Sing Street?

Voter Profile Photo
Voter
#1Sing Street?
Posted: 1/9/23 at 3:33pm

Is Sing Street ever going to come back to Broadway? Or will it join a unique number of shows that went into a theater but never opened (referring to pre-pandy). Curious if anyone has heard anything after the regional production. It seems it's going to have to cut in line in front of some of these other shows if it does want a theater. Is it coming or is it DOA?

There are like 3 other people called Voter on here, FYI. Deleted comment count: 12
Updated On: 1/9/23 at 03:33 PM

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#2Sing Street?
Posted: 1/9/23 at 3:35pm

Let It Go - Go GIF - Frozen Elsa Let It Go - Discover & Share GIFs

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

pethian Profile Photo
pethian
#3Sing Street?
Posted: 1/9/23 at 3:51pm

Voter said: "Is Sing Street ever going to come back to Broadway? Or will it join a unique number of shows that went into a theater but never opened (referring to pre-pandy).?"

I was wondering the same thing. I had assumed it would reclaim The Lyceum but apparently not. I can recall at least two other shows whose marquees went up but never went into previews--BUSKERS  and, in the early 70s, SMITH. Those two didn't have a pandemic to deal with, though.

barcelona20
#4Sing Street?
Posted: 1/9/23 at 3:57pm

Saw it in Boston and loved it but since most of the new shows are struggling, I find it hard to believe this will come in any time soon. I think it could get another regional production and/or be licensed and fairly popular amongst younger theater groups (albeit with a few tweaking).

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#5Sing Street?
Posted: 1/9/23 at 3:59pm

More recently, Rebecca had their Broadway marquee up and never played a single preview. 

Oh look, a bibu!

MayAudraBlessYou2 Profile Photo
MayAudraBlessYou2
#6Sing Street?
Posted: 1/9/23 at 4:16pm

Last I heard, Broadway plans had been abandoned. It's not coming.

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#7Sing Street?
Posted: 1/9/23 at 4:26pm

I had heard they were interested in the Jacobs but so were a few different shows. 

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

Hamilfan2
#8Sing Street?
Posted: 1/9/23 at 6:06pm

ClumsyDude15 said: "I had heard they were interested in the Jacobs but so were a few different shows."

I’ve heard Parade has landed at the Jacobs

VernonGersch Profile Photo
VernonGersch
#9Sing Street?
Posted: 1/9/23 at 6:30pm

awwww, bummer.  I really enjoyed this when I caught in Boston.

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#10Sing Street?
Posted: 1/10/23 at 1:46am

Hamilfan2 said: "ClumsyDude15 said: "I had heard they were interested in the Jacobs but so were a few different shows."

I’ve heard Parade has landed at the Jacobs
"

Yep, me too. I do hope Sing Street does make its way to Broadway or maybe even off Broadway, I really enjoyed the cast recording and would love to see the show. 

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.
Updated On: 1/10/23 at 01:46 AM

B212323
#11Sing Street?
Posted: 1/10/23 at 3:31pm

bummer - I enjoy the OBCR.