Sweeney Todd Standing Room

Lumiere2 Profile Photo
Lumiere2
#1Sweeney Todd Standing Room
Posted: 4/4/23 at 1:23pm

Based on Broadway grosses reports, it's clear that Sweeney Todd has been selling Standing Room Only tickets. Does anyone know what the price is? How many are available? What time they go on sale? Thanks for your help!

hollebolle
#2Sweeney Todd Standing Room
Posted: 4/4/23 at 2:02pm

$40 each, 12 spots I believe 

52889j
#3Sweeney Todd Standing Room
Posted: 4/14/23 at 10:34am

Anyone have reports? I’ve heard people are getting them late afternoon/evening because they’re pretty firm on the show being sold out first. 

yyys
#4Sweeney Todd Standing Room
Posted: 4/14/23 at 10:42am

This sounds like Funny Girl standing room wherein they sell close to showtime....i did it once and sold it to us at 2:50 pm on a Sunday (show at 3).

JoeW4 Profile Photo
JoeW4
#5Sweeney Todd Standing Room
Posted: 4/14/23 at 11:44am

I think my experience might have been an anomaly, but I might as well mention it:

I stopped by the box office around 3pm on a Wednesday, and they had 6 slots remaining. The box office employee was willing to sell me one right then and there, but at that point I didn't think i was able to make it that night (I was mostly just there to collect data). But when my evening opened up, I ended up stopping by the box office at 7:40pm for an 8pm show, and I got the last one.

But I imagine as word spreads, they'll start selling out more quickly.

Also worth noting: I had the spot furthest house right, and because of the way the floor slopes, the wall was very tall. I'm 5'10" and even I had to lift my arms up pretty high to be able to lean on it. I want to say it came up to my neck, maybe even to my chin. If you're on the shorter side, you might consider doing anything you can to avoid the first and last spots.

PanaroFan111
#6Sweeney Todd Standing Room
Posted: 4/28/23 at 6:44pm

Any updates? I was thinking about next Wed matinee, what time you suggest to show up at the BO? Are they offering rush as well?

yyys
#7Sweeney Todd Standing Room
Posted: 4/28/23 at 11:28pm

See if tickets are close to sold out first....if not, they will likely not sell standing room...

I inquired on a Sunday before the matinee I attended.  It was sold out and the BO told me they sold the standing room right at noon.

PanaroFan111 said: "Any updates? I was thinking about next Wed matinee, what time you suggest to show up at the BO? Are they offering rush as well?"

Updated On: 4/28/23 at 11:28 PM

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#8Sweeney Todd Standing Room
Posted: 4/30/23 at 4:56pm

Even when it's sold out on Ticketmaster, sometimes it's not 'sold out' if that makes sense. I went to the box office a few days ago to grab SRO. I was 8th in line when the box office opened at 10am but they were selling a few $99 seats (rear orch) and $299 seats (center orch). If you wanted SRO, you had to form another line in the box office lobby. While waiting in the box office lobby, ticketmaster was still showing sold out (except for verified resale.)

A Justified Bean Profile Photo
A Justified Bean
#9Sweeney Todd Standing Room
Posted: 5/1/23 at 11:31am

Echoing JoeW4, when I went to the box office the very nice person in the window showed me a rough estimate of where the wall would be, and unfortunately at 5'3" it looks like I am not tall enough to ride the ride.  He said that I might be able to see over the shorter part of the wall, but that meant I definitely needed to be first in line.  That said, it was a very helpful visual and for shorter folks, it might be worth talking to the box office before trying to get SRO.  I ended up just getting a seat to see it again.

He also mentioned that if they get any cancellations for that day, they all have to sell before they'll start selling SRO, but they often sell out.

The slotted spoon can catch the potato.
Updated On: 5/1/23 at 11:31 AM

bekk99 Profile Photo
bekk99
#10Sweeney Todd Standing Room
Posted: 5/1/23 at 4:54pm

A couple weeks ago, we went on a Thursday when it was already showing as sold out online. Got there a few minutes before 10, with 5 or 6 people in front of us. They started selling by 10:15, and we were able to get 4 for our group on the house right side. Perfect view for us with heights between 5'6" and 5'10". You only miss a bit of business (and a verse) in 2-3 scenes that happens higher up on stage.

broadwayboy222 Profile Photo
broadwayboy222
#11Sweeney Todd Standing Room
Posted: 5/4/23 at 12:00pm

Might be a silly question, but do they count the “Verified Resale” tickets being sold as the show not being sold out? Was checking availability on Ticketmaster to see what the odds of SRO being sold would be and noticed a few of the shows only having the “Verified Resale” seats being sold and wasn’t sure if I could count that as the show being sold out of tickets sold from the venue? 

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#12Sweeney Todd Standing Room
Posted: 5/4/23 at 12:36pm

broadwayboy222 said: "Might be a silly question, but do they count the “Verified Resale” tickets being sold as the show not being sold out? Was checking availability on Ticketmaster to see what the odds of SRO being sold would be and noticed a few of the shows only having the “Verified Resale” seats being sold and wasn’t sure if I could count that as the show being sold out of tickets sold from the venue?"

They count “verified resale” seats online as sold.

yyys
#13Sweeney Todd Standing Room
Posted: 5/4/23 at 4:17pm

If you are really interested in SRO, just go the box office 90 minutes before box office opens. This past Sunday they sold SRO at noon. Majority of the shows are expected to sell out so they end up selling anyway.

Wick3 said: "broadwayboy222 said: "Might be a silly question, but do they count the “Verified Resale” tickets being sold as the show not being sold out? Was checking availability on Ticketmaster to see what the odds of SRO being sold would be and noticed a few of the shows only having the “Verified Resale” seats being sold and wasn’t sure if I could count that as the show being sold out of tickets sold from the venue?"

They count “verified resale” seats online as sold.

"

qafgenius122
#14Sweeney Todd Standing Room
Posted: 5/4/23 at 5:08pm

My experience I also think was a bit unique. I stopped by on Wednesday 4/5, a 2 show day, and got to the box office around 10:30 moreso to inquire about standing room, as I had planned to wait in a semi-line closer to showtime waiting for the evening show to sell out. 

I heard someone ask about standing room for the matinee and the box office said the show wasn’t sold out so they couldn’t sell tickets. I then inquired about the evening and they were already sold out, so I bought a standing room ticket at 10:30. Given my spot, I was likely the first one sold, as I was spot number one, house left. A great view for $40, with no complaints from me.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#15Sweeney Todd Standing Room
Posted: 9/10/23 at 12:04pm

Has anyone do SRO recently? Thinking of trying next weekend.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#16Sweeney Todd Standing Room
Posted: 1/11/24 at 12:37am

Has anyone tried this recently?

Videos