Jordan Catalano
#125RuPaul’s Drag Race - Season 13
Posted: 1/29/21 at 9:36pm

RuPaul’s Drag Race - Season 13

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#126RuPaul’s Drag Race - Season 13
Posted: 1/29/21 at 10:14pm

This episode was really fun and I loved the fact that Gottmik won, well deserved. Also, random messy Untucked is when it's a riot to watch I was laughing my butt off.

ArtMan
#127RuPaul’s Drag Race - Season 13
Posted: 1/29/21 at 10:23pm

Thought Untucked was the best thing about tonight.  Worst critique ever, was to tell someone like Tamisha Iman, who has been in the game forever, that she is not blending correctly.  Then to tell her, to ask the younger queens  for assistance.  She handled it quite well.  I would have been mortified.  Question for you girls in the know, why do queens and women, who have on a long straight wig or extension,  constantly pull down on it?  Joey Jay, was constantly doing it tonight.  And on the Real Housewives of Orange County reunion, Wednesday night,  Braunwyn, was constantly pulling her hand through her long hair extension.   Does doing that, keep it in place?  Realllly curious.

Updated On: 1/30/21 at 10:23 PM

ArtMan
#128RuPaul’s Drag Race - Season 13
Posted: 1/29/21 at 10:23pm

double

Updated On: 1/29/21 at 10:23 PM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#129RuPaul’s Drag Race - Season 13
Posted: 1/29/21 at 10:37pm

Kandy is just awful. She’s not on the awful level that’s going to prevent me from ever watching this season again like Silky was but she’s really bad. I just can’t stand that attitude.

ArtMan
#130RuPaul’s Drag Race - Season 13
Posted: 1/29/21 at 10:40pm

As was stated earlier in this thread, she's one of those, who loves to dish it out, yet can't take it, when the script is flipped.

Updated On: 1/29/21 at 10:40 PM

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#131RuPaul’s Drag Race - Season 13
Posted: 1/30/21 at 8:27am

LaLa Ri’s outfit (if you can call it that) was the WORST. RUNWAY. I’VE EVER. SEEN. What in the world was she doing with all that time?? My god. She’s lucky she pulled it out on the lip sync, but just barely, because Joey was no slouch.

I probably would’ve given the win to Utica over Gottmik. Gottmik’s looks we’re polished and obviously gorgeous, but I wasn’t getting a lot of variety or anything terribly complex. It’s almost how I felt about Aquaria winning her ball in just two pieces of cardboard over her chest and crotch, and a train. Though Gottmik obviously put more work into the final look than Aquaria did. Utica just showed so much skill and vision in that final sleeping bag look, and I thought the other two were equally campy and fashion.

That Untucked was... messy. I don’t think Tamisha’s adding “there’s a couple of you I don’t like” to a question about who the judges thought were top and bottom, but it deffffffinitely didn’t warrant Kandy’s popping off so severely. She really can’t take the heat when it’s turned on her. And the girls were right to point out she’s arrogant. It may not bug everyone to the same degree, but to deny she is, is just being delusional.

Updated On: 1/30/21 at 08:27 AM

Roscoe
#132RuPaul’s Drag Race - Season 13
Posted: 1/30/21 at 2:08pm

For Kandy Muse's cheesy looks not to have placed her squarely in the bottom two this week is only further proof that this show is f*cking RIGGED from the start.  And irony of ironies, we got to watch Kandy school Joey about her taste-level -- dear God.

She's got to go.  What has Kandy got on RuPaul?

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#133RuPaul’s Drag Race - Season 13
Posted: 1/30/21 at 2:20pm

Jordan Catalano said: "Kandy is just awful. She’s not on the awful level that’s going to prevent me from ever watching this season again like Silky was but she’s really bad. I just can’t stand that attitude."

Watching the episode and especially Untucked for me Kandy is pretty close to reaching the level of Silky. If Kandy lasts long I think she will surpass Silky as my least favorite queen. 

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

ArtMan
#134RuPaul’s Drag Race - Season 13
Posted: 1/30/21 at 2:36pm

<Its not a wig... Its her hair. She couldn't get her hair dyed due to the lockdown and has since opted to keep the gray streak. People seem to not grasp that she's 52...>

Michelle's grey/white/silver streak seems to change in location, texture, curl,  color,  width and length, each episode.  There is NO way that is her hair that wasn't dyed due to the lockdown.  Those are wigs!!!

Jordan Catalano
#135RuPaul’s Drag Race - Season 13
Posted: 1/30/21 at 3:16pm

Kandy's messy looks mixed with her Vanjie-esque loud/abrasive voice and her acting like "I'm a cute wittle school girl" when in drag, she reminds me of (and just hear me out on this one) Baby Herman from "Roger Rabbit". 

Updated On: 1/30/21 at 03:16 PM

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#136RuPaul’s Drag Race - Season 13
Posted: 1/30/21 at 3:22pm

Kudos to Kandy and Tamisha for delivering one of the best Untucked episodes in recent memory. I was living.

ArtMan
#137RuPaul’s Drag Race - Season 13
Posted: 1/30/21 at 3:33pm

Jordan Catalano said: "Kandy's messy looks mixed with her Vanjie-esque loud/abrasive voice and her acting like "I'm a cute wittle school girl" when in drag, she reminds me of (and just hear me out on this one) Baby Herman from "Roger Rabbit"."

All she needs is the cigar.

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#138RuPaul’s Drag Race - Season 13
Posted: 1/30/21 at 8:06pm

Jordan Catalano said: "Kandy's messy looks mixed with her Vanjie-esque loud/abrasive voice and her acting like "I'm a cute wittle school girl" when in drag, she reminds me of (and just hear me out on this one) Baby Herman from "Roger Rabbit"."

Omg, the accuracy of this!!! I 100% see exactly what you're talking about!

Darreyl with an L!

Jordan Catalano
#139RuPaul’s Drag Race - Season 13
Posted: 1/30/21 at 10:18pm

Ha! Good!!!!

SouthernCakes
#140RuPaul’s Drag Race - Season 13
Posted: 1/31/21 at 9:44am

I mean y’all can **** on her all you want but who are we all talking about...Kandy. They’ll keep her around. She’s good tv. Love her or hate her, that untucked was damn good reality tv.

Now, miss La La. no ma’am. It baffles my mind that she wouldn’t cut up the bags at least? Like she legit just glued them on. She didn’t make a pattern or anything. Meanwhile Utica is making this gorgeous sleeping bag look.

I agree Utica had the better look, but Gotmik sold her outfits. I think if Utica had stomped the runway like a fashion model instead of doing the quirky thing, it might have swayed the judges more. But she still got high praise.

Jordan Catalano
#141RuPaul’s Drag Race - Season 13
Posted: 1/31/21 at 11:13am

That’s the thing though - I don’t think it IS “good tv”. It’s annoying TV and just hurts the franchise.

And LaLa should have been eliminated without a lipsync. Just...no. That level of unpreparedness is something I don’t think I’ve ever seen in the show before.

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#142RuPaul’s Drag Race - Season 13
Posted: 1/31/21 at 12:00pm

Jordan Catalano said: "That’s the thing though - I don’t think it IS “good tv”. It’s annoying TV and just hurts the franchise.

And LaLa should have been eliminated without a lipsync. Just...no. That level of unpreparedness is something I don’t think I’ve ever seen in the show before.
"

How does it hurt the franchise in any way possible? It's a reality show on VH1... and the reason UNTUCKED was created in the first place.

Updated On: 1/31/21 at 12:00 PM

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#143RuPaul’s Drag Race - Season 13
Posted: 1/31/21 at 12:21pm

It might have been somewhat entertaining for one episode, but I'm already tired of her. I don't want to see an obnoxious argumentative queen week after week, especially one who has little chance of winning. All I've seen so far is that her talents are extremely limited, and her level of self-awareness is way too low to be a great drag queen. It's not surprising that she was in a family with Aja and Dahlia Sin, 2 other queens who thought that just being "sickening" would get them far. I think Aja did some growing up after her original season, but I'd be surprised if Kandy finds any humility anytime soon.

Jordan Catalano
#144RuPaul’s Drag Race - Season 13
Posted: 1/31/21 at 12:31pm

How does it hurt? Because every season now we have one loud AF delusional, combative Queen who stays around far past their expiration date and makes the show hard to watch. It’s TV so my opinion (and yours) are all subjective. But UK is proof that you don’t need that to make “good tv” and I don’t understand why it’s not required here in the states each season.

SouthernCakes
#145RuPaul’s Drag Race - Season 13
Posted: 1/31/21 at 1:19pm

I see your point and would agree, but I am being very entertained. I hope Tanisha and Kandy are put in a team together or something.

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#146RuPaul’s Drag Race - Season 13
Posted: 1/31/21 at 2:32pm

Either way, I think Jordan's problem is with the producers. It's a TV SHOW.

Calling Kandy all these names is not the tea.

Jordan Catalano
#147RuPaul’s Drag Race - Season 13
Posted: 1/31/21 at 2:32pm

Oh of course they will be. That or the obvious “lipsync battle of the season” between them.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#148RuPaul’s Drag Race - Season 13
Posted: 2/1/21 at 12:01pm

If only...

RuPaul’s Drag Race - Season 13

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#149RuPaul’s Drag Race - Season 13
Posted: 2/1/21 at 11:03pm

ArtMan said: "There is NO way that is her hair that wasn't dyed due to the lockdown. Those are wigs!!!"

I'm fairly certain it's actually her hair. There may be some extensions in there for certain styles, but the bulk of it is her actual hair.