pixeltracker

SIX Broadway Replacements - Page 3

SIX Broadway Replacements

KathyNYC2
#50Anna Uzele To Depart SIX on March 13, 2022
Posted: 11/4/22 at 6:25pm

I believe SiX has always replaced the entire cast at one time with the original London Co. 

QueenTwinnied
#51Anna Uzele To Depart SIX on March 13, 2022
Posted: 11/4/22 at 10:31pm

I’ve also heard Taylor is joining the show but the source is that guy from tik tok who sweats a lot 

Six has done full cast replacements in the UK but that’s fairly common for West End shows. 

ColdClimateDude
#52Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/5/22 at 2:36pm

On one queen's IG, it was confirmed that the producers opted not to renew any of the contracts for the ones that are leaving.  Otherwise, some would have stayed.

QueenTwinnied
#53Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/5/22 at 3:30pm

Who said that?

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#54Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/5/22 at 11:46pm

In addition to Jones, I also hear Marilyn Caserta, Jarynn Sampson, and Hailee Kaleem Wright will join the company.

Caserta and Sampson come over from the two cruise ship productions; as Caserta previously had a brief alternate stint on Broadway in August and got to go on for Aragon, Sampson will be making her Broadway debut. Wright was most recently seen across the street in Paradise Square.

It will be announced on Monday what roles they will play, as well as the rest of the soon-to-be Broadway cast. 

Oh look, a bibu!

QueenTwinnied
#55Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/6/22 at 1:00am

Interesting to hear they’re pulling from the (immensely talented) cruise casts. I was lucky enough to see Six several times on the NCL Breakaway. 

I’m familiar with Jarynn from online clips and I love her voice as Parr. It reminds my of Danielle Steers who played Parr on the West End. 

MNNiceorIce Profile Photo
MNNiceorIce
#56Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/6/22 at 1:59am

QueenTwinnied said: "Who said that?"

I saw that too. It was Andrea M.

And Jarynn went by Jarynn Whitney on the cruise I think, if anyone was trying to look up a clip or two.  While the American casts have far outweighed any of the European casts vocally, the cruise casts are your typically cruise performers.  Surprised they are dumping some of these talented women for such newbies.  I’d at least think the cruisers would be alternates.

Updated On: 11/6/22 at 01:59 AM

QueenTwinnied
#57Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/6/22 at 2:22am

Yeah I saw Andrea’s live earlier. She definitely danced around the topic while another queen in the background was pretty blunt about getting “fired” and their contracts being “terminated.” It’s a little sad that some of the remaining OBC are possibly being forced out earlier than they expected and it’s especially strange the fabulous recent replacements are also being let go. 

Regarding the cruise cast being brought in, I personally think they’re quite talented and let’s remember most of the eventual OBC (and alternates) started out as “newbies” in 2019. The cruise queens have at least six months of experience doing the show under their belts. I’m looking forward to see who is filling out the rest of the new cast :)

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#58Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/6/22 at 8:08am

This show sounds like a mess with several cast members getting fired.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

trpguyy
#59Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/6/22 at 8:41am

No one was fired. Their contacts are about to be up, and the producers opted to not renew their contracts. It’s uncommon, sure, but a smart move to keep operating costs down. 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#60Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/6/22 at 10:26am

Current story going around:

“The Six queens weren’t renewed over an issue that was over the summer. I can’t remember it exactly, but it was a Tuesday, a bunch of girls had flown somewhere on their day off. Between flight cancellations and call outs, they weren’t gonna be able to do a show until two stand byes showed up at like 15 because they assumed they weren’t gonna do a show. I don’t know which girls, but out of the 12 in the building, they only had 5.”

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#61Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/6/22 at 10:55am

Call_me_jorge said: "Current story going around:

“The Six queens weren’t renewed over an issue that was over the summer. I can’t remember it exactly, but it was a Tuesday, a bunch of girls had flown somewhere on their day off. Between flight cancellations and call outs, they weren’t gonna be able to do a show until two stand byes showed up at like 15 because they assumed they weren’t gonna do a show. I don’t know which girls, but out of the 12 in the building, they only had 5.”
"

If true, definitely a poor decision on the cast to fly somewhere when they only had one day off.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

PipingHotPiccolo
#62Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/6/22 at 10:59am

trpguyy said: "No one was fired. Their contacts are about to be up, and the producers opted to not renew their contracts. It’s uncommon, sure, but a smart move to keep operating costs down."

You're being pretty over technical here; yes, their contracts weren't terminated early, but they were told to stop coming to work as soon as their contracts expired. If any of our bosses told us to stop coming to work, theyre hiring someone else to do our job, you wouldn't call that "getting fired"?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#63Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/6/22 at 11:07am

Also a bit concerning that all but two contracts weren't renewed.

QueenTwinnied
#64Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/6/22 at 11:59am

Call_me_jorge said: "Current story going around:

"

I remember hearing something like this. Is this around the time two alternates from the Aragon tour had to be flown in? 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#65Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/6/22 at 12:11pm

It would be devastating if this show, which once had tons of promise and has been a top seller for some time now, closed in January amidst this wave of controversy. It just wouldn’t feel right. 

Oh look, a bibu!

PipingHotPiccolo
#66Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/6/22 at 12:32pm

Why would it close? What controversy? A hit show fired its (not at all famous) cast and is bringing in new people to replace them. What am i missing

Peppa222
#67Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/6/22 at 12:37pm

Six isn't going anywhere. It's most likely already recouped, and their operating costs are low. If this happened because of an incident over the summer, the discussions about "what happens next" are long over. 

The fans who see the show for a specific cast are not the reason the show is making buckets of money. They will be fine. 

I'm a massive fan of the cast (and Six in general) but making your company almost lose an entire day of profits because of a poorly planned excursion is easily a firable offense. Mind you, none of them were technically fired. Waiting for someone's contract to end and replacing them isn't shady business. 

B212323
#68Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/6/22 at 12:48pm

Casted is not a word - it's CAST (past, present and future) or casting (in the process of) 

thanks for coming to my ted talk 

trpguyy
#69Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/6/22 at 12:58pm

PipingHotPiccolo said: "trpguyy said: "No one was fired. Their contacts are about to be up, and the producers opted to not renew their contracts. It’s uncommon, sure, but a smart move to keep operating costs down."

You're being pretty over technical here; yes, their contracts weren't terminated early, but they were told to stop coming to work as soon as their contracts expired. If any of our bosses told us to stop coming to work, theyre hiring someone else to do our job, you wouldn't call that "getting fired"?
"

There should never be an assumption that a term contract be renewed. If an actor leaves a show at the end of their contract, you wouldn’t say that they quit, would you? 

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#70Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/6/22 at 1:16pm

This is really not anything new or exclusive to this show. Producers will often put performers on principal contracts specifically because they want the flexibility of not being obligated by the union to renew contracts. Usually it’s motivated by keeping costs down as renewing a contract entitles the performer to a raise.

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

PipingHotPiccolo
#71Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/6/22 at 1:29pm

trpguyy said: "PipingHotPiccolo said: "trpguyy said: "No one was fired. Their contacts are about to be up, and the producers opted to not renew their contracts. It’s uncommon, sure, but a smart move to keep operating costs down."

"

There should never be an assumption that a term contract be renewed. If an actor leaves a show at the end of their contract, you wouldn’t say that they quit, would you?
"

I'd say they chose to leave their job, and here these performers did not, they were disinvited from the party. 

C4b2a3b
#72Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/6/22 at 1:34pm

Random thoughts.

This rumor of the cast not showing up in the summer presumably only applies to the OG past (3 principals and OG alternates) and not the new cast, Brennyn and Bre (as they started more recently). 

Just trying to make sense of all the information presented here. It's clear from Andrea's stream 11/5 that at least a few of the ladies would have renewed their contracts if offered.

While many ladies all missing one show like that is pretty awful, one mistake isn't the end of the world in any field of work (doctors/nurses in my experience can really mess up BAD and not get fired, which is my lens). There were many considerations/factors//variables the producers took into account undoubtedly, given Bre and Brennyn's contracts weren't renewed in addition to the OG cast. 

Being able to see some of the original queens as well as the availability of sunday evening and monday performances, has been the biggest factor in seeing this show 3 times. I was planning to see it again, but now I'm not sure I'd be as excited to see it again when I'm back in the spring. But if they were to cast a few big names, of course I'd consider it!  

The show was on point 2 weeks ago, and of course they ladies already knew despite it wasn't public information yet! There's nothing like seeing it live! The cast recording is amazing, but the bass live is just something else. 

Updated On: 11/6/22 at 01:34 PM

ColdClimateDude
#73Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/6/22 at 2:49pm

There was also some hint a week ago on another IG live that there might be some inter-cast compatibility issues with the main queens.  At least that's the impression I received in that deep dive live that got really real really fast.  Could that have played any factor in a full replacement?

Also -- do you think the remaining alternates will be bumped up to principals?

C4b2a3b
#74Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/6/22 at 3:20pm

ColdClimateDude said: "There was also some hint a week ago on another IG live that there might be some inter-cast compatibility issues with the main queens. At least that's the impression I received in that deep dive live that got really real really fast. Could that have played any factor in a full replacement?

Also -- do you think the remaining alternates will be bumped up to principals?
"

Do you mean that the compatibility issues developed really quickly? 

They haven't moved alternates to principal the entire run, so maybe not? Who knows though! 

Videos