jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#1SQUARE ONE on Broadway Announcement Hoax
Posted: 12/14/22 at 9:10am

https://twitter.com/squareonebway/status/1603011935489908737

“12/15 at 10AM ”

Updated On: 12/15/22 at 09:10 AM

DCS
#2SQUARE ONE On Broadway Announcement Teased?
Posted: 12/14/22 at 9:16am

should be interesting...there certainly have been plenty of rumors floating around.  I would be surprised if it's coming for Spring 2023...I would think it's more likely for Fall

MayAudraBlessYou2 Profile Photo
MayAudraBlessYou2
#3SQUARE ONE On Broadway Announcement Teased?
Posted: 12/14/22 at 10:16am

I would think it would be the fall. If only b/c Nathan Lane seemed se set on continuing to give this show life (along with Bernadette). He already has a show this spring and I would think the team would want to keep Sondheim's original collaborators for the show intact if it was an option?

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#4SQUARE ONE On Broadway Announcement Teased?
Posted: 12/14/22 at 10:17am

This is extremely exciting.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#5SQUARE ONE On Broadway Announcement Teased?
Posted: 12/14/22 at 10:18am

Does an announcement at this time of year seem right for a fall opening or could it even be in the spring? If they could get someone like Mandy I don’t think they need Nathan. I guess we will find out tomorrow. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#6SQUARE ONE On Broadway Announcement Teased?
Posted: 12/14/22 at 10:20am

OMG

Ke3
#7SQUARE ONE On Broadway Announcement Teased?
Posted: 12/14/22 at 12:25pm

binau said: "Does an announcement at this time of year seem right for a fall opening or could it even be in the spring? If they could get someone like Mandy I don’t think they need Nathan. I guess we will find out tomorrow."

I think that they are quite dedicated to the stars they had at the reading.

halfhourcheckwithmerman
#8SQUARE ONE On Broadway Announcement Teased?
Posted: 12/14/22 at 12:44pm

I know this could be fake. But if it is, my heart will break.... 

I am so, so, thrilled. Ahh!!!!

"I feel safe with you, and complete with you / I'm always finding money in the street with you." -Sheldon Harnick

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#9SQUARE ONE On Broadway Announcement Teased?
Posted: 12/14/22 at 2:03pm

It has to be a fall 2023 opening. Given Nathan is still attached, his Pictures From Home is scheduled to end its run on July 2. 

Oh look, a bibu!

chrishuyen
#10SQUARE ONE On Broadway Announcement Teased?
Posted: 12/14/22 at 2:07pm

Did Pictures from Home change their schedule?  I also had July 2 written down but looking at tickets, it only goes til April 30 (still too late for Nathan Lane to be attached to Square One for a spring opening anyhow)

Georgeanddot2 Profile Photo
Georgeanddot2
#11SQUARE ONE On Broadway Announcement Teased?
Posted: 12/14/22 at 2:42pm

Who all was involved in the reading again? Bernadette, Lane, Simard, Jeremy Jordan?

StylishCynic
#12SQUARE ONE On Broadway Announcement Teased?
Posted: 12/14/22 at 3:27pm

Glenn Close and Matthew Morrison were involved in one of the readings prior to more recent Lane/Peters workshop. 

jacobsnchz14
halfhourcheckwithmerman
#14SQUARE ONE On Broadway Announcement Teased?
Posted: 12/15/22 at 9:01am

T-minus 1 hour. 

"I feel safe with you, and complete with you / I'm always finding money in the street with you." -Sheldon Harnick

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#15SQUARE ONE On Broadway Announcement Teased?
Posted: 12/15/22 at 9:08am

God, I hope this winds up being real.

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#16SQUARE ONE On Broadway Announcement Teased?
Posted: 12/15/22 at 9:11am

If they do announce the show with a theatre, I'm going to assume that it is a theatre that is currently open, or in a limited run, as there hasn't been a closing announcement for anything.

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

jacobsnchz14
#17SQUARE ONE On Broadway Announcement Teased?
Posted: 12/15/22 at 9:58am

The Twitter just posted. Tickets on sale at a later date. Just an announcement it’s happening…?

Updated On: 12/15/22 at 09:58 AM

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#18SQUARE ONE On Broadway Announcement Teased?
Posted: 12/15/22 at 10:00am

Bernadette and Nathan! YESSSS!

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#19SQUARE ONE On Broadway Announcement Teased?
Posted: 12/15/22 at 10:00am

amazing!!!!!!!!!!

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#20SQUARE ONE On Broadway Announcement Teased?
Posted: 12/15/22 at 10:01am

I am tempering my excitement until I see an official announcement from Playbill.

musikman Profile Photo
musikman
#21SQUARE ONE On Broadway Announcement Teased?
Posted: 12/15/22 at 10:02am

Not me crying at 10am on a thursday 

Eta: actually crying for believing this was real 

-There's the muddle in the middle. There's the puddle where the poodle did the piddle."
Updated On: 12/15/22 at 10:02 AM

iluvtheatertrash
#22SQUARE ONE On Broadway Announcement Teased?
Posted: 12/15/22 at 10:06am

Beginning to think this is not legitimate as no outlets are reporting it. 

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

inception Profile Photo
inception
#23SQUARE ONE On Broadway Announcement Teased?
Posted: 12/15/22 at 10:09am

I'm guessing this announcement is just to create hype & try to raise capital. 

multimattvids
#24SQUARE ONE On Broadway Announcement Teased?
Posted: 12/15/22 at 10:09am

Yeah I’m sorry and I hope that I’m wrong but this seems completely fake.

The domain is broken and while the instagram was made yesterday, the Twitter has been around since July 2022.

No theatre site or theatre journalist has posted about it yet (I know it’s only 10:07 but some are very quick) and they usually all get press releases.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#25SQUARE ONE On Broadway Announcement Teased?
Posted: 12/15/22 at 10:10am

All my Bernadette dreams except Mrs Lovett come true. I am so happy!

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000