love/ are involved in. Suddenly everyone’s turning a blind eye.

Oi.

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#76Alexandra Waterbury Instagram Post
Posted: 12/13/19 at 8:27pm

Actually no. The men who were taken down by #metoo had a pattern of repeated behavior. In almost all the cases, the real stories behind the men were even more grisly than what the press reported. Placido Domingo, Harvey Weinstein, Bill O'Reilly, Les Moonves, Matt Lauer, James Levine, Bill Cosby, Jeffrey Epstein. They repeatedly abused people with impunity. 

I can tell you for a fact that Domingo's dismissal from the Met was after many years of complaints from people in the business. Those complaints were not heard until they finally were heard.

If Amar Ramasar had a repeated history of inappropriate behaviors (like Chase Finlay did) this would be a very different conversation. He would not have been reinstated by the AGMA. 

If this happens again then yes, Amar should never work again. But right now I just think his behavior falls on "extremely inappropriate bad judgment" and hopefully his texting Chase Finlay was the first and last occurrence.

trpguyy
#77Alexandra Waterbury Instagram Post
Posted: 12/13/19 at 8:55pm

ModernMillie3 said: "However, going through counseling just to get your job back doesn't necessarily mean he learned a thing except how to be more careful. That frat boy mentality doesn't leave men like him. He's on his best good boy behavior at this new job though!”

Isn’t his behavior the only thing that matters though? Surely you’re not suggesting that we should judge people based on what we think they’re thinking.

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#78Alexandra Waterbury Instagram Post
Posted: 12/13/19 at 9:03pm

ModernMillie3 said: "Impossible2 said: "How about the general public realising that if they are stupid enough to allow someone to take nude pictures of them or are willing to send nude pictures of themselves to other people this stuff is going to happen..."

Victim blaming. Adorable. But.....nope. You have absolutely no clue what actually happened in this case. Nothing at all. Then again, your're another man inserting himself in a conversation even though you know zero about what actually happened.

XX
"

I haven't inserted myself in this conversation.
Largely because it's true I have no idea what happened.

What is the best place to learn what did happen?
Is there an informative article about this somewhere?
Is there a court case with available documents?

Highland Guy Profile Photo
Highland Guy
#79Alexandra Waterbury Instagram Post
Posted: 12/13/19 at 9:07pm

pinoyidol2006 said: "Highland Guy said: "So "mortified and humiliated" that she has taken to social media to talk about it? So "mortified and humiliated" that she traveled cross-country to talk about it at a Forum?"

Waterbury should be allowed to tell her story and express the pain she felt from what happened to her. Let's not make silence be the standard for who was and wasn't humiliated in this situation.
"

I stand by my response.  

Non sibi sed patriae

pinoyidol2006 Profile Photo
pinoyidol2006
#80Alexandra Waterbury Instagram Post
Posted: 12/13/19 at 9:59pm

LuPita2 said: "You clearly know him, are friends with him, or are affiliated with the company. He has caused a lot of pain and has never apologized. He has made people uncomfortable. He has made a young women mortified and humiliated."

I'm not affiliated with him or the company. I am a ballet fan though, and there has been extensive discussion of this case in the BalletAlert forums. The mods over there are also quite strict about assertions of fact being supported with publicly available information from reputable sources instead of rumors or conjecture. Because of the discussions I've read over there, I've been able to familiarize myself more with the facts of the case.

Skimming through the dozens of articles written about this scandal, one could be forgiven for thinking that Ramasar was preying on different women in the ballet company to share in a photo sharing ring headed by Finlay. The truth of the matter is that there is only one woman (his girlfriend) whose pictures he sent, and based on publicly available information, it still remains unclear whether he had obtained her consent prior to doing so.

I like your imperturbable perspicacity.

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#81Alexandra Waterbury Instagram Post
Posted: 12/13/19 at 10:05pm

Highland Guy said: "pinoyidol2006 said: "Highland Guy said: "So "mortified and humiliated" that she has taken to social media to talk about it? So "mortified and humiliated" that she traveled cross-country to talk about it at a Forum?"

Waterbury should be allowed to tell her story and express the pain she felt from what happened to her. Let's not make silence be the standard for who was and wasn't humiliated in this situation.
"

You are disgusting.

I stand by my response.

"

ModernMillie3 Profile Photo
ModernMillie3
#82Alexandra Waterbury Instagram Post
Posted: 12/14/19 at 12:59am

The disgusting men in this thread (only a few thankfully) are just wanting a reaction, trying to offend women, and clearly do not know or have relationships with any women in their life. Because if a woman wants to tell her truth to other victims, and it will help her heal, questioning or judging them simply shows how threatened and insecure they are. Yes, disgusting indeed, poisonivy. Never stop speaking out against these misogynists ladies, they are so threatened by strong women, it's actually disturbing. The only thing you can do with trolling behavior is ignore them which is why that feature is a beautiful thing. They simply don't matter. 

henrikegerman,.

Yes, there are several court documents and articles.  I have read the entire complaint, it's a long read but very informative. Thank you for being one of the good ones. Appreciate you!

Article 1

Article 2

Article 3

Complaint

Highland Guy Profile Photo
Highland Guy
#83Alexandra Waterbury Instagram Post
Posted: 12/14/19 at 1:18am

ModernMillie3 said: "The disgusting men in this thread (only a few thankfully) are just wanting a reaction, trying to offend women, and clearly do not know or have relationships with any women in their life. Because if a woman wants to tell her truth to other victims, and it will help her heal, questioning or judging them simply shows how threatened and insecure they are. Yes, disgusting indeed, poisonivy.Neverstop speaking out against these misogynists ladies, they are so threatened by strong women, it's actually disturbing. The only thing you can do with trolling behavior is ignore them which is why that feature is a beautiful thing. They simply don't matter.

henrikegerman,.

Yes, there are several court documents and articles.I have read the entire complaint, it's a long read but very informative. Thank you for being one of the good ones. Appreciate you!

Article 1

Article 2

Article 3

Complaint

"

Yet another tedious misanderous post.  

Non sibi sed patriae

Luminaire2 Profile Photo
Luminaire2
#84Alexandra Waterbury Instagram Post
Posted: 12/14/19 at 7:07pm

In less than a day they passed 500 signatures, and growing on this petition to have Ramasar removed from the show.

https://www.change.org/p/west-side-story-broadway-get-amar-ramasar-off-the-stage?recruiter=627151295&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition

Hearing protests may be happening at the stage door.

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#85Alexandra Waterbury Instagram Post
Posted: 12/14/19 at 7:14pm

So honest question about change.org: Are these petitions submitted to anyone, or what is the result of them?    How do they affect "change"?  Is it just an awareness thing?

Luminaire2 Profile Photo
Luminaire2
#86Alexandra Waterbury Instagram Post
Posted: 12/14/19 at 7:15pm

Tag said: "So honest question about change.org: Are these petitions submitted to anyone, or what is the result of them? How do they affect "change"? Is it just an awareness thing?"

Never known myself. I assume organizer can submit it to someone to review/see. Likely more a statement piece. 

trpguyy
#87Alexandra Waterbury Instagram Post
Posted: 12/14/19 at 7:35pm

Ms. Waterbury really should be careful about what she says and promotes online. Promoting factual inaccuracies and encouraging her social media followers to do the same could seriously backfire in court.

Islander_fan
#88Alexandra Waterbury Instagram Post
Posted: 12/14/19 at 9:39pm

trpguyy said: "Ms. Waterbury really should be careful about what she says and promotes online. Promoting factual inaccuracies and encouraging her social media followers to do the same could seriously backfire in court."

While I very much agree with everything you said, be careful. After all, Millie might call you out for “silencing the victim.”

bk
#89Alexandra Waterbury Instagram Post
Posted: 12/14/19 at 9:50pm

Tag said: "So honest question about change.org: Are these petitions submitted to anyone, or what is the result of them? How do they affect "change"? Is it just an awareness thing?"

Completely meaningless but good for clicks and shares and for gathering information about people.

magictodo123
#90Alexandra Waterbury Instagram Post
Posted: 12/18/19 at 9:01am

bk said: "Tag said: "So honest question about change.org: Are these petitions submitted to anyone, or what is the result of them? How do they affect "change"? Is it just an awareness thing?"

Completely meaningless but good for clicks and shares and for gathering information about people.
"

I have yet to see one of these Actually change something. However, there are cases where social media outcry HAS made a difference, like Great Comet casting. When that whole mess happened, it did make a difference. 

Also--didn't Isaac Powell speak out about this show and then delete his Twitter account? I feel like he said SOMETHING about the show, received a lot of backlash and then deleted his account. 

Mike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
#91Alexandra Waterbury Instagram Post
Posted: 12/18/19 at 9:35am

Impossible2 said: "How about the general public realising that if they are stupid enough to allow someone to take nude pictures of them or are willing to sendnude pictures of themselves to other people this stuff is going to happen..."

Catching up on this thread, I want to reiterate that while I am not 100% familiar with Amar's case and not commenting on that case specifically, THIS, is indeed, victim blaming. This is getting very close to saying "If ___ didn't dress so beautiful, put on all her makeup, and be around horny guys all night she wouldn't have a problem." Or, "Well, that black person went to an all white school, did they really not expect a problem with at least somebody?" Or, "Anyone engaging in sexual activity should expect SOMETHING to go wrong, if not they're idiots". 

What an an absolutely shameful post, Impossible2. You really need to apologize. Disturbing, quite frankly. 

Luminaire2 Profile Photo
Luminaire2
#92Alexandra Waterbury Instagram Post
Posted: 12/18/19 at 10:48am

Mike Barrett said: "Impossible2 said: "How about the general public realising that if they are stupid enough to allow someone to take nude pictures of them or are willing to sendnude pictures of themselves to other people this stuff is going to happen..."

Catching up on this thread, I want to reiterate that while I am not 100%familiar with Amar's case and not commenting on that case specifically, THIS, is indeed, victim blaming. This is getting very close to saying "If ___ didn't dress so beautiful, put on all her makeup, and be around horny guys all night she wouldn't have a problem." Or, "Well, that black person went to an all white school, did they really not expect a problem with at least somebody?" Or, "Anyone engaging in sexual activity should expect SOMETHING to go wrong, if not they're idiots".

What an an absolutely shameful post, Impossible2. You really need to apologize. Disturbing, quite frankly.
"

You deserve a standing ovation! This this this ^^^.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#93Alexandra Waterbury Instagram Post
Posted: 12/18/19 at 11:07am

They just make people feel like they are doing something, as near as I can tell... 

Impossible2
#94Alexandra Waterbury Instagram Post
Posted: 12/18/19 at 11:50am

Mike Barrett said: "Impossible2 said: "How about the general public realising that if they are stupid enough to allow someone to take nude pictures of them or are willing to sendnude pictures of themselves to other people this stuff is going to happen..."

Catching up on this thread, I want to reiterate that while I am not 100%familiar with Amar's case and not commenting on that case specifically, THIS, is indeed, victim blaming. This is getting very close to saying "If ___ didn't dress so beautiful, put on all her makeup, and be around horny guys all night she wouldn't have a problem." Or, "Well, that black person went to an all white school, did they really not expect a problem with at least somebody?" Or, "Anyone engaging in sexual activity should expect SOMETHING to go wrong, if not they're idiots".

"

Its absolutely nothing like any of those things, but keep trying...

JSquared2
#95Alexandra Waterbury Instagram Post
Posted: 12/18/19 at 12:18pm

Impossible2 said: "Mike Barrett said: "Impossible2 said: "How about the general public realising that if they are stupid enough to allow someone to take nude pictures of them or are willing to sendnude pictures of themselves to other people this stuff is going to happen..."

"

"

Thank you, Impossible2!

JSquared2
#96Alexandra Waterbury Instagram Post
Posted: 12/18/19 at 12:20pm

"

Mike Barrett, you are being ridiculous.  Maybe try becoming "familiar" with the actual facts before spouting off uninformed nonsense?

Impossible2
#97Alexandra Waterbury Instagram Post
Posted: 12/18/19 at 12:36pm

JSquared2 said: "Impossible2 said: "Mike Barrett said: "Impossible2 said: "How about the general public realising that if they are stupid enough to allow someone to take nude pictures of them or are willing to sendnude pictures of themselves to other people this stuff is going to happen..."

"

"

Thank you, Impossible2!
"

Seriously, we seem to have a whole generation of people who have no common sense what so ever and then turn around and blame others when they make a mistake and it backfires. If you don't want to get hit by a car, don't step out in front of a car. If you don't want to get an STI, don't have unsafe sex. If you don't want nude pictures of yourself shared amongst weirdos, don't allow nude photos of yourself to be taken and don't take any of yourself and share them.

This is not rocket science.

I will also state my post was not gender specific, this applies to anyone who does it...ANYONE! 

Does it make me not think this guy is a creep, no, I think he's a creep and I do think what he did was wrong, as I have stated a million times before. But he didn't commit a crime, as it was not done out of malice and has also apologised and hopefully learned his lesson.

It is also very clear he was in the company of a predator and did not realise and was inadvertantly draw into his games.  The only thing he is guilty of is trying to impress the wrong crowd and being an idiot...frankly pretty much the same thing as the girl who allowed the photo to be taken. They were both trying to impress a douchebag to 'fit in'!

If you are going to entrust your dignity to others, then you are just asking for trouble. Does it make it right no, but you do have to take some responsibility in the situation. If this had happened to me I'd have thought 'well I won't do that again', had nothing to do with the person again and that would've been the end of it.

Mike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
#98Alexandra Waterbury Instagram Post
Posted: 12/18/19 at 12:40pm

JSquared2 said: "Mike Barrett said: "Impossible2 said: "How about the general public realising that if they are stupid enough to allow someone to take nude pictures of them or are willing to sendnude pictures of themselves to other people this stuff is going to happen..."

"

Mike Barrett, you are being ridiculous. Maybe try becoming "familiar" with the actual facts before spouting off uninformed nonsense?
"

Nothing is uninformed, because I am only discussing Impossible's comment that anyone who takes and shares a nude photo should be expected to have that shared with anyone and everyone, without their consent, and if they don't expect that their idiots. 

THAT, is complete nonsense. If you actually read my post, or perhaps you need to learn to read more carefully, I specially stated I am not referring to the Amar case and am indeed unfamiliar with it. That has nothing to do with Impossible's comments. Their disgusting and victim shaming. Sorry you are unable to understand the concept that expecting anyone who shares a photo of themselves should be subject to this behavior is purely disgusting and vile. Honestly, both of you should be truly ashamed of yourselves. Utterly pathetic that you defend this man. Speaks to your core and who you really are. 

Impossible2
#99Alexandra Waterbury Instagram Post
Posted: 12/18/19 at 12:47pm

If you share nude pictures with someone there is a very good chance they are being shared with others, it's as simple as that.

You don't think a group of women sitting around a table having drinks and flicking through Tinder aren't sharing any dick pics they receive with their friends...really? Same thing with a group of men.

Anyone who doesn't think so is deluded and needs a reality check.