COVID vaccinations

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#100COVID vaccinations
Posted: 3/21/21 at 10:01am

Glad to hear it went well for you, Mr. Roxy.

If this isn't appropriate to post here, I will gladly remove it. But, everyone, please take the vaccine and covid seriously. Please do not listen to any conspiracy theories about it not being safe or covid being fake. One of my coworkers died from it on Friday. I know they did qualify for it because of medical issues and age. But, they chose to listen to the evil people who got us this far into the pandemic and would post lies on Facebook. Absolutely their death is sad, but I can't stop thinking about what they believed. And definitely, I will get vaccinated the first chance I can get.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#101COVID vaccinations
Posted: 3/21/21 at 12:37pm

Hope you are successful. See if your doctor can be of help. Ours got us in

Poster Emeritus

FindingNamo
#102COVID vaccinations
Posted: 3/21/21 at 5:58pm

This year has been mostly horrible but I love Roxy's last post. Everything seems sensible, and well-handled. It was a long slog to get here. Science adapts and improves itself and our lives.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#103COVID vaccinations
Posted: 3/22/21 at 12:53am

I received my second Moderna dose on Friday. My only side effects were a sore arm (which felt no worse than the first time) and a bit of a cold. Much better/more manageable than how I thought it would be. 

Science really is incredible, as Namo just stated. I really hope some of my worst fears can start easing in a couple of weeks. 

Oh look, a bibu!

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#104COVID vaccinations
Posted: 3/29/21 at 4:07pm

Now that Walgreens, Rite Aid, and CVS are doing them just keep looking.  I have registered with my local hospital TWICE since the beginning of February (and I have 2 high risk conditions) and have not received any word.  I happened to go on Walgreens website on Friday and found an appointment for the next day and got my first Pfizer dose with my second one schedule for April 24th.  Keep trying, y'all. 

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2
Updated On: 3/29/21 at 04:07 PM

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#105COVID vaccinations
Posted: 3/29/21 at 4:36pm

Just announced today that adults 30+ will be eligible for vaccination in New York State starting tomorrow at 8 AM. 

All adults (16+) in NY are eligible on April 6.

Oh look, a bibu!

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#106COVID vaccinations
Posted: 3/31/21 at 10:01am

I am excited. After failing to get some appointments & checking constantly since Sunday, I finally got 1 for tomorrow. And I'm happy because it's very close to where I live. No having to travel to the end of the earth for it. Not sure which 1 it is. I forgot to look or wasn't told.

And my mom got her 2nd phizer shot on Monday. She complained of being cold on Monday & feeling blah & tired yesterday. But, I know this has been common.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#107COVID vaccinations
Posted: 3/31/21 at 2:55pm

I got my second Pfizer last week and had an extreme reaction, so just know that while thankfully rare, it can happen. If I didn’t know what was happening, I would have gone to the hospital. It was just the one night that it was that bad and then over the course of the next two days it decreased until I was fine. I had been taking the Tylenol also and it was still that intense a reaction so not sure if it helped from it being even worse or not. But honestly, I just kept thinking that night how grateful I was to have gotten the shot and my going through that means I can have hopefully have a life again.

ArtMan
#108COVID vaccinations
Posted: 3/31/21 at 3:50pm

I get my second one tomorrow.  As bad as the reactions are it is a sign that the vaccine is working with your immune system.  I don't want to be ill tomorrow and the next, but if I am, I know it is working.  If no reactions, it may tell me I have some undiagnosed issues with my immune system or worse... got a expired or bad vaccine.

Jordan Catalano
#109COVID vaccinations
Posted: 3/31/21 at 4:11pm

I would just urge people to clear their schedules the day following #2, just in case.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#110COVID vaccinations
Posted: 3/31/21 at 4:12pm

Just give the world Love.
Updated On: 4/1/21 at 04:12 PM

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#111COVID vaccinations
Posted: 3/31/21 at 8:10pm

We both had mild cases last March. We self quarantined. We both just got 2nd Pfizer Slept for a few hours,after it and that was it .

Poster Emeritus

ArtMan
#112COVID vaccinations
Posted: 3/31/21 at 8:55pm

Don't know if these chains are in your area....but Staples and Office Depot will laminate your vaccine card for free.  Staples till the end of the week.  Office Depot, at this time, on going.  Am doing it tomorrow, so it will fit into my wallet.

Jordan Catalano
#113COVID vaccinations
Posted: 3/31/21 at 8:57pm

I’ve read not to laminate your card in case they need to add booster shot info to it.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#114COVID vaccinations
Posted: 3/31/21 at 9:13pm

Jordan Catalano said: "I’ve read not to laminate your card in case they need to add booster shot info to it. "

Ask them to copy it.   Then laminate it.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

ArtMan
#115COVID vaccinations
Posted: 3/31/21 at 10:15pm

Jordan and Dame....you've both brought up interesting points about the lamination that I didn't consider.  I did a search on it and found there were more negatives than positives about lamination.  I decided I wasn't going to do it.   Interesting thing, I read, is the CDC says look to the White House for answers.  The White House says look to CDC.

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#116COVID vaccinations
Posted: 3/31/21 at 10:18pm

Good news guys and gals we'll be back at the theater soon.

Stephanatic

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#117COVID vaccinations
Posted: 3/31/21 at 11:05pm

Just give the world Love.
Updated On: 4/1/21 at 11:05 PM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#118COVID vaccinations
Posted: 4/1/21 at 10:29am

Finally eligible. Just waiting to get an appointment somewhere that's not over an hour drive.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Jordan Catalano
#119COVID vaccinations
Posted: 4/1/21 at 11:25am

I’m hearing from more and more people who have just gone to pharmacies at the end of the day and gotten theirs.

FindingNamo
#120COVID vaccinations
Posted: 4/1/21 at 1:21pm

I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY PERSONALIZED VACCINE PASSPORT BECAUSE IT UPSETS QAnonnie-nonnies AND Gleen Greenwald AND dr Naomi Wolf!  

For people who have had both injections, are your microchips working yet? What are your superpowers (if any)?

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#121COVID vaccinations
Posted: 4/1/21 at 2:29pm

I'm disappointed, I was hoping to have wings or a tail. Oh well, maybe on April 22nd.

I got the pfizer shot. It's only the 1st, but nothing bad yet.

MichelleCraig Profile Photo
MichelleCraig
#122COVID vaccinations
Posted: 4/1/21 at 3:45pm

I got the Johnson & Johnson yesterday morning. No side effects today...

As my shot was the one-and-done vaccine, I took a picture of my CDC card and it's in my iPhone. For the people getting the second shot, take pictures of the front and back of your card after you've received your second dose.

I'll get my card laminated, too...but a photo stored in your mobile phone is another way of preserving it.

Alex Kulak2
#123COVID vaccinations
Posted: 4/2/21 at 10:23am

I got my first dose of Moderna a week and a half ago (essential worker in Illinois). Other than my arm being sore for a couple days, I felt fine.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#124COVID vaccinations
Posted: 4/2/21 at 10:41am

Getting my first shot on Monday!!

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.