pixeltracker

Victory Gardens' FUN HOME will stream online for two weeks

Victory Gardens' FUN HOME will stream online for two weeks

phantom39 Profile Photo
phantom39
#1Victory Gardens' FUN HOME will stream online for two weeks
Posted: 4/15/20 at 7:13am

Well, this one's not from the UK. Will be streaming for two weeks on their official site, production from 2017.

http://filmedonstage.com/news/112-best-musical-winner-fun-home-will-stream-online-for-a-limited-time

"Movies will make you famous; television will make you rich; but theatre will make you good." - Terrence Mann.

jonah3500
#2Victory Gardens' FUN HOME will stream online for two weeks
Posted: 4/15/20 at 9:42am

Is anybody else having trouble accessing it? If you were able to, please send the link.

phantom39 Profile Photo
phantom39
#3Victory Gardens' FUN HOME will stream online for two weeks
Posted: 4/15/20 at 9:44am

I don't believe it is available yet, the notice is up on VG's homepage

"Movies will make you famous; television will make you rich; but theatre will make you good." - Terrence Mann.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#4Victory Gardens' FUN HOME will stream online for two weeks
Posted: 4/15/20 at 10:01am

There's more detail on their instagram post:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B--5aJaJwBn/

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

TheSassySam Profile Photo
TheSassySam
#5Victory Gardens' FUN HOME will stream online for two weeks
Posted: 4/15/20 at 10:06am

Saw this production and adored it! 

LizzieCurry
#6Victory Gardens' FUN HOME will stream online for two weeks
Posted: 4/15/20 at 10:30am

I was planning to see Fun Home in both Washington DC and Melbourne this year, so I'm happy this stream is happening!

Alex Kulak2
#7Victory Gardens' FUN HOME will stream online for two weeks
Posted: 4/15/20 at 11:08am

Small Allison in this production is played by my high school drama teacher's daughter! Excited to finally see this.

BJR Profile Photo
BJR
#8Victory Gardens' FUN HOME will stream online for two weeks
Posted: 4/15/20 at 11:47am

Was this production similar to Gold's, or a new interpretation?

JeaniusIsMe Profile Photo
JeaniusIsMe
#9Victory Gardens' FUN HOME will stream online for two weeks
Posted: 4/15/20 at 12:44pm

BJR said: "Was this production similar to Gold's, or a new interpretation?"

It was similar to the tour staging, if I recall correctly. But it was a great production - Middle Allison in particular was great.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#10Victory Gardens' FUN HOME will stream online for two weeks
Posted: 4/18/20 at 1:39pm

Any word on timeline for this?

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

njf1003
#11Victory Gardens' FUN HOME will stream online for two weeks
Posted: 4/18/20 at 1:57pm

Valentina3 said: "Any word on timeline for this?"

A response on instagram says "More details to come soon, but the expected date is May 12-24!"

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#12Victory Gardens' FUN HOME will stream online for two weeks
Posted: 4/19/20 at 9:58am

LizzieCurry said: "I was planning to see Fun Home in both Washington DC and Melbourne this year, so I'm happy this stream is happening!"

Lizzie, you have most likely dodged a bullet by missing Fun Home in Melbourne , Dean Bryant direction on Kiss Of The Spiderwoman last year was beyond awful. I was looking forward to Fun Home but not helmed by him. 

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

phantom39 Profile Photo
phantom39
#13Victory Gardens' FUN HOME will stream online for two weeks
Posted: 4/19/20 at 12:25pm

Confirmed for May 12th-24th, tickets going on sale this Friday. Wonder what the price will be for this

http://filmedonstage.com/news/112-best-musical-winner-fun-home-announces-online-streaming-dates!

LizzieCurry
#14Victory Gardens' FUN HOME will stream online for two weeks
Posted: 4/19/20 at 3:22pm

Thanks (?), Roscoe! I had been planning to combine the trip with The Secret Garden. I actually misspoke and meant Sydney, not Melbourne, since I wouldn't have been able to overlap them in Melbourne. (I'm also surprised TSG hasn't been officially postponed.)

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#15Victory Gardens' FUN HOME will stream online for two weeks
Posted: 4/20/20 at 2:18am

BJR said: "Was this production similar to Gold's, or a new interpretation?"

Quite similar, particularly to the original proscenium staging. 

Owen22
#16Victory Gardens' FUN HOME will stream online for two weeks
Posted: 4/21/20 at 9:54am

rosscoe(au) said: "LizzieCurry said: "I was planning to see Fun Home in both Washington DC and Melbourne this year, so I'm happy this stream is happening!"

Lizzie, you have most likely dodged a bullet by missing Fun Home in Melbourne , Dean Bryant direction on Kiss Of The Spiderwoman last year was beyond awful. I was looking forward to Fun Home but not helmed by him.
"

I wouldn't say Bryant's direction was beyond awful.  The usually wonderful Caroline O'Connor was miscast and the direction was competent but oh-so-dull. That kind of exaggeration sorta lets him off the hook.. But Australia has a lack of good directors I've found (though I also DID see a brilliant Beauty Queen of Lenanne on that trip as well). When I saw he was debuting Fun Home in Melbourne I did cry a little.

I'm so used to seeing revivals of American musicals in London with innovative directors.

gibsons2
#17Victory Gardens' FUN HOME will stream online for two weeks
Posted: 4/24/20 at 12:31pm

Does anyone know the access code to the tickets? I've registered on the website but not able to book a ticket because I was requested to put in a promo code. Is the streaming available only for subscribers or members?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#18Victory Gardens' FUN HOME will stream online for two weeks
Posted: 4/24/20 at 2:26pm

That page is weird....scroll down below it...it will keep asking for different info (each with a submit/next buttom) which then LOOKS like you are stuck on the same page....but you just need to scroll down.

It's kind of annoying, but I got through pretty quickly.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

gibsons2
#19Victory Gardens' FUN HOME will stream online for two weeks
Posted: 4/24/20 at 3:32pm

dramamama611 said: "That page is weird....scroll down below it...it will keep asking for different info (each with a submit/next buttom) which then LOOKS like you are stuck on the same page....but you just need to scroll down.
It's kind of annoying, but I got through pretty quickly.
"

Thanks! Turned out my issue was the time difference between Chicago and NYC :) I logged in to book a ticket an hour too early.