pixeltracker

Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?- Page 12

Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#275Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
Posted: 9/6/22 at 9:53am

I cannot contain my excitement for this! My mother and I are die-hard Groban fans! We will both be there for sure!

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

akhoya87
#276Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
Posted: 9/6/22 at 10:07am

Bought tickets for a preview weekend.  Weekend Sat evening:  Center orch up to row P is $319.50 with fees ($299 + 20.50 in fees), beyond that is $243.50 ($229 + 14.50 in fees).  Rear orch is 213.50 all in.

Mezz is either 319.50 or 243.50.  Middle mezz is $193.50 ($179 + 14.50), rear mezz is $89.75 ($79 + 10.75).

EDIT:  Wednesday mat tickets appear to be cheaper.  Premium orch is $249.50 all in, side/non premium orch is $193.50, wee back rear orchestra is $100.75, front mezz is all $193.50, mid-mezz/rear mezz ranges from $59.75 to 162.50.

Updated On: 9/6/22 at 10:07 AM

Alex M Profile Photo
Alex M
#277Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
Posted: 9/6/22 at 10:10am

Got my tickets a bit toward the back of the orchestra but not a extremely horrible price!

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#278Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
Posted: 9/6/22 at 10:11am

Many a production at the Lunt ever since Beauty and the Beast closed has overpromised and underdelivered. 

I am literally BEGGING this won't be the case with Sweeney. On paper, this is in tremendous hands with Kail, Groban, Ashford, and that stellar creative team. 

Oh look, a bibu!

NievesG Profile Photo
NievesG
#279Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
Posted: 9/6/22 at 10:12am

I want to splurge on a March 25th ticket for myself (birthday weekend) but if they have an easy lottery, I'd rather wait. Rear mezz prices aren't horrible, though.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#280Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
Posted: 9/6/22 at 10:13am

These prices were about what I expected. I got front mezz for a few different dates so even though I'm a bit skeptical on the casting as of right now, this whole thing really excites me. 

It looks like the last 3 rows are $69.75, for those who were wondering about the cheapest seats. 

Jordan Catalano
#281Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
Posted: 9/6/22 at 10:15am

NievesG said: "I want to splurge on a March 25th ticket for myself (birthday weekend) but if they have an easy lottery, I'd rather wait. Rear mezz prices aren't horrible, though."

I’m sure it’ll be an online lottery and none of those are “easy” for a show that will have the kind of buzz this one will have. 

Alex M Profile Photo
Alex M
#282Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
Posted: 9/6/22 at 10:15am

Jordan Catalano said: "These prices were about what I expected. I got front mezz for a few different dates so even though I'm a bit skeptical on the casting as of right now, this whole thing really excites me.

It looks like the last 3 rows are $69.75, for those who were wondering about the cheapest seats.
"

You're more hopeful than I was. I truly thought the cheapest seat would be $90.

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#283Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
Posted: 9/6/22 at 10:17am

I will definitely pay what I paid for ITW! This will definitely be worth it! I missed the first opportunity to see Groban on Broadway! I most certainly won't miss this one!

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#284Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
Posted: 9/6/22 at 10:18am

Wait, these prices are much better than I was expecting!

Jordan Catalano
#285Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
Posted: 9/6/22 at 10:19am

I don’t see how any show can justify charging more than that for the back of that mezzanine. 

Piparoo Profile Photo
Piparoo
#286Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
Posted: 9/6/22 at 10:21am

I just got tickets for 3/25 - front mezz. Really looking forward to this production. Dumb question - is the cast more likely to mark during the final previews - saving energy for opening night?

Jordan Catalano
#287Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
Posted: 9/6/22 at 10:26am

I go to final previews all the time and never have to worry about that. 

Piparoo Profile Photo
Piparoo
#288Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
Posted: 9/6/22 at 10:29am

Jordan Catalano said: "I go to final previews all the time and never have to worry about that."

Thanks! I was hoping you'd weigh in. I figured that was the case as they're all pros. Just love this show so much and want it to be incredible

gibsons2
#289Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
Posted: 9/6/22 at 10:30am

Jordan Catalano said: "These prices were about what I expected. I got front mezz for a few different dates so even though I'm a bit skeptical on the casting as of right now, this whole thing really excites me.

"

Actually, they are $62.95, even cheaper. That's how much I just paid.

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#290Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
Posted: 9/6/22 at 10:31am

Got tickets in the last 3 rows for $59 each. Considering there’s a 70% increase in price from row L to row K, I just opted for the closest, cheapest option.

Alex M Profile Photo
Alex M
#291Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
Posted: 9/6/22 at 10:31am

Going first preview. Anyone have any insight as to why its a Sunday mat? I don't think Ive ever seen an opening preview on a Sunday Matinee.

Jordan Catalano
#292Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
Posted: 9/6/22 at 10:34am

Have they just been changing prices for the past half hour? Everyone’s saying they’re seeing different prices.

Piparoo Profile Photo
Piparoo
#293Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
Posted: 9/6/22 at 10:37am

Jordan Catalano said: "Have they just been changing prices for the past half hour? Everyone’s saying they’re seeing different prices."

Looks like Wednesday pricing is a little lower

ren598
#294Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
Posted: 9/6/22 at 10:38am

I went ahead and got a $79.00 ticket for the first preview performance on 2/26/2023.  $92.95 including fees.  Not bad for aisle seat row G in the mezzanine.  If this is as good as I think it will be, I'll probably be back later on in the run via lottery or something else.

gibsons2
#295Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
Posted: 9/6/22 at 10:38am

Jordan Catalano said: "Have they just been changing prices for the past half hour? Everyone’s saying they’re seeing different prices."

Probably, depending on whether it's a weekday or a weekend which is always $10-20 more expensive

pdjennings Profile Photo
pdjennings
#296Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
Posted: 9/6/22 at 10:47am

Orch A & B are oddly placed on the TM seat map — do we think that there going to be removed for the pit… & perhaps C is going to wind up being the front row? 

Ok - A & B look normal now on the map. I guess they’re going to be there. I was excited that I might have unknowingly scored first row. 

Updated On: 9/6/22 at 10:47 AM

GF21
#297Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
Posted: 9/6/22 at 10:54am

Just got Friday March 31, rear Orchestra left, on the aisle, $244 for the pair all in. A pretty straight view up the aisle.

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#298Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
Posted: 9/6/22 at 11:07am

Piparoo said: "I just got tickets for 3/25 - front mezz. Really looking forward to this production. Dumb question - is the cast more likely to mark during the final previews - saving energy for opening night?"

I’d say the opposite actually, that’s when the critics are there. That’s why I prefer to see a show in the final days of previews. But they are professional and should be on point no matter when you go.

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#299Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
Posted: 9/6/22 at 11:15am

ren598 said: "I went ahead and got a $79.00 ticket for the first preview performance on 2/26/2023. $92.95 including fees. Not bad for aisle seat row G in the mezzanine. If this is as good as I think it will be, I'll probably be back later on in the run via lottery or something else."

Honestly, those side aisles in the rear mezzanine (seats 1 and 2) have a better view than anything in the center sections back there.

Updated On: 9/6/22 at 11:15 AM