SIX - Preview Thread

starcatchers Profile Photo
starcatchers
#475SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 12/9/21 at 11:58pm

Jordan Levinson said: "If I do end up seeing this one in the future, do any of you recommend bringing earplugs? I typically do so for pop concerts; they are much louder than the average Broadway show.
I was walking by the Brooks a few days ago after I picked up myDianatickets; a performance had just started and I could hear the show as clear as day from right outside the theatre.

"

If it's any consolation, I can say with 99% certainty that unless there was a random door open, you were hearing the cast recording. It plays on a constant (and I do mean CONSTANT) loop outside. I didn't find it to be louder than any other show (I found Jagged Little Pill to be considerably louder), but I'm also a musician and may be a little less sensitive to the noise level in that setting. 

the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#476SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 12/10/21 at 12:02am

starcatchers said: "Jordan Levinson said: "If I do end up seeing this one in the future, do any of you recommend bringing earplugs? I typically do so for pop concerts; they are much louder than the average Broadway show.
I was walking by the Brooks a few days ago after I picked up myDianatickets; a performance had just started and I could hear the show as clear as day from right outside the theatre.

"

If it's any consolation, I can say with 99% certainty that unless there was a random door open, you were hearing the cast recording. It plays on a constant (and I do mean CONSTANT) loop outside. I didn't find it to be louder than any other show (I found Jagged Little Pill to be considerably louder), but I'm also a musician and may be a little less sensitive to the noise level in that setting.
"

It was freezing cold so I stopped inside the Brooks box office for a few minutes to warm up a bit. It was there I could hear the beginning of the actual show.

Oh look, a bibu!

KathyNYC2
#477SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 12/10/21 at 12:58am

starcatchers said: "Jordan Levinson said: "If I do end up seeing this one in the future, do any of you recommend bringing earplugs? I typically do so for pop concerts; they are much louder than the average Broadway show.

"

"

Yes certainly the cast album. Plays all day and night. Singers we hear are def NOT the ones that are performing on stage. After almost 4 years of listening to Waitress day and night in the same situation, it’s certainly a change. So no you can’t hear the actual NY actresses singing outside. 

ilysespieces
#478SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 12/10/21 at 12:37pm

everythingtaboo said: "Saw the show last night, blind to it except for the hype, and I really enjoyed it! Nicole Kyoung-Mi Lambert was on for Catherine of Aragon, always gotta shout out a great alternate, especially when the rest of the cast is so phenomenal.

I'll be honest, at times in the beginning it felt like it was Altar Boyz when it came to the structure and the book scenes, and occasionally I wondered how that show would fare if it came to Broadway. And if they could dare charge those absurd $499 prices...

I'll admit I find the opening number to be the weakest number, but once they go into the solo numbers, I was impressed by the wordplay and the variety of styles. And again, that talent and energy was so strong, they could channel it and light up the block! And on a Monday, to boot!

The crowd was enthusiastic but rarely obnoxiously so, overall it was a fun night.
"

You may have provided the key to why I loved Six as much as I did. I was obsessed with Altar Boyz in high school, friends and I went multiple times to see it because we all loved it so much.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#479SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 12/10/21 at 6:55pm

I know a few folks who have seen the show who said they had some trouble understanding lyrics between diction issues, sound system issues and fan reactions. Is it best to go into this show knowing the cast recording and the songs? 

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#480SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 12/10/21 at 7:00pm

I’d say it certainly wouldn’t hurt since there’s no plot surprises to be spoiled by listening ahead of time. It’s basically a pop concert. 

windowwaving
#481SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 12/10/21 at 9:38pm

I went to the show knowing absolutely nothing about it (pre-pandemic) and tried my best to listen carefully to the lyrics, but had a hard time understanding it. After listening to the original cast recording, I realized I missed a lot of the word play and cleverness in the songs. It didn't take anything away from the show, I still had one of the most energizing experiences I've ever had in a theater. 

I think this may be one of the few shows where listening to the recording won't hurt and may even elevate your experience. It's also fun to hear how each queen changes their song up. 

broadfan327
#482SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 1/2/22 at 4:55pm

KathyNYC2 said: "starcatchers said: "Jordan Levinson said: "If I do end up seeing this one in the future, do any of you recommend bringing earplugs? I typically do so for pop concerts; they are much louder than the average Broadway show.

"

"

Yes certainly the cast album. Plays all day and night. Singers we hear are def NOT the ones that are performing on stage. After almost 4 years of listening to Waitress day and night in the same situation, it’s certainly a change. So no you can’t hear the actual NY actresses singing outside.
"

I saw the show this afternoon, I put my AirPods in my ears almost immediately, it is a loud show.  My ears are very sensitive to loud noises...  

angoradebs
#483SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 1/28/22 at 4:33pm

Has anyone had this problem getting a refund for Six?

I have a ticket for 6pm Sunday, which means my deadline to request a refund is 6pm today/Friday. There was no refund button on my order page. I went through the sixonbroadway.com FAQ. It said refunds will not be declined for any reason up to 48 hours before. To request a refund, it had a link to broadwaydirect. That link reiterated the 48 hours, sent me to another page to request a refund. When I selected I had purchased through ticketmaster it said I had to request a refund from them using the contact link on my ticketmaster order page. I did so, this morning. They responded that they are denying the refund because my deadline was Jan 27.

I've replied that the policy very clearly states 48 hours before advertised curtain time, even copy/pasted from Broadway Direct. Did anyone else have to jump through hoops to get their refund?

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#484SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 1/28/22 at 5:42pm

Any reports on who will be in the tour cast? I’m sure it already cast or close to it.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

MadsonMelo
#485SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 4/5/22 at 12:38am

Well, I saw this show “born” back in 2018, I was very into West End (had just been in London), so I had to wait so much to finally see it live. I know every song, its such a catchy score.

The atmosphere in the Brooks-Atkinson is just insane, you can feel the sold-out crowd wanting to get on their feet. Its amazing, the cast was great (everyone was on apart from Hicks) and amazes me how everytime I listened the soundtrack I had a “this is my favorite” until the Next one starts haha

The lightning is divine, the book is cute, the score is the star here. Also, its a very good show direction-wise.

I have to say, I hope Brittney Mack gets a Tony nom, she was a 11 among those fabulous 10s tonight, a riot!

BwayinVan
#486SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 4/16/22 at 12:48pm

I had tickets for Six for April 2020 and well we all now how that ended. I’m now planning my return to NY in Sept and this is high on my list. Does anybody know when they will likely release they’re next block of tickets? Right now they only have tickets till early September and I am going late Sept. I fear that they will be released after Tony noms are out and they will Jack up the prices…