pixeltracker

Company Reviews (and beyond)- Page 11

Company Reviews (and beyond)

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#250Company reviews
Posted: 1/16/22 at 1:59pm

They must do an album! The lyrics have changed a bit and they’re the last official Sondheim offering. Company reviews and the cast is so phenomenal.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#251Company reviews
Posted: 1/16/22 at 2:02pm

I am honestly shocked that a cast album for this production is even a question... it's a top notch Broadway revival with a really strong cast.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#252Company reviews
Posted: 1/16/22 at 2:25pm

There are also several changes/enhancements to the orchestrations, and the performances are stronger on Broadway. We need it! 

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#253Company reviews
Posted: 1/16/22 at 2:29pm

I also have to say that while I think Matt Doyle will take the Tony, Christopher Fitzgerald is also giving a fantastic performance and is worthy of a Tony himself.

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#254Company reviews
Posted: 1/16/22 at 5:38pm

TotallyEffed said: "I also have to say that while I think Matt Doyle will take the Tony, Christopher Fitzgerald is also giving a fantastic performance and is worthy of a Tony himself."

Obviously, Katrina and especially Patti have been getting all the press for this show, but they really assembled a stellar cast. They're all wonderful performers!

hollebolle
#255Company reviews
Posted: 1/16/22 at 6:51pm

I was also there last night and the energy in the audience rivaled Six’s second show back, Diana’s closing night and Music Man’s first preview, which is wild to me. My friend and I did something we never do and bought TKTS tickets for today (the audience was notably a little more subdued for a Sunday matinee).

This production made me feel so many things, and I honestly can’t think of anything negative to say. We were also surprised to see that not a single understudy was on for either show.

yyys
#256Company reviews
Posted: 1/16/22 at 8:37pm

Patti was in that Bobbi/Andy bedroom scene today...she did a fake piss.....wow!

hollebolle
#257Company reviews
Posted: 1/16/22 at 9:31pm

yyys said: "Patti was in that Bobbi/Andy bedroom scene today...she did a fake piss.....wow!"

Is she not normally in that? I think she was in it yesterday, too. With so much happening on stage and being in the rear mezz I didn’t catch that it was her at the time, but it made sense based on the laughs she got.  

I did think it was especially funny after the whole “my toilet can confirm” thing. 

yyys
#258Company reviews
Posted: 1/16/22 at 9:53pm

I was also at the Dec 27th show and don't remember her in that scene. 

hollebolle said: "yyys said: "Patti was in that Bobbi/Andy bedroom scene today...she did a fake piss.....wow!"

Is she not normally in that? I think she was in it yesterday, too. With so much happening on stage and being in the rear mezz I didn’t catch that it was her at the time, but it made sense based on the laughs she got.

I did think it was especially funny after the whole “my toilet can confirm” thing.
"

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#259Company reviews
Posted: 1/16/22 at 10:26pm

I was at the January 5th matinee and she did this. There’s a lot happening in that scene and the bathroom is far stage right so I do think it’d be relatively easy to miss, especially depending on where you’re sitting. My friend and I were sitting third row center orchestra, last two seats on the end of the row next to the house right aisle. I caught a Patti on the toilet, bit I’m pretty sure my friend didn’t. 

ashley0139
#260Company reviews
Posted: 1/16/22 at 10:48pm

She’s been in that scene the whole time…or at least since December 3rd when I saw it the first time. We were far house left so it was right in front of us. 

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#261Company reviews
Posted: 1/16/22 at 11:54pm

Patti's been in Tick Tock since the first preview of 2020. She was not in the London staging of it. You could definitely miss her in the bathroom depending on where you're sitting. 

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#262Company reviews
Posted: 1/17/22 at 7:34pm

Per his IG stories today, Matt Doyle is out of the show for “a short period of time” due to a knee infection. He shared a pic and it looks beyond painful. Wishing him a quick recovery. 

BCfitasafiddle
#263Company reviews
Posted: 1/17/22 at 7:48pm

Who's going on for Jamie now?

ashley0139
#264Company reviews
Posted: 1/17/22 at 7:58pm

Miles2Go2 said: "Per his IG stories today, Matt Doyle is out of the show for “a short period of time” due to a knee infection. He shared a pic and it looks beyond painful. Wishing him a quick recovery."

Wow, he was in yesterday and I didn't notice anything. Best wishes to him on a quick recovery.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

yyys
#265Company reviews
Posted: 1/17/22 at 8:01pm

I must've missed it the first time. Last night i was in orch J. 

ljay889 said: "Patti's been in Tick Tock since the first preview of 2020. She was not in the London staging of it. You could definitely miss her in the bathroom depending on where you're sitting."

MemorableUserName
#266Company reviews
Posted: 1/17/22 at 9:11pm

BCfitasafiddle said: "Who's going on for Jamie now?"

Javier Ignacio and Heath Saunders are the understudies. Saunders did the put-in on 14th (and posted a pic on Twitter) for what it's worth:

https://twitter.com/feeltheheath/status/1482159364605718528

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#267Company reviews
Posted: 1/17/22 at 11:11pm

Saw the show for my birthday last Thursday, first row center, and totally loved every minute of it. I had tickets for it March 2020, and I do wonder if maybe it was good the actors and creators had the benefit of time to revisit, because every moment just seemed so rich and full, every note and any movement pitch-perfect. As a fan of Matt Doyle, I was excited to see, and a force of nature doesn't even describe those five minutes or so, and it's certainly his Tony to lose. Patti was remarkable, as always, but I just love how game she want to play as part of the ensemble. And again, totally her Tony to lose. Katrina, except for a couple of screechy notes in Being Alive, she was a perfect Bobbie, and made it seem like it should've been a female character from the start. Funny, sexy, neurotic, fully fleshed out, she was like New York City personified. The orchestrations, the physical production, the ensemble, just perfection. 

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#268Company reviews
Posted: 1/18/22 at 11:27am

Javier posted he's on all week as Jaime.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

MemorableUserName
#269Company reviews
Posted: 1/18/22 at 11:27am

Javier Ignacio posted on his IG stories he'll be on as Jamie.

eta: too slow.

Updated On: 1/18/22 at 11:27 AM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#270Company reviews
Posted: 1/18/22 at 11:42am

FYI, Jeff Kready also covers Jaime. He understudies Jamie, David, Paul & Andy.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

herewegoabc
#271Company reviews
Posted: 1/18/22 at 5:13pm

TodayTix has some $21 (plus fees) for some weekday dates in February. 

dshnookie Profile Photo
dshnookie
#272Company reviews
Posted: 1/18/22 at 8:43pm

Can someone please enlighten my dumb ass and explain this Larry lyric to me? Or rearrange it as he intended to sing it? -

Good things get better, bad get worse
Wait, I think I meant that in reverse

Please and thank you!!

benfox2 Profile Photo
benfox2
#273Company reviews
Posted: 1/18/22 at 8:51pm

dshnookie said: "Can someone please enlighten my dumb ass and explain this Larry lyric to me? Or rearrange it as he intended to sing it? -

Good things get better, bad get worse
Wait, I think I meant that in reverse

Please and thank you!!
"

I always read it as him explaining the 'realities of marriage'. Life will always move along. Good things will eventually turn sour, and bad things will in turn eventually become good. Basically him just saying that it's ever-changing, and not black and white.

dshnookie Profile Photo
dshnookie
#274Company reviews
Posted: 1/18/22 at 9:04pm

Thank you so much!