pixeltracker

2022-2023 Touring Season- Page 10

2022-2023 Touring Season

William12
#2252022-2023 Touring Season
Posted: 6/8/22 at 1:36am

It looks like the Mirvish season got leaked. Assuming it's true, Toronto is getting

THE SHARK IS BROKEN

MEAN GIRLS

FISHERMAN'S FRIENDS: THE MUSICAL

PRESSURE

HAMILTON

HADESTOWN

Then, the 3 Off-Mirvish shows seem to be INDECENT, THINGS I KNOW TO BE TRUE, and AS YOU LIKE IT, OR THE LAND ACKNOWLEDGMENT

I suppose we'll see if it is true, but I'm personally mixed on this season. They have some really out of left field shows lined up for next season, but I am excited for Mean Girls and Hadestown. The Shark is Broken could also be good. I'm curious about Hamilton apparently being on the subscription season again, but with no clear end date listed.

https://www.thestar.com/entertainment/stage/2022/06/08/mirvish-raises-the-curtain-on-new-theatre-lineup-for-toronto-including-tina-feys-mean-girls-and-hamilton.html

Updated On: 6/8/22 at 01:36 AM

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#2262022-2023 Touring Season
Posted: 6/8/22 at 8:31am

Weird that Jagged Little Pill isn't in the subscription series. I'm still going to subscribe, but now we play the game of what show gets cancelled, and replaced.

The Shark is Broken and Fisherman's Friends have absoultly not appeal to me. At least I don't have to trek to Buffalo in the dead of winter for Hadestown! I still don't know why Oklahoma didn't come, seeing as he was a producer of the Broadway production, or try to get families back to the theatre with Frozen. As usual, we'll see how it goes. 

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

William12
#2272022-2023 Touring Season
Posted: 6/8/22 at 11:55am

fashionguru_23 said: "Weird that Jagged Little Pill isn't in the subscription series. I'm still going to subscribe, but now we play the game of what show gets cancelled, and replaced.

The Shark is Broken and Fisherman's Friends have absoultly not appeal to me. At least I don't have to trek to Buffalo in the dead of winter for Hadestown! I still don't know why Oklahoma didn't come, seeing as he was a producer of the Broadway production, or try to get families back to the theatre with Frozen. As usual, we'll see how it goes.
"

I agree, I will still subscribe too. Fisherman's Friends holds no appeal to me. The Shark is Broken doesn't appeal to me either, but my parents LOVE Jaws so I know they will want to see it. I was going through my renewal form online and it looks renewing subscribers can opt-out of Hamilton, so that's interesting.

I wonder if Pressure will finally happen - I think this is the 3rd season in a row he has tried to make it work?

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#2282022-2023 Touring Season
Posted: 6/8/22 at 12:15pm

Very weird Jagged isn’t included in the subscription. It’s been apart of the subscription for every other city it’s announced, right?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#2292022-2023 Touring Season
Posted: 6/8/22 at 1:46pm

Call_me_jorge said: "Very weird Jagged isn’t included in the subscription. It’s been apart of the subscription for every other city it’s announced, right?"

You are correct, Call_me_jorge. The inclusion of Hamilton is werid, as it played about 4/5 week in Toronto out of a 4 month run before it was cancelled due to the beginning of the pandemic.

Also, with the talk of "Bruce" in Seattle taking the behind the scenes of Jaws, "The Shark is Broken" is odd. 

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

William12
#2302022-2023 Touring Season
Posted: 6/8/22 at 5:00pm

Call_me_jorge said: "Very weird Jagged isn’t included in the subscription. It’s been apart of the subscription for every other city it’s announced, right?"

Yeah, even J. Kelly Nestruck tweeted his confusion over this. He said he felt it could have played for a few months in Toronto. He was also disappointed in the lack of SIX, and was surprised by the choice of the West End shows - he was hoping for Life of Pi. I can't say I disagree.

Updated On: 6/8/22 at 05:00 PM

Platypus
#2312022-2023 Touring Season
Posted: 6/8/22 at 5:20pm

William12 said: "Call_me_jorge said: "Very weird Jagged isn’t included in the subscription. It’s been apart of the subscription for every other city it’s announced, right?"

Yeah, even J. Kelly Nestruck tweeted his confusion over this. He said he felt it could have played for a few months in Toronto. He was also disappointed in the lack of SIX, and was surprised by the choice of the West End shows - he was hoping for Life of Pi. I can't say I disagree.

"

I will be renewing my subscription as well. But I was surprised that SIX is missing, too. I saw it on Broadway in previews in 2020 a few days before everything shut down, and I was hoping to see it again - it's a really fun show. There are so many simultaneous productions of SIX that it's surprising that none of them are making their way here. 

Mirvish has a tendency to stay away from more "controversial" shows - they famously passed on Avenue Q because they thought it would be "too racy", but luckily we had Dancap at the time to bring it instead. So I wonder if all of the controversy surrounding JLP made them decide to bring it in a more low-key fashion. It did seem like an afterthought in the press release - I didn't even notice it mentioned until my friend pointed it out. 

I've never heard of Fisherman's Friends or The Shark is Broken but they both sound kind of fun to me. 

I saw Hadestown on that same trip to Broadway that I saw SIX and I'm not sure if I really need to see it again, but that's okay... Same with Hamilton, I saw it the last time it was in town - I was in the lucky group that happened to have tickets before lockdown. I feel like there should have been an option to swap it out for another show that's not included in the subscription - didn't they do that a few years ago when Come From Away was included 2 seasons in a row (initially pre-Broadway cast, then the Canadian Cast)?

Edit: It looks like when you renew, you can opt out of Hamilton in exchange for a credit. 

Updated On: 6/8/22 at 05:20 PM

PriscillaN2N
#2322022-2023 Touring Season
Posted: 6/8/22 at 9:39pm

I really do miss the days of Dancap, they brought some great shows to the city. It was nice to have some competition for Mirvish. I'm on the fence about renewing, I've only liked about half of the shows in my last 3 subscriptions. Hopefully they'll continue with rush/lottery tickets. 

Mirvish is afraid of putting off their older loyal subscriber base, it always shows with their programming. I wish they'd have a little more faith in their audience. 

Updated On: 6/8/22 at 09:39 PM

forfivemoreminutes
#2332022-2023 Touring Season
Posted: 6/8/22 at 10:23pm

PriscillaN2N said: "Mirvish is afraid of putting off their older loyal subscriber base, it always shows with their programming.I wish they'd have a little more faith in their audience."

This probably explains why JLP isn't part of the main season subscription.

I'm also on the fence about renewing. I'll definitely see Hadestown and Mean Girls, but I saw Hamilton in its previous run and I'm not sure I need to see it again, and I'm not sure about the Fisherman's Friends musical or The Shark Is Broken. I might see Pressure, but I'm not sure. Probably less expensive to buy tickets for Hadestown and Mean Girls and possibly Hamilton with my CAA member discount and then try to do rush or lottery for the other three, instead of buying a subscription. I'm definitely going to buy the Off-Mirvish subscription though! I'm very excited to see Indecent and I've heard great things about As You Like It. 

shriverva
#2342022-2023 Touring Season
Posted: 6/13/22 at 1:09pm

National Arts Centre  -- Ottawa Ontario--

22/23

Pretty Woman    November 15th 2022 - November 20th 2022

Come From Away    December 27th 2022 - January 8th 2023

Aladdin   March 21st 2023 -  March 26th 2023

Jagged Little Pill    May 30th - June 4th 2023

Ain't Too Proud    August 22nd 2023 - August 27th 2023

Updated On: 6/13/22 at 01:09 PM

William12
#2352022-2023 Touring Season
Posted: 6/13/22 at 1:53pm

shriverva said: "National Arts Centre -- Ottawa Ontario--

22/23

Pretty Woman November 15th 2022 - November 20th 2022

Come From Away December 27th 2022 - January 8th 2023

Aladdin March 21st 2023 - March 26th 2023

Jagged Little Pill May 30th - June 4th 2023

Ain't Too Proud August 22nd 2023 - August 27th 2023

"

That's actually a pretty good season for Ottawa.

Jakeevan942
#2362022-2023 Touring Season
Posted: 6/14/22 at 8:48am

State Theatre-New Brunswick, New Jersey. Probably the easiest place to get to from NYC if you have friends on these tours next season.

Tootsie: November 4-6, 2022

My Fair Lady: January 27-29, 2023

Legally Blonde: April 28-30, 2023

Jesus Christ Superstar: June 9-11

Add-ons:

Stomp: December 2-3, 2022

R.E.S.P.E.C.T. Aretha Franklin Story: March 11-12, 2023

Nova10
#2372022-2023 Touring Season
Posted: 6/15/22 at 4:22pm

In Milwaukee, Beautiful has been canceled.   It has been replaced with Tootsie June 6-11 2023.

shriverva
#2382022-2023 Touring Season
Posted: 6/16/22 at 10:36am

Nova10 said: "In Milwaukee, Beautiful has been canceled. It has been replaced with Tootsie June 6-11 2023."

I believe Beautiful has suspended the whole tour

angoradebs
#2392022-2023 Touring Season
Posted: 6/16/22 at 1:09pm

Just got a notification that The Prom in Bloomington has been cancelled. Total bummer. The show closed 6 days before I was supposed to see it on Broadway, this was the closest the tour was coming to me, and they'd already moved it from March to September. I guess I'll never see it unless someone does it regionally

catalana3
#2402022-2023 Touring Season
Posted: 6/22/22 at 10:44pm

Did The Prom cancel the entire tour?

Cincinnati just got notified that Beautiful has canceled and has been replaced by Jagged Little Pill, which seems like a much better fit. 

angoradebs
#2412022-2023 Touring Season
Posted: 6/22/22 at 11:39pm

catalana3 said: "Did The Prom cancel the entire tour?

Cincinnati just got notified that Beautiful has canceled and has been replaced by Jagged Little Pill, which seems like a much better fit.
"

As of right now, they'll be in Kansas City and then take a week off before heading to Buffalo for their final stop (instead of stopping in Bloomington on the way). Which seems dumb to me. The email I got just said due to "complications in the production's touring schedule." It makes absolutely no sense to me to have a scheduled week off before the final week of the tour. I would not be shocked to see them cancel KC/Buffalo and just end in LA. I wonder if they're losing a lot of cast and just won't be able to finish.

I'm in the Cincy market as well, I'm not sure I'll see JLP, but I'm definitely more likely to go to that than Beautiful. Still bummed about Six - how does Appleton get Six before Cincinnati?!

SouthernCakes
#2422022-2023 Touring Season
Posted: 6/22/22 at 11:43pm

Maybe they over shot the value? It’s in LA for a long run and I don’t think any of the tours have been selling well. 

Ogunquit Playhouse announced they’re doing Beautiful. So I guess they released the rights very quick. 

willrolandsframes
#2432022-2023 Touring Season
Posted: 6/23/22 at 1:00pm

I don't see either one posted here, so...

** NORTH CHARLESTON, SC - NCPAC **

HAMILTON - July 13-24, 2022

ANNIE - October 28-30, 2022

DEAR EVAN HANSEN - November 22-27, 2022

ALADDIN - February 22-26, 2022

JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR - March 10-12, 2022

THE BOOK OF MORMON - May 5-7, 2022

No add-ons.

** COLUMBIA, SC - KOGER CENTER **

ELF: THE MUSICAL - November 8-9, 2022

HAIRSPRAY - February 15-16, 2023

JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR  - March 7-8, 2023

LEGALLY BLONDE  - March 28-29, 2023

ANNIE  - April 14-15, 2023

DEAR EVAN HANSEN - June 28-July 2, 2023

And as per usual, it seems like no season for Charleston's actual theater, the Gaillard Center. Maybe one day producers will realize that trying to put on equity shows in the NCPAC doesn't work. No wonder it took longer for Hamilton to get to one of the hottest tourist destinations in America than it did for LMM to write the show.

And another annual reminder that the University of South Carolina needs to do a much better job promoting the Koger. They've never gotten more than 1-2 equity shows a year despite Columbia having a very nice theatergoing crowd.

Call_me_jorge
#2442022-2023 Touring Season
Posted: 6/23/22 at 1:17pm

Is Dear Evan Hansen still on a production contract?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

shriverva
#2452022-2023 Touring Season
Posted: 6/23/22 at 2:24pm

Calgary, Vancouver, and Edmonton will be making their season announcements on 6/27

Call_me_jorge
#2462022-2023 Touring Season
Posted: 6/23/22 at 3:28pm

Broadway in Chicago announced the return of the Millennium park concert this august, so I could see them announcing the full season soon.

catalana3
#2472022-2023 Touring Season
Posted: 6/23/22 at 3:43pm

angoradebs said: "I'm in the Cincy market as well, I'm not sure I'll see JLP, but I'm definitely more likely to go to that than Beautiful. Still bummed about Six - how does Appleton get Six before Cincinnati?!"

I am getting a little tired of them dangling hot shows in front of us for the season after next season. They did that with Hadestown last year and Six this year. Seems like they give us just enough to satisfy but not everything at once. But by the time those big shows get here they have toured for a very long time already.   

MTH85
#2482022-2023 Touring Season
Posted: 6/23/22 at 4:44pm

LA's Center Theatre Group announced the 22/23 season at the Mark Taper and also teased a few shows for the Ahmanson:

* Ain't Too Proud – Dec 13, 2022–Jan 1, 2023

* 1776 – April 5–May 7, 2023

* A Soldier's Play – May 23–June 25

No indication as to when the full season would be announced, but it will most likely be in the (ever ambiguous) "coming weeks."

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#2492022-2023 Touring Season
Posted: 6/24/22 at 12:48am

It looked like Part 2 would be announced August 13th, according to their Twitter!

A weird but unsurprising start to their season. I could see them maybe getting some limited-runs from this past season, they've done it with shows like FOLLIES. They also like to dip their seasons in to the fall, maybe its launching a tour for a musical like COMPANY or MJ? 

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop