pixeltracker

The Public Announces '21-22 Season

The Public Announces '21-22 Season

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#2The Public Announces '21-22 Season
Posted: 8/12/21 at 1:59pm

I think “The Visitor” completes my list for my fall trip.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#3The Public Announces '21-22 Season
Posted: 8/12/21 at 1:59pm

Oh my God, I cannot wait to see The Visitor

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#4The Public Announces '21-22 Season
Posted: 8/12/21 at 2:22pm

Excited for THE VISITOR and SUFS and maybe FAT HAM (a gay riff on Hamlet). I think I'll pass on the others until reviews come out.

gibsons2
#5The Public Announces '21-22 Season
Posted: 8/12/21 at 2:42pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Excited for THE VISITOR and SUFS and maybe FAT HAM (a gay riff on Hamlet). I think I'll pass on the others until reviews come out."

These exact same productions are on my list too. Getting my supporter tix for The Visitor next week!

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#6The Public Announces '21-22 Season
Posted: 8/12/21 at 2:56pm

FYI, since I had seats before the shutdown, they sent me a code to buy tickets today for The Visitor. Check your emal.

Updated On: 8/12/21 at 02:56 PM

Broadway61004
#7The Public Announces '21-22 Season
Posted: 8/12/21 at 3:04pm

Wow, busy Fall for Tom Kitt, premiering two new musicals a month apart.  I guess this explains why Flying Over Sunset isn't starting performances until mid-November.

VintageSnarker
#8The Public Announces '21-22 Season
Posted: 8/12/21 at 3:05pm

THE CHINESE LADY seems a bit... expected. But I'm intrigued by OUT OF TIME. I'm hoping for the best from SUFFS but we'll see how "women working against and across generational, racial, and class divides" actually pans out.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#9The Public Announces '21-22 Season
Posted: 8/12/21 at 3:31pm

I know this seems premature but for those who understand how the public typically works pre-pandemic is there likely to be an extension of The Visitor and if so for how long?

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#10The Public Announces '21-22 Season
Posted: 8/12/21 at 3:41pm

binau said: "I know this seems premature but for those who understand how the public typically works pre-pandemic is there likely to be an extension of The Visitor and if so for how long?"

Yes, it's quite common for the Public to extend their popular productions. How long, though, is tough to say. Some extend for 1 week, others extend for months. Assuming the show isn't totally panned, there will likely be reasonably high demand for it. So I would guess they'll extend for at least a few weeks to a month. Maybe more, but we also don't know yet what's scheduled to go into the Newman after The Visitor. They'll probably have a winter/spring show in that theatre, so it can't extend that long. 

binau Profile Photo
binau
#11The Public Announces '21-22 Season
Posted: 8/12/21 at 4:14pm

Ok thanks :)

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

PlayItAgain
#12The Public Announces '21-22 Season
Posted: 8/12/21 at 6:26pm

Cullud Wattah should be on peoples lists just fyi (won the Blackburn prize this year)

Sutton Ross
#13The Public Announces '21-22 Season
Posted: 8/30/21 at 5:58pm

For those interested, The Visitor is one hour and 45 minutes with no intermission. 

LexiGirl Profile Photo
LexiGirl
#14The Public Announces '21-22 Season
Posted: 8/30/21 at 10:52pm

Sutton Ross said: "For those interested, The Visitor is one hour and 45 minutes with no intermission."

Thank you for this! I looked for that info when booking a matinee and couldn’t find it. I was trying to figure out how much time I would have between it and my evening show. This will help me make better plans!

Sutton Ross
#15The Public Announces '21-22 Season
Posted: 8/30/21 at 11:04pm

You're so welcome, doll!