pixeltracker

JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread- Page 2

JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#25JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread
Posted: 10/21/21 at 9:39pm

"Yeah. So strange that nobody’s protesting a show that has absolutely nothing in it worth protesting" 

Lolzzzzzzz

Updated On: 10/21/21 at 09:39 PM

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#26JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread
Posted: 10/21/21 at 9:58pm

Heidi was incredible. I'm a huge fan of Elizabeth but Heidi killed it for her first show and will only get more incredible. Lauren continues to blow the roof off and is so deserving of her Tony.

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#27JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread
Posted: 10/21/21 at 10:02pm

ellbellthomps said: "rpvee2 said: "I was at the invited dress rehearsal tonight, which went off pretty much without a hitch. Heidi is stellar. A bit more sarcasm/sassiness then Elizabeth’s MJ, but still perfectly powerful and emotional at the right times with a stellar voice. The rest of the new cast members were also incredible and will only get even better, and needless to say, the returning cast members were spectacular.

Welcome back JLP! Can’t wait for tomorrow’s grand reopening!
"

Curious, do they still have Jo use they/them pronouns? I was wondering if after the backlash & tony win they'd cater the role to Lauren.
"

The character never used they/them pronouns. The identity of the character wasn't labelled out of town, and was made unequivocally cis for Broadway. I doubt they've changed that. 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#28JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread
Posted: 10/21/21 at 10:09pm

The Instagram also went live again for curtain call, but I missed it this time. I'm sure better-quality videos will be up on YouTube in a matter of minutes. 

Oh look, a bibu!

Sutton Ross
#29JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread
Posted: 10/21/21 at 10:23pm

steven22 said: "Heidi was incredible. I'm a huge fan of Elizabeth but Heidi killed it for her first show and will only get more incredible. Lauren continues to blow the roof off and is so deserving of her Tony. "

Lauren is so talented it's stupid. Glad you had fun! 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#30JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread
Posted: 10/21/21 at 10:38pm

Jordan Levinson said: "The Instagram also went live again for curtain call, but I missed it this time. I'm sure better-quality videos will be up on YouTube in a matter of minutes."

I'll be searching for both.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

rpvee2
#31JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread
Posted: 10/21/21 at 10:44pm

Sutton Ross said: "Jordan Levinson said: "ACL2006 said: "There's someone posting on Twitter and it looks like roughly 20 people outside the theater protesting."

And how big was the protest for opening night of the newestWest Side Storyrevival?
"

110-120 people with the news covering it. It was an excellent night of protest for us on a now closed forever show.
"

Yeah… no. I was there around 6:30 at peak entry time and there were 20 people across the street, if not less, just standing there with their signs. Nowhere near even 30, let alone over 100. lol. And the show isn’t closing.

Anyway, another spectacular night of spectacular performances. Last night at the dress rehearsal, during the standing ovation for You Oughta Know, Lauren let out these intense cathartic screams that really released all the emotion everyone had been feeling over the past countless months. No screams tonight, but still plenty of emotion and energy between the cast and the crowd. So glad this musical is back!

Updated On: 10/21/21 at 10:44 PM

gigi1234
#32JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread
Posted: 10/21/21 at 10:54pm

rpvee2 said: "Sutton Ross said: "Jordan Levinson said: "ACL2006 said: "There's someone posting on Twitter and it looks like roughly 20 people outside the theater protesting."

And how big was the protest for opening night of the newestWest Side Storyrevival?
"

110-120 people with the news covering it. It was an excellent night of protest for us on a now closed forever show.
"

Yeah… no. I was there around 6:30 at peak entry time and there were 20 people across the street, if not less, just standing there with their signs. Nowhere near even 30, let alone over 100. lol. And the show isn’t closing.

Anyway, another spectacular night of spectacular performances. Last night at the dress rehearsal, during the standing ovation for You Oughta Know, Lauren let out these intense cathartic screams that really released all the emotion everyone had been feeling over the past countless months. No screams tonight, but still plenty of emotion and energy between the cast and the crowd. So glad this musical is back!

"

i believe they were referencing west side story had 100 people protesting and then that show ended up closing. not JLP! i wonder if the protestors will be back tomorrow, i’ll be there tomorrow night so i’m curious.

do you think it was a big deterrent to people entering the show or no one cared? it’s hard to tell the impact from social posts

sassylash3s
#33JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread
Posted: 10/21/21 at 11:33pm

If protest signs are a deterrent to anyone, they probably wouldn't like Jagged Little Pill anyway.

Sutton Ross
#34JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread
Posted: 10/22/21 at 12:14am

rpvee2 stated:

"Yeah… no. I was there around 6:30 at peak entry time and there were 20 people across the street, if not less, just standing there with their signs. Nowhere near even 30, let alone over 100. lol. And the show isn’t closing."

Reading comprehension and simply reading is a really important thing on a message board. That conversation was clearly about the opening night of West Side Story. It was a direct answer to a question. Make sure you know what you're referring to before posting. Perhaps editing your post even further is wise. Thanks so much.

Oh, and in case you were not aware:

It

Really

Did

Close

Updated On: 10/22/21 at 12:14 AM

Chowd95 Profile Photo
Chowd95
#35JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread
Posted: 10/22/21 at 12:37am

I like that they did a selfie with the whole opening night audience just like they did at the first preview in November '19. This show has gotten a lot of hate for various reasons but as a fan of her music I personally enjoy it.

Chowd95 Profile Photo
Chowd95
#36JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread

I like that they did a selfie with the whole opening night audience just like they did at the first preview in November '19. This show has gotten a lot of hate for various reasons but as a fan of her music I personally enjoy it.

Chowd95 Profile Photo
Chowd95
#37JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#38JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread
Posted: 10/22/21 at 12:41am

Kathryn Gallagher (back in the cast as rape survivor Bella Fox) delivered a post-show speech before the selfie was taken... yes, it was just like 2019's first preview all over again. 

Oh look, a bibu!
Updated On: 10/22/21 at 12:41 AM

rpvee2
#39JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread
Posted: 10/22/21 at 1:59am

Sutton Ross said: "rpvee2 stated:

"Yeah… no. I was there around 6:30 at peak entry time and there were 20 people across the street, if not less, just standing there with their signs. Nowhere near even 30, let alone over 100. lol. And the show isn’t closing."

Reading comprehension and simply reading is a really important thing on a message board. That conversation was clearly about the opening night of West Side Story. It was a direct answer to a question. Make sure you know what you're referring to before posting. Perhaps editing your post even further is wise. Thanks so much.

It

Really

Did

Close
"

Sorry, thought you were talking about JLP.

soulmistin Profile Photo
soulmistin
#40JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread
Posted: 10/22/21 at 2:32am

Chowd95 said: "I like that they did a selfie with the whole opening night audience just like they did at the first preview in November '19. This show has gotten a lot of hate for various reasons but as a fan of her music I personally enjoy it."

Not to be that person, but drawing a clear line at intense workplace abuse isn’t hate. I have zero particular feelings or thoughts about the show itself, but personally would never support it with the current people in power because of their inexcusable actions.

Updated On: 10/22/21 at 02:32 AM

BoringBoredBoard40
#41JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread
Posted: 10/22/21 at 2:35am

Sutton Ross said: "It was an excellent night of protest for us on a now closed forever show."

lolz 

Zion24
#42JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread
Posted: 10/22/21 at 2:46am

i feel sorry for anyone standing outside protesting Jagged Little Pill; either you know what they're all angry about and you don't care as you walk on into the theater, or you more likely have no idea why people are yelling at you from across the street, but your ticket is already paid for, so you shrug and go on into the theater. showing up at the theater itself when audiences arrive moves whatever ball they think needs to be moved not at all. 

then again, there are apparently those who protested WSS and think, years later, they had anything to do with closing the show, so, i guess everyone is living in their own world.

WestEndGal
#43JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread
Posted: 10/22/21 at 5:04am

JDonaghy4 said: "i feel sorry for anyone standing outside protesting Jagged Little Pill; either you know what they're all angry about and you don't care as you walk on into the theater, or you more likely have no idea why people are yelling at you from across the street, but your ticket is already paid for, so you shrug and go on into the theater."

I don’t think it’s right to say people know and “don’t care” if they go see the show. Whilst I think the large majority of people actually seeing the show have zero clue about the controversies, I think there are those who  do know but may feel that issues have been addressed or are being addressed (ie. with the ongoing independent reviews). Re. the treatment/casting of Jo, JLP released their statement on this, and there’ll be some who accept that and some who won’t. 

nasty_khakis
#44JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread
Posted: 10/22/21 at 2:44pm

Apologies if it's been discussed but is there a set schedule for when Heidi is going on? I believe she's there until "sometime in Nov" and would love to guarantee seeing her. I saw Elizabeth and loved her so it's not a question of "you'll see a great performer either way" I just want to see Heidi's take vs just seeing the show again. 

bwayoutdoors
#45JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread
Posted: 10/22/21 at 9:45pm

Heidi is magnificent as MJ and really a must see. Elizabeth has said she is returning in November but has not set a date yet. After she sets a date, perhaps they’ll release a schedule of what the alternating will look like?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#46JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread
Posted: 10/22/21 at 10:00pm

It'll apparently be a 4/4 split when Stanley returns. No word on a set schedule.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#47JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread
Posted: 10/22/21 at 10:18pm

Sutton Ross said: "rpvee2 stated:

It

Really

Did

Close
"

Yes, it did close. No, it did not close because of the protest. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#48JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread
Posted: 10/22/21 at 10:25pm

Anyone thinking this show will close due to few a dozen people protesting on opening night needs to check themselves. It's not happening.

Sutton Ross
#49JAGGED LITTLE PILL reopening night thread
Posted: 10/22/21 at 10:50pm

Sorry, thought you were talking about JLP.

It's alright, this cast is not problematic, it was the higher ups that people have an issue with. I would support it fully because the talent is insane and her music is iconic. It was a shame to lose some of the best voices in that cast though. I hope it's really successful and recoups. Truly. 

Videos