Where’s WhizzerMarvin?

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#1Where’s WhizzerMarvin?
Posted: 11/3/22 at 11:00am

I know WhizzerMarvin commented at some point either during or before the pandemic (I lost all sense of time during the pandemic) saying they were traveling a lot (I think?) for work so hadn’t been attending theater much, but I was hoping at some point they’d return with their always insightful preview reviews. Even when I didn’t completely agree, I always appreciated the thoughtful analysis.

Unless I’ve missed it, WhizzerMarvin hasn’t posted in at least a couple years. Just wanted to say I miss their posts, but also I just hope WhizzerMarvin is doing okay. 

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#2Where’s WhizzerMarvin?
Posted: 11/3/22 at 11:15am

He’s alive and well. 

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#3Where’s WhizzerMarvin?
Posted: 11/3/22 at 11:35am

Jordan Catalano said: "He’s alive and well."

smiley

MysteriousLady
#4Where’s WhizzerMarvin?
Posted: 11/3/22 at 11:37am

Jordan Catalano said: "He’s alive and well."

And he's living in Paris? 

Jarethan
#5Where’s WhizzerMarvin?
Posted: 11/3/22 at 2:25pm

I had the same feeling as Miles.  I was going to post the same question but, probably reflecting my senior status, I couldn’t remember his name.  I really miss his reviews.  They were better than most critics who are paid to provide their feedback.

Jordan, it sounds like you must know him…please give him warm regards from the folks on this board.

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#6Where’s WhizzerMarvin?
Posted: 11/3/22 at 2:35pm

Jarethan said: "I had the same feeling as Miles. I was going to post the same question but, probably reflecting my senior status, I couldn’t remember his name. I really miss his reviews. They were better than most critics who are paid to provide their feedback.

Jordan, it sounds like you must know him…please give him warm regards from the folks on this board.
"

This...and he was one of the few "Legends" on this board who was always pleasant.  I can't remember him ever being rude much less ever having engaged in ad hominem attacks.  A very decent and polite person...I wish they would return.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#7Where’s WhizzerMarvin?
Posted: 11/3/22 at 2:40pm

His writing style just cannot be beat. I find it hard to believe he isn’t Ben Brantley under a pseudonym. 
When Lin-Manuel himself sings your praises, you know you’re legit. 

Oh look, a bibu!
Updated On: 11/3/22 at 02:40 PM

hearthemsing22
#8Where’s WhizzerMarvin?
Posted: 11/3/22 at 3:08pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "His writing style just cannot be beat. I find it hard to believe he isn’t Ben Brantley under a pseudonym.
When Lin-Manuel himself sings your praises, you know you’re legit.
"

...how do you know they're not? 

mwhaahahaha 

Kidding. 

Famebroadway2 Profile Photo
Famebroadway2
#9Where’s WhizzerMarvin?
Posted: 6/4/24 at 6:39pm

Oh how I miss those first preview reports. 

MysteriousLady
#10Where’s WhizzerMarvin?
Posted: 6/4/24 at 7:08pm

I think about him a lot. It's great that most of the obnoxious monsters have left this board, but there are several cool people that have disappeared as well. 

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#11Where’s WhizzerMarvin?
Posted: 6/4/24 at 8:20pm

I would love to work on a book of his reviews with him, a true legend on here.

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

SmokeyLady Profile Photo
SmokeyLady
#12Where’s WhizzerMarvin?
Posted: 6/4/24 at 8:24pm

MysteriousLady said: "I think about him a lot. It's great that most of the obnoxious monsters have left this board, but there are several cool people that have disappeared as well."

This board is dead .  

NYCtheaterguy
#13Where’s WhizzerMarvin?
Posted: 6/5/24 at 2:09pm

Where have people moved to for their fix of theatre commentary?

RUkiddingme
#14Where’s WhizzerMarvin?
Posted: 6/5/24 at 4:55pm

I miss Whizzer's long and detailed analysis of shows.

On the other end of the spectrum. I love that JowW guy who is able to sum up his thoughts so articulately in such a short space.

Joe Weinberg (@joe_weinberg) | TikTok

Bette's Turban Profile Photo
Bette's Turban
#15Where’s WhizzerMarvin?
Posted: 6/5/24 at 5:02pm

RUkiddingme said: "I miss Whizzer's long and detailed analysis of shows.

On the other end of the spectrum. I love that JowW guy who is able to sum up his thoughts so articulately in such a short space.

Joe Weinberg (@joe_weinberg) | TikTok

"

Meh.. those tokers give me a headache.

Videos