Incoming new musicals

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#1Incoming new musicals
Posted: 7/1/24 at 11:10pm

Hippest Trip, Smash, Sinatra, Buena Vista Social Club, Operation Mincemeat, Real Women Have Curves, The Preacher’s Wife, Dead Outlaw, The Secret Life of Bees, The Queen of Versailles, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, Galileo, In Dreams, The Bedwetter, Gun & Powder, Gatsby, Teeth, White Girl in Danger, The Connector, Here We Are, Summer Stock, Private Jones, The 12, Sing Street, Destiny of Desire, Opening Night, Burlesque, The Witches, Hercules, Standing at the Sky’s Edge, The Devil Wears Prada, Ride, Two Strangers, Come Fall In Love, Monsoon Wedding, The Wanderer, Soft Power, Kiss my Aztec, The Karate Kid, To Wong Foo, The Violet Hour, Death Note, Your Lie in April, Fortress of Solitude, Ride the Cyclone

what’s the scoop on these

Updated On: 7/2/24 at 11:10 PM

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#2Incoming new musicals
Posted: 7/1/24 at 11:30pm

Hippest Trip, Smash, Buena Vista, Preacher’s Wife, Mincemeat, Dead Outlaw, and QOV should all be coming in this season. G&P might also announce sometime this month — they’re not performing at BroadwayCon this year for nothing. 

2025-26 is looking very jukebox heavy already: Johnny and June, Sinatra, Purple Rain, Burlesque, Lord of the Rings, perhaps Just for One Day / Fangirls / Mad Hatter. 

Gatsby comes in soon after the Bruni production closes, whenever that may be. Not sure about Real Women Have Curves at this point, but I won’t be surprised if that takes a NY house too. 

Stay tuned, and buckle up. 

Oh look, a bibu!
Updated On: 7/1/24 at 11:30 PM

Chaz Hands
#3Incoming new musicals
Posted: 7/1/24 at 11:37pm

It wasn’t listed above, but Alliance Theater’s Trading Places is launching a national tour in 2025-2026 according to Broadway & Beyond Theatricals.

Broadway Flash
#4Incoming new musicals
Posted: 7/2/24 at 12:04am

I don’t think there will be as many houses available this season given how many successful shows there are from last season.  Theres also more musical revivals and new plays this season too. I wouldn’t be surprised if we get less than 10 new musicals. 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#5Incoming new musicals
Posted: 7/2/24 at 12:05am

I forgot about Hello I’m Dolly, spring 2026 as was announced. 

Oh look, a bibu!

Ensemble1713386029
#6Incoming new musicals
Posted: 7/2/24 at 7:34am

Whats G&P?????

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#7Incoming new musicals
Posted: 7/2/24 at 7:39am

>Whats G&P?????<

Gun & Powder

>I don’t think there will be as many houses available this season given how many successful shows there are from last season. <

More than a dozen houses will turn over for spring shows. 

>I wouldn’t be surprised if we get less than 10 new musicals. <

We have nine already announced, and several on EDSOSLO858's list are announcing soon. 

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

Broadway Flash
#8Incoming new musicals
Posted: 7/2/24 at 7:51am

Only 8 have announced.  I keep forgetting the Sondheim revue.  

Updated On: 7/2/24 at 07:51 AM

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#9Incoming new musicals
Posted: 7/2/24 at 8:18am

A Wonderful World
Boop!
Death Becomes Her
Maybe Happy Ending
Old Friends
Redwood
Smash
Swept Away
Tammy Faye

That's nine. Smash has "Spring 2025" listed at the top of their website.  

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

bigbelterbaby
#10Incoming new musicals
Posted: 7/2/24 at 8:52am

Broadway Flash said: "Hippest Trip, Smash, Sinatra,Buena Vista Social Club, Operation Mincemeat, Real Women Have Curves, The Preacher’s Wife, Dead Outlaw, The Secret Life of Bees, The Queen of Versailles, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, Galileo, In Dreams, The Bedwetter, Gun & Powder, Gatsby, Teeth, White Girl in Danger, The Connector, Here We Are, Summer Stock, Private Jones, The 12, Sing Street, Destiny of Desire, Opening Night, Burlesque, The Witches, Hercules, Standing at the Sky’s Edge, The Devil Wears Prada, Ride, Two Strangers, Come Fall In Love, Monsoon Wedding, The Wanderer, Soft Power, Kiss my Aztec, The Karate Kid, To Wong Foo, The Violet Hour, Death Note, Your Lie in April, Fortress of Solitude

what’s the scoop on these
"

Some more new musicals out there, The Lost Boys (promoted on the Tonys) Take The Lead and Mystic Pizza (Papermill) Muhammad Ali Musical, I’m Every Woman The Chaka Kahn Musical, Millions at the Alliance, Becoming Nancy (getting workshopped in UK by Jerry Mitchell)  The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is likely to transfer after its West End run, The Artist musical after it transfers to the West End, Empire Records (premieres this fall regional) Ken Davenport said he will continue workshopping the Joy Mangano musical soon.

some other shows floating out there, In Pieces, Wild About You, Amber Ruffins “Big Foot”, Beaches, Thelma and Louise, Maggie, My Best Friends Wedding, Three Houses, The Lonely Few, 

Hesione Hushabye thinks it tastes like ashes.

inception Profile Photo
inception
#11Incoming new musicals
Posted: 7/2/24 at 9:27am

Some of the shows on that list are long dead.  Fortress of Solitude played the Public in 2014.  There's an album at least.  But it just wasn't great.  Creatives involved are either dead (composer Friedman) or moved on. 

Director Daniel Aukin was most recently focused on a little show called Stereophonic; and choreographer Camille A. Brown has had her hand in a few things as well including Hell's Kitchen.

Edit: Also bookwriter Itmar Moses is probably more focused on his newer  original work Dead Outlaw.

Even a failed show has its positives when the people involved learn lessons that they then use to create new works that are more successful - by that I mean works that tell their stories more successfully, & not how they do financially. 

Updated On: 7/2/24 at 09:27 AM

Broadway Flash
#12Incoming new musicals
Posted: 7/2/24 at 12:51pm

If the show hasn’t even had a production yet, I didn’t include it on the list. I know there’s lots of musicals in development.  I heard Fortress of Solitude was being picked up again with Andre DeSheilds. I could see Smash, Hippest Trip, Queen of Versailles, and Operation Mincemeat, maybe gun and powder coming in this season.  I still don’t think it’ll be as many as last season. 

tacotheatrelover Profile Photo
tacotheatrelover
#13Incoming new musicals
Posted: 7/2/24 at 1:01pm

i need your lie in april to happen. I've read the manga, I rewatch the anime every year in april and I cry worse ever single year. I don't know if it'll happen but please please please please please please please please please

Mr. Wormwood Profile Photo
Mr. Wormwood
#14Incoming new musicals
Posted: 7/2/24 at 4:23pm

I haven't really been paying attention but is there still speculation that Hercules will replace Aladdin following its West End run?

bryan32
#15Incoming new musicals
Posted: 7/2/24 at 10:34pm

what about the show diner

Broadway Flash
#16Incoming new musicals
Posted: 7/2/24 at 11:30pm

Wasn’t Come Fall in Love the runner up for the Imperial?  I could see that coming to Broadway soon

CoffeeBreak Profile Photo
CoffeeBreak
#17Incoming new musicals
Posted: 7/3/24 at 12:05am

Mr. Wormwood said: "I haven't really been paying attention but is there still speculation that Hercules will replace Aladdin following its West End run?"

This could come to NYC since the firing of deBessonet now may wield a stronger production. Depends on the Nicholaw production developments from Hamburg to '25 West End.  As for replacing Aladdin, it seems to be doing fine?

Updated On: 7/3/24 at 12:05 AM

Videos