pixeltracker

Nicest Broadway Peformers- Page 3

Nicest Broadway Peformers

BwayLover Profile Photo
BwayLover
#50 re: Nicest Broadway Peformers
Posted: 2/8/04 at 4:55pm

Ok, I've said this before, but I just had to mention Louise Pitre. She is one of the TRULY nice ones, not just at the stage door but always a total sweetheart to her fans. I will never forget when she found out I was from Israel and had stopped in NY on my way back from a conference in Boston just to see her, how extremely gracious she was - invited me to her dressing room and chatted with me for a while. She then showed me around a little bit, which she totally didn't have to do, and had her driver take a picture of us when it was totaly freezing outside. She was just the best. Also, she is wonderful about emails- always answers, and more importantly, is always humble and charming about it. A true lady!

"Years from now, when you talk about this - And you will - Be kind. "

CJR
#51re: re: Nicest Broadway Peformers
Posted: 2/8/04 at 5:17pm

Donna Lynne Champlin
Michele Pawk
John Dossett
Tracy Shayne
Bianca Marroquin
Roxane Carrasco
Ann Reinking
Shawn Emamjomeh
Linda Lavin
Faith Prince
Marc Kudisch
Rob Bartlett
Marc Calamia
Mary Bond Davis
Henry Winkler
John Ritter
Vicki Frederick
Terrence Mann

"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

Updated On: 2/8/04 at 05:17 PM

A19Ben Profile Photo
A19Ben
#52re: re: re: Nicest Broadway Peformers
Posted: 2/8/04 at 5:18pm

Tony Vincent....anyone else meet him? or even know him?

thanks love Ben x x x x

Hank
#53re: re: Nicest Broadway Peformers
Posted: 2/8/04 at 5:32pm

I don't usually wait at the stage door, but being such a big fan of Thoroughly Modern Millie, I just had to meet the cast. They were all really nice as can be, and Gavin Creel in particular was impressed that we came back to see the show a 2nd time (we'll be back next Sunday for our 6th). And of course, Sutton Foster is just as sweet as she is talented.

Sheri Profile Photo
Sheri
#54Nicest Broadway Peformers
Posted: 2/8/04 at 5:37pm

Kevin Earley

But I may be a tad bit too biased.

BTW, Hank, I'll be at "Millie" on Sunday too.

Dramamama321
#55re: Nicest Broadway Peformers
Posted: 2/8/04 at 5:56pm

Chita Rivera - I met her after seeing Chicago in Toronto. I had my Spiderwoman cd for her to sign and she was so pleased. I had brought a sharpie and the other people waiting did not have them, so she asked if she could borrow it, which of course was fine with me. I stood back and waited for her to finish - she signed and posed for pictures with everyone who was there. When she was done she gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek and said thanks. She is the sweetest person.

Adam Pascal - he is a doll. I met him for the first time shortly after Rent opened and he was so nice to everyone. I was so flustered and I called him Mr. Pascal, he laughed and said to please call him Adam and gave me a little half hug. Made my day! (Jesse Martin and the rest of the Rent OBC were all sweet!)

Samuel E. Wright - I was at The Lion King with some small children and he got right down on his knees and talked to them. Sang a little "Under the Sea" for them. All of the people from Lion King were really great, especially with the kids.

Diahnn Caroll - love her! Such a sweet lady.

There are so many, but these are some of my favorites.

ShineOn
#56re: re: Nicest Broadway Peformers
Posted: 2/8/04 at 5:58pm

re: re: re: re: re: Nicest Broadway Peformers
Posted On: 2/8/04 at 12:30:11 PM

Carolee Carmello. She cracked up when daisyhilton couldn't figure out the workings of a disposable camera. Oh, and she offered to put down her umbrella (in the rain, obviously) for the picture.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

ALICE!!! You're not supposed to TELL people I don't know how to use a camera...! I'm not *that* blonde. I just had a momentary brain... lapse. re: re: Nicest Broadway Peformers

"You! You are the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber! And you, well, I just plain don't like you."
~Stewart Gilligan Griffin

LadyGuenevere
#57re: re: re: Nicest Broadway Peformers
Posted: 2/8/04 at 6:07pm

^ Daisy Hilton, I don't really know your whole story- but I am worse on the cameras! At least you didn't create a commotion about getting a picture, and found out 5 minutes later that there was no film in the camera!

God, I felt stupid for a long time after that.

MegGiry Profile Photo
MegGiry
#58re: re: re: re: Nicest Broadway Peformers
Posted: 2/8/04 at 6:48pm

I know an actor who's not on Broadway but in a group called the Reading Choral Society. His name is Michael Corcoran...and when I saw him he was the nicest, sweetest person EVER!! He and I talked about lots of things before and after the show, and we also talked during intermission. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! He complimented me on my dress clothing, and he even introduced me to his kids!! Oh, and he even gave me a wink before and after the show, which was so adorable!! He was so cute, so adorable... ahhhhhhhh...

http://groups.msn.com/The Jerry Herman Appreciation Society

broadwaysweetheart
#59re: re: re: re: re: Nicest Broadway Peformers
Posted: 2/8/04 at 7:39pm

I've only been to Broadway once, but the nicest were:
Leslie Uggams
Kerry Butler
Douglas Sills
Tammy Blanchard
and Bianca Marroquin (no surprise, we Mexican people are really nice lol)

I hate to say this, but Hunter Foster was awful to us...

DonnaMurphyRocks Profile Photo
DonnaMurphyRocks
#60re: re: re: re: re: Nicest Broadway Peformers
Posted: 2/8/04 at 8:00pm

Elphie - I saw Wonderful Town last weekend, and both Donna and Jennifer did come out and sign autographs and take pictures. It was a little while's wait, like maybe longer than a half an hour, but it was definitely worth it. Jennifer was very nice, and especially Donna! I was totally stumbling over my words when I met her, but I told her that I had come to NY just to see her in the show, and she hugged me and kissed me on the cheek TWICE and talked to me like a friend. I was totally walking on air! Then some guy came up to her and said "Excuse me, but I think I left my jacket in the theatre" (maybe he mistook her for an usher LOL) But she was really nice and took the guy backstage to see if someone found it.
I had a great time =)

"My little boy's home from the Big House!" - Angela Lansbury, Blue Hawaii

JoizeyActor Profile Photo
JoizeyActor
#61re: re: re: re: re: re: Nicest Broadway Peformers
Posted: 2/8/04 at 8:01pm

Haha. That guy SO wanted to sneak backstage.

DonnaMurphyRocks Profile Photo
DonnaMurphyRocks
#62re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Nicest Broadway Peformers
Posted: 2/8/04 at 8:04pm

Yeah, maybe I should remember that line next time...

"My little boy's home from the Big House!" - Angela Lansbury, Blue Hawaii

CJR
#63re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Nicest Broadway Peformers
Posted: 2/8/04 at 8:17pm

Oh my god I am *such* a loser. I CANNOT believe I forgot Chita Rivera.

CaTheatreGirl Profile Photo
CaTheatreGirl
#64re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Nicest Broadway Peformers
Posted: 2/8/04 at 9:14pm

I've found the casts of Take Me Out and Avenue Q have/had the nicest people. A big favorite has been Denis O'Hare, closely followed by Daniel Sunjata, John Tartaglia and Stephanie d'Abruzzo. When complimented on their performances, they are truly gracious and appreciative of the good words.

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
#65re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Nicest Broadway Peformers
Posted: 2/8/04 at 9:16pm

I forgot Chita, too! Aah!

BroadwayBaby3 Profile Photo
BroadwayBaby3
#66re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Nicest Broadway Peformers
Posted: 2/8/04 at 9:31pm

Sutton Foster is incredibly nice. Her brother, boyfriend, and sister in law are also very nice Broadway stars. Bernadette is nice to come out and sign everything. Linda Eder stops and has conversations with fans. Kerry Butler, Marilu Henner, Marissa Jaret Winokur are all very sweet. Most performers I've met have been very nice. Another that stands out in my mind is Jennifer Holiday. The 3rd time I saw Chicago (which she was in at the time) I went by myself because my parents wanted to go to a different show. I had to wait for them to come pick me up in shubert alley at night and i was pretty young. she came out of the stage door and didn't leave my side until my parents came (45 minutes later!) to bring me back to our hotel. it was like being babysat by a celebrity! it was very cool

Defy Gravity!!

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#67re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Nicest Broadway Peformers
Posted: 2/8/04 at 9:44pm

Shoot i forgot many:
Denis O'Hare- One of the sweetest men around and talk politics with him! He is a great guy.
Gavin- Met him at the Tony after party the year Millie won a sweetie so was Angela.
Harriet- Very funny and Sutton who is shy.
Jeanine Tesori- Sweetest woman on the planet.
Mel Brooks- Met him when i was an extra in a movie his wife was in. I saw him on the set and ran into him. I told him to bring back the 2000 year old man (it was in the year 2000) he said he already did and he winked at me. What a sweetie. Updated On: 2/8/04 at 09:44 PM

NativeNewYorker
#68re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Nicest Broadway Peformers
Posted: 2/8/04 at 9:54pm

I haven't really met that many, but I've never met anyone who WASN'T perfectly nice and gracious.

Sutton's the nicest girl. I was rambling to her about how when I see someone like her on stage, I know why I love to watch musicals so much, and she was just rolling her eyes like, "Oh, shut up". And when I said how upset I get whenever I see her perform that I could never sing and dance like that, she went, "Oh, but I met there's a million things that you can do that I could never do!"

Never met Gavin, but I wrote him a letter last year and he sent me a nice card back.

I met Delta Burke at the flea market mainly because I thought it would be funny to have a picture with Delta Burke and me on the refrigerator. (Sure enough, everyone who sees it comments on it!) She completely chewed my ear off, complimented my crucifix, asked if I was actress and a performer...the photographer guy yelled at her to stop talking to me :)

Adam Pascal was very nice to me when I met him after Aida last year.

Tom Cavanaugh was a DOLL after Urinetown this summer. So adorable. A complete dork, but so sweet to absolutely everyone who was waiting for him, and it was a big crowd! He seems to be just like Ed in reality :)

Cheyenne Jackson is incredibly sweet and modest.

I never met Joe Machota or Tina Maddigan, but I sent them an email after I saw them tape a Today show segment...just to say how great they were in the show and how adorable they are and how much fun they seem to be having. They both wrote back and were SO cute and sweet in their emails.

I think the majority of Broadway performers are great to their fans...most of the non-celebrity ones don't make much money (I mean, compare it to Jennifer Lopez making $20 million for ONE horrible movie, when these people work so hard night after night) and do not get recognized much outside of the community...of course, they all have their nights when they're tired and don't feel like signing autographs or pictures, but I give them credit...they all seem so grounded and grateful for their fans.

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
#69re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Nicest Broadway Peformers
Posted: 2/8/04 at 9:54pm

I met Mel Brooks and Anne Bancroft at the Tale of the Allergist's Wife. I told him how much I loved his films and how I could recite almost all the dialogue and he grabbed my face in his hands and yelled "Don't!" as if he was trying to save my life :) He was very sweet. My mother told Anne Bancroft that she was happy to see Anne was short, to which Anne said "My dear, you can't be married to Mel Brooks and be very tall."

CJR
#70Nicest Broadway Peformers
Posted: 2/8/04 at 9:59pm

Oooh and Daniel Sunjata..... of course, I ran into him on the street and was flirting with him/being hit on and didn't realize it was him until AFTER I walked away... but how much nicer can you get?!

(is what I hear true? is he actually married? some people tell me yes, some people tell me no)

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#71re: Nicest Broadway Peformers
Posted: 2/8/04 at 10:04pm

I meet so many but i left out one of my favorites:
Brian Dennehy i met him a few times once last year he was sitting behind me at the Drama Desk Awards and when i clapped so hard my hands almost fell off for Hairspray he made a funny comment (you like that show do you?) IT WAS FUNNY.
At the end of the show he told me what a nice theater it was not realizing i was on the PRODUCTION TEAM. He also gave me a wink.
I also saw him after Trumbo and i told him how wonderful he was in the show. He was very sweet and asked if i wanted his autograph. I said i never ask for them and he hugged me.
He is like a Teddy Bear.
Also let's not forget the biggest sweetest hugger Marian Seldes! Updated On: 2/8/04 at 10:04 PM

#72re: re: Nicest Broadway Peformers
Posted: 2/8/04 at 11:19pm

Susan Egan is one of the nicest people
ALSO
of course, LINDA EDER is incredibly nice and sweet and caring to all her fans.

and others I felt were very sweet
Heather Headly
Vanessa Williams
Brian Stokes Mitchell
and
Audra McDonald

StrictlyShowtunes
#73re: re: re: Nicest Broadway Peformers
Posted: 2/9/04 at 12:29am

I think it is a nice thing to show your gratitude for performers who have gone out of their way to sign something for you or pose for a picture. I know they are real people, and that makes me appreciate the fact that they are so generous even more. So here is my list:

Bernadette Peters--when I've seen her, she always signs everything for everyone. When I saw her in "Annie Get Your Gun" on my birthday, she signed "Happy Birthday"--so nice.

Ruthie Henshall--charming, friendly, very talkative, always gracious.

Roger Bart--posed for pictures before "Charlie Brown"--very friendly

Dee Hoty--seemed surprised I would want her autograph, talked for a few minutes

Sherie Rene Scott-apologized for making me wait to talk to her!

Antonio Banderas--signed things for everyone in the huge crowd at the "Nine" stage door.

I must also mention:
Alice Ripley, Sutton Foster, Kristin Chenoweth, Stanley Wayne Mathis, Audra McDonald, John Barrowman, Carol Burnett, George Hearn...and that's just restricting myself to Broadway!

There are glasses to raise in the praise of survivin' the day

ShineOn
#74re: re: re: re: Nicest Broadway Peformers
Posted: 2/9/04 at 12:45am

I wasn't going to post to this, but there is now three pages full of 'nice performers' and Emily has not been mentioned once. So, I'm going to do it. I'm going to do it, dammit! (I told you I couldn't control myself, Craig!!!)

Emily Skinner, in MY experience, has been the nicest to me (and most generous of her time and in general) of all the broadway performers I've ever met. (With the exception of DLC. re: re: re: re: Nicest Broadway Peformers)

She's a very sweet lady, yo.

"You! You are the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber! And you, well, I just plain don't like you."
~Stewart Gilligan Griffin