pixeltracker

COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread- Page 9

COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#200COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/8/23 at 6:44pm

Also sorry for the typos, I’m on my phone and the app makes it near impossible to edit a post lol

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#201COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/8/23 at 7:02pm

Is the orchestra still onstage?

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#202COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/8/23 at 7:11pm

bwayphreak234 said: "Is the orchestra still onstage?"

It is not.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#203COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/8/23 at 7:22pm

Could you possibly post the u/s list when you have the time?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#204COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/8/23 at 7:59pm

Bobbie - Marina Kondo, Beth Stanford Laird

Joanne - CJ Greer, Emma Young

Jamie - Kenneth Quinney Francoeur, Christopher Henry Young 

Sarah - CJ Greer, Elysia Jordan

David - Matthew Christian, Christopher DeAngeles

Paul - KQF, Matthew Christian 

Peter - Christopher DeAngeles, CHY

Harry - Matthew Christian, Christopher DeAngeles

Susan - CJ Greer, Elysia Jordan

Jenny - Elysia Jordan, Beth Stafford Laird

Andy - KQF, CHY

PJ - Matthew Christian, KQF

Theo - Matthew Christian, CHY

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#205COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/8/23 at 8:58pm

How many musicians are in the orchestra?

seaweedjstubbs Profile Photo
seaweedjstubbs
#206COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/8/23 at 11:51pm

n2nbaby said: “Matt Bitter needs a lot of work. His Broadway counterpart is as hilarious, and he just didn’t nail any of the humor.”

Matt Bittner is currently out of the show and will rejoin the tour later. You saw one of his understudies.

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#207COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/9/23 at 12:07am

seaweedjstubbs said: "n2nbaby said: “Matt Bitter needs a lot of work. His Broadway counterpart is as hilarious, and he just didn’t nail any of the humor.”

Matt Bittner is currently out of the show and will rejoin the tour later. You saw one of his understudies.

"
If that was the case, there was no slip in the Playbill and I’m 99% sure the cast board was empty. 

MemorableUserName
#208COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/9/23 at 5:24am

Based on this video of the bows, looks like it was Matthew Christian (that's who the poster tagged):

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CyJ8vrAutek/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Updated On: 10/9/23 at 05:24 AM

seaweedjstubbs
#209COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/9/23 at 9:32am

n2nbaby said: "seaweedjstubbs said: "n2nbaby said: “Matt Bitter needs a lot of work. His Broadway counterpart is as hilarious, and he just didn’t nail any of the humor.”

"

If that was the case, there was no slip in the Playbill and I’m 99% sure the cast board was empty.

"

Tours rarely if ever use slips to announce understudies, but it should’ve been on the board. Trust me on this one, you saw one of his understudies. Matt is a close friend of mine.

jimmycurry01
#210COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/9/23 at 10:50am

seaweedjstubbs said: "n2nbaby said: "seaweedjstubbs said: "n2nbaby said: “Matt Bitter needs a lot of work. His Broadway counterpart is as hilarious, and he just didn’t nail any of the humor.”

"

"

Tours rarely if ever use slips to announce understudies, but it should’ve been on the board. Trust me on this one, you saw one of his understudies. Matt is a close friend of mine.
"

I don't think i have been to an equity touring production that hasn't used a slip to announce an understudy, and I have been to many.

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#211COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/9/23 at 11:50am

seaweedjstubbs said: "n2nbaby said: "seaweedjstubbs said: "n2nbaby said: “Matt Bitter needs a lot of work. His Broadway counterpart is as hilarious, and he just didn’t nail any of the humor.”

"

"

"

I apologize if I came off as saying I didn’t believe you! I was just saying I didn’t see anything saying otherwise at the show! :) And I was a bit too far to fully see faces. My apologies!

vitor.rc Profile Photo
vitor.rc
#212COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/9/23 at 4:21pm

n2nbaby said: "seaweedjstubbs said: "n2nbaby said: “Matt Bitter needs a lot of work. His Broadway counterpart is as hilarious, and he just didn’t nail any of the humor.”

"

"

COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread

seaweedjstubbs
#213COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/9/23 at 5:18pm

jimmycurry01 said:

I don't think i have been to an equity touring production that hasn't used a slip to announce an understudy, and I have been to many.

"

Interesting! Maybe it’s a show by show thing? None of the tours that I’ve worked on used understudy slips, and I genuinely can’t remember getting an understudy slip in any of my Playbills from tours I’ve seen recently.

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#214COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/10/23 at 5:47pm

Will Blum posted on his Instagram that he'll be playing David through the Philly stop of the tour. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CyO3LUYvgfH/

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#215COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/10/23 at 5:50pm

ClumsyDude15 said: "Will Blum posted on his Instagram that he'll be playing David through the Philly stop of the tour.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CyO3LUYvgfH/
"

YEAH WILL!!

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#216COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/10/23 at 6:00pm

seaweedjstubbs said: "jimmycurry01 said:
"
Interesting! Maybe it’s a show by show thing? None of the tours that I’ve worked on used understudy slips, and I genuinely can’t remember getting an understudy slip in any of my Playbills from tours I’ve seen recently.
"

IIRC, the contract stipulates you must have 2 of the following 3 things:

1) House Board (at this performance the role of ____ will be played by ___)
2) announcement before the show
3) slip of paper in the Playbill

Most shows opt for 1 and 3. The actors prefer seeing their names in writing so it helps from a morale/company management perspective, and it minimizes the audience going "uggghhhhhhhh"/running for the door if an announcer says "tonight, the role usually played by Hugh Jackman will be played by Max Clayton."

Bryce 2
#217COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/10/23 at 7:50pm

Hope everything is okay with Matt Bittner! Really enjoyed him in Present Laughter and the School of Rock tour. Excited to catch him once he's back with the tour on their St. Louis stop

Det95
#218COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/11/23 at 8:40am

Really excited to see this in Detroit next week. I loved it in New York. I'm seeing the first and final performances in Detroit and can't wait to see how the show evolves over those two weeks.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#219COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/11/23 at 12:42pm

Could somebody let us know how many musicians are in the orchestra? 

OhHiii
#220COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/11/23 at 12:47pm

I believe many touring shows recently switched to a QR code in the Playbill that has the ins/outs listed on a webpage rather than doing slips. Not sure if Company is doing this, but would explain why there wasn't a slip, but clearly a different actor on stage. 

hearthemsing22
#221COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/11/23 at 1:49pm

With the tours I've seen, they've usually been Equity. And when an understudy was on, there was never a slip in the playbill/program. I agree with those who said it perhaps depends on the tour. I personally have never had a slip, or I would have saved it, to be honest. 

MatthewS1
#222COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/11/23 at 3:05pm

In recent memory, I've gotten slips for Band's Visit, Hamilton, Moulin Rouge, Hadestown, Frozen, Wicked, and DEH. I saw Beetlejuice last night and we had no slip, but there was a QR code at the bottom of the cast page in the Playbill that led you to the current cast for the night.

I second the ask for information on the musicians!

MatthewS1
#223COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/12/23 at 4:41pm

After some digging, I found the musician list for the upcoming Detroit stop. It's a 10 piece band- 2 keys, bass, drums, 3 reeds, violin, cello, and trombone. They cut 4 books from the broadway orchestration- keys 3, trumpet, reed 2 (oboe), and viola.

jakethesnake
#224COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/12/23 at 9:45pm

n2nbaby said: "Got out of the first performance a bit ago. I personally think that this revival is one of the best productions I’ve ever seen, so I was super excited to see it again (for the fifth time).
As I said above, the set is almost entirely the same as it was on Broadway and the automation went off without a hitch. The only thing that was cut was anything that came through the floor (like the Alice in Wonderland bit). This stuff comes from the ceiling now. There is also a big present that opens up to a door and a tiny cake in act 2 that wasn’t there on Broadway.
Britney Coleman is very talented, but I don’t think Bobbie is exactly the role for her. She is in excellent voice, but she does kind of fade into the background.
Judy McLane was quite solid. She forgot the words to Ladies Who Lunch and stumbled over the second verse, and then stopped the orchestra. But other than that, she was very good. Jennifer Simard is still my favorite Joanne.
Tyler Hardwick was quite the fine. Their Another Hundred People was a highlight for me. Jacob Dickey, who I saw on Broadway as well, was very good and hilarious. I have also seen Kathryn Allison as Sarah before and she is very funny.
Matt Bitter needs a lot of work. His Broadway counterpart is as hilarious, and he just didn’t nail any of the humor.
All in all, it is a very well performed production and the set is as impressive as ever. It is missing something that made the Broadway production so special - but America is lucky to have this show touring all over the country.
"

I don’t think your quote about Britney fading into the background is unique to her.  Every time I have seen Company in any iteration, I have felt that about that role.  It feels as if Bobby/Bobbie is an observer, watching how others view him/her, until the realization about what they really want hits at the 11:00 number.  I felt the same way when I saw Katrina do it on Broadway.   Also, for all the actors, you saw the very first performance.  I imagine they are all still finding their footing.  

Videos