Piano Lesson Rush

dave1606
#1Piano Lesson Rush
Posted: 10/28/22 at 10:08am

Thinking of Rushing Piano Lesson tomorrow. Has anyone done this yet? Wondering how it is for weekends etc.

Lumiere2 Profile Photo
Lumiere2
#2Piano Lesson Rush
Posted: 10/28/22 at 11:47am

Sadly, there is no publicly available rush policy for The Piano Lesson. There's no lottery or SRO either - if you want to see the show, you have to buy a ticket the old-fashioned way.

That being said, even though there's nothing on the message boards yet, I'd be curious to know if anyone has found any last-minute ticket deals for the show.

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#3Piano Lesson Rush
Posted: 10/28/22 at 11:50am

Lumiere2 said: "Sadly, there is no publicly available rush policy for The Piano Lesson. There's no lottery or SRO either - if you want to see the show, you have to buy a ticket the old-fashioned way.

That being said, even though there's nothing on the message boards yet, I'd be curious to know if anyone has found any last-minute ticket deals for the show.
"

They started doing rush tickets last week:

https://playbill.com/article/how-to-get-the-cheapest-tickets-to-the-piano-lesson-on-broadway

Lumiere2 Profile Photo
Lumiere2
#4Piano Lesson Rush
Posted: 10/28/22 at 12:17pm

Hadn't seen this - but that's great news. It seemed silly not to have any form of rush/SRO/lottery for the first six weeks. Glad they finally started something.

In The Jackson Heights
#5Piano Lesson Rush
Posted: 10/30/22 at 7:44am

I won the lottery for yesterday's matinee, on my third try.  It was very slightly obstructed because I was in a box but otherwise a great seat.  

supersam1026 Profile Photo
supersam1026
#6Piano Lesson Rush
Posted: 10/30/22 at 11:49am

Got to the box office yesterday (Saturday, 10/29) around 12:15pm and was able to get a rush ticket for the evening show, Orchestra A8. REALLY fantastic seat. Did not miss a thing! Only complaint is one of the lights felt like it was directly pointed at my eyes at some times which was a bit distracting

PipingHotPiccolo
#7Piano Lesson Rush
Posted: 10/30/22 at 2:42pm

Surprised how empty the seating charts look on telecharge... the front mezz looks almost entirely empty weeknights this week, for example. Might be worth a TDF gamble. 

BroadwayLuv2 Profile Photo
BroadwayLuv2
#8Piano Lesson Rush
Posted: 10/30/22 at 10:49pm

Went to the box office today (Sunday) around 1pm.  Got 2 tickets for the matinee in Box D (Front box on right side).  View was very good and didn't miss anything. 

dave1606
#9Piano Lesson Rush
Posted: 10/31/22 at 10:25am

I rushed on Saturday also. I got there at 9am and was 4th in line. by the time the box office opened there were 10 people. I orchestra row D on the side which was a bit partial view. I'd pick orchestra right if given the choice as I'd have liked to see more than the piano. That said it was great to be that close and I really loved the show. 

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#10Piano Lesson Rush
Posted: 11/10/22 at 11:34am

Rushed yesterday, arrived 10 minutes before box office opened and was about 5 people back. Got C14 on the side for the evening show - $37. The three seats next to me were empty just before the show started so I scooted along for a really great view, though I recon it would have been totally fine in the far side too.

Lumiere2 Profile Photo
Lumiere2
#11Piano Lesson Rush
Posted: 11/12/22 at 2:59pm

Can now report back! Was there last Sunday afternoon and got rear mezzanine, row A, seats 17 and 19 for $37 each. Got them an hour prior to curtain.

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#12Piano Lesson Rush
Posted: 12/8/22 at 3:14pm

Has anybody Rushed recently? I'm thinking of going this Saturday for the matinee, but it's gonna be a long day (Museum of Broadway, hopefully this show, an event in the early evening, and then Collaboration at night), so I would love to not have to wake up at 7:00 am and wait in the cold for a few hours too! 

expectingtheworst
#13Piano Lesson Rush
Posted: 1/8/23 at 8:29pm

I heard from someone who works in press that Samuel L. Jackson will be out of the show Weds - Saturday this week, if you purchased telecharge you'll get an email on the 9th. 

Just wanted to let y'all know in case people were going specifically fpr him,

BMcGregor
#14Piano Lesson Rush
Posted: 1/8/23 at 8:50pm

expectingtheworst said: "I heard from someone who works in press that Samuel L. Jackson will be out of the show Weds - Saturday this week, if you purchased telecharge you'll get an email on the 9th.

Just wanted to let y'all know in case people were going specifically fpr him,
"

Ouch, was coming to see this on Saturday. 

rpvee2
#15Piano Lesson Rush
Posted: 1/28/23 at 10:46am

Rushed it this morning. Started out with 15-20 people ahead of me around 8:00 AM, which already had me nervous, and then people had multiple friends joining them in line in the hour before the box office opened, which A) pissed me off, and B) made me more nervous. Miraculously, I was the last one to get a rush ticket, the final one available being for the matinee (Row E way off to the side, not bad at all).

I overheard that there'll be rush for tomorrow's final performance as well, that the line will have security, and that normal ticket prices will be higher (I specifically heard that a $249 seat will be $300).

This will be my first time at the Barrymore Theatre since the closing performance of The Band's Visit, a show I saw there 50 times. Gonna be nostalgic being back after almost four years!

RussT2
#16Piano Lesson Rush
Posted: 1/30/23 at 2:47pm

Saw the 3pm matinee on Jan 29th which was the closing performance. I thought the show was great, and I'd heard people comment that John David Washington was the weak link, but I thought he was great as was the entire cast. Sam Jackson was amazing as I expected him to be, but I think my favorite performer was Ray Fischer as Lymon.