pixeltracker

Broadway Bares Hit the Strip Sunday

Broadway Bares Hit the Strip Sunday

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#1Broadway Bares Hit the Strip Sunday
Posted: 6/19/24 at 2:24pm

Who's going? Group of us going to the 9:30 show. I think this is possibly the 12th time going over all these years -  Always a blast!

https://broadwaycares.org/pre-event/broadway-bares-2024/

Broadway Bares Hit the Strip Sunday

 


"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#2Broadway Bares Hit the Strip Sunday
Posted: 6/19/24 at 11:19pm

I wish broadway bets would be bigger than it is.  They should allow everyone in and they’d make even more money. And what happened to Broadway Bingo

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#3Broadway Bares Hit the Strip Sunday
Posted: 6/19/24 at 11:31pm

It is a fun evening though if you're going to do general admission floor standing, hopefully you're tall! I went to Broadway Bares 20 years ago when floor standing room general admission entry was $40. It was a lot of fun but my legs were definitely tired after the show. 

Nowadays I'd rather donate my money at Bway flea in the fall (I believe it's on Sept 22nd this year!)

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#4Broadway Bares Hit the Strip Sunday
Posted: 6/20/24 at 11:43pm

Wick3 said: "It is a fun evening though if you're going to do general admission floor standing, hopefully you're tall! I went to Broadway Bares 20 years ago when floor standing room general admission entry was $40. It was a lot of fun but my legs were definitely tired after the show.

Nowadays I'd rather donatemy money atBway flea in the fall (I believe it's on Sept 22nd this year!)
"

 

Nobody is going? Come on support BCEFA it's TD. Balcony and floor only $75 & $125


"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

MrsSallyAdams Profile Photo
MrsSallyAdams
#5Broadway Bares Hit the Strip Sunday
Posted: 6/24/24 at 11:59am

So what was the verdict? It's been a few years since there was a highly discussed number. (Partly because BoyCulture Magazine pulled most of their footage off of YouTube.)


threepanelmusicals.blogspot.com

SeanD2
#6Broadway Bares Hit the Strip Sunday
Posted: 6/24/24 at 1:11pm

Robbie2 said: "Wick3 said: "It is a fun evening though if you're going to do general admission floor standing, hopefully you're tall! I went to Broadway Bares 20 years ago when floor standing room general admission entry was $40. It was a lot of fun but my legs were definitely tired after the show.

Nowadays I'd rather donatemy money atBway flea in the fall (I believe it's on Sept 22nd this year!)
"



Nobody is going? Come on support BCEFA it's TD. Balcony and floor only $75 & $125
"

Sorry, in 2024 I have no interest in the objectification of the human body to raise money. Between promoting body shaming and creating an environment where assault is possible (DC's equivalent fundraiser had to be shut down due to the behavior of organizers towards participants), it's just not an event BCEFA should continue to hold or benefit from. There are much safer and more inclusive ways BCEFA can raise money.

BorisTomashevsky
#7Broadway Bares Hit the Strip Sunday
Posted: 6/24/24 at 1:24pm

SeanD2 said: "There are much safer and more inclusive ways BCEFA can raise money."

What are some of those ways, and would they raise as much?

BorisTomashevsky
#8Broadway Bares Hit the Strip Sunday
Posted: 6/25/24 at 11:45pm

They raised $2,259,134 but let’s cancel it because peoples’ feelings are being hurt. 

BJR Profile Photo
BJR
#9Broadway Bares Hit the Strip Sunday
Posted: 6/26/24 at 8:18am

SeanD2 said: "Sorry, in 2024 I have no interest in the objectification of the human body to raise money. Between promoting body shaming and creating an environment where assault is possible (DC's equivalent fundraiser had to be shut down due to the behavior of organizers towards participants), it's just not an event BCEFA should continue to hold or benefit from. There are much safer and more inclusive ways BCEFA can raise money."

People are allowed to consent to their bodies being objectified. That's allowed, and I wouldn't want to live in a society where that was forbidden because you don't like it.

First of all, stripping is still a profession. (It's 2024 and "Sex work is real work."Broadway Bares Hit the Strip Sunday So, doing it for charity seems wonderful to me.

Updated On: 6/26/24 at 08:18 AM

MrsSallyAdams Profile Photo
MrsSallyAdams
#10Broadway Bares Hit the Strip Sunday
Posted: 6/26/24 at 8:31am

In a world where queer desire is still demonized this celebration of it can feel like a political act. That was part of the intent when the show launched during the AIDS epidemic.

I haven’t found any reviews of this month’s show but I know BCEFA will post a highlights clip in a week or so.


threepanelmusicals.blogspot.com

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#11Broadway Bares Hit the Strip Sunday
Posted: 6/26/24 at 11:32am

I've noticed (and I'll admit, enjoyed) that the women of Broadway are becoming increasingly featured in these things. It's not quite as focused on being purely a showcase for male beefcake as in years past; the same movement towards a joyful pansexual hedonism that we've seen in the rebranded/reimagined Playboy franchise since 2016.

The only real difference is that here in the arts, I think people will cheer it on with a "all love is lovely, all sex is sexy," while the comments under anything on Playboy's Insta or Facebook that flirts with queerness (or openly embraces it) will make unfounded claims that "Hugh Hefner would be disgusted." (Hef was problematic, I won't deny, but he was extremely progressive in his views on human sexuality.)

MrsSallyAdams Profile Photo
MrsSallyAdams
#12Broadway Bares Hit the Strip Sunday
Posted: 6/27/24 at 10:44am

Official clips and photos from this month's show are now online. I don't recognize any of their regular stars but getting new blood in is fine. They don't seem to have concocted many scenarios this time about. I think the best Bares numbers are the ones that develop a story and characters. It's what sets the show apart from other burlesque revues.


threepanelmusicals.blogspot.com
Updated On: 6/27/24 at 10:44 AM

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#13Broadway Bares Hit the Strip Sunday
Posted: 6/27/24 at 11:04am

SeanD2 said: "Sorry, in 2024 I have no interest in the objectification of the human body to raise money. Between promoting body shaming and creating an environment where assault is possible (DC's equivalent fundraiser had to be shut down due to the behavior of organizers towards participants), it's just not an event BCEFA should continue to hold or benefit from. There are much safer and more inclusive ways BCEFA can raise money."

I don't know if you know this, but BCEFA does in fact hold MANY different avenues to raise money every year and this is just one of them! Crazy I know. There is nothing body shaming about Broadway Bares and there have been no reports of assault by these organizers so what is even the relevance of THAT claim here? Get the stick out of your ass and go get laid, please. You're so uptight. 

YvanEhtNioj Profile Photo
YvanEhtNioj
#14Broadway Bares Hit the Strip Sunday
Posted: 6/27/24 at 11:15am

SeanD2 said: "

Sorry, in 2024 I have no interest in the objectification of the human body to raise money. Between promoting body shaming and creating an environment where assault is possible (DC's equivalent fundraiser had to be shut down due to the behavior of organizers towards participants), it's just not an event BCEFA should continue to hold or benefit from. There are much safer and more inclusive ways BCEFA can raise money."

Please go touch grass. 

 


Miss Keisha? Miss Keisha? Miss Keishhhaaaa?

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#15Broadway Bares Hit the Strip Sunday
Posted: 6/27/24 at 11:16am

They raised almost $2.3 million dollars this year and have hundreds of people volunteering and clamoring to be part of it- if many folks had a problem with it, they’ve got a weird way of showing it. 


"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

JSquared2
#16Broadway Bares Hit the Strip Sunday
Posted: 6/27/24 at 11:33am

SeanD2 said: "Robbie2 said: "Wick3 said: "It is a fun evening though if you're going to do general admission floor standing, hopefully you're tall! I went to Broadway Bares 20 years ago when floor standing room general admission entry was $40. It was a lot of fun but my legs were definitely tired after the show.

Nowadays I'd rather donatemy money atBway flea in the fall (I believe it's on Sept 22nd this year!)
"



Nobody is going? Come on support BCEFA it's TD. Balcony and floor only $75 & $125
"

Sorry, in 2024 I have no interest in the objectification of the human body to raise money. Between promoting body shaming and creating an environment where assault is possible (DC's equivalent fundraiser had to be shut down due to the behavior of organizers towards participants), it's just not an event BCEFA should continue to hold or benefit from. There are much safer and more inclusive ways BCEFA can raise money.
"

 

 

Ray Liotta Laughing GIFs | Tenor


Videos