pixeltracker

nicest person @ stage door....- Page 3

nicest person @ stage door....

marincrazy11 Profile Photo
marincrazy11
#50re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 12:48am

Donna was fabulous after Wonderful Town. Love her!

"Did you know that if you take the first two vowels in Olive and rearrange them it spells I-Love?"-Spelling Bee "It's night like this that hotel bars were specifically made." Light In The Piazza

Mamie Profile Photo
Mamie
#51re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 12:53am

Lynn Redgrave and Daniel Davis. Neither was in a musical but both were more than gracious at the stage doors. (I've met both of them on more than one occasion and they've always been super-nice.)

www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03

Luckydave14
#52re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 1:00am

Jennifer Laura Thompson from Wicked. She always stops and signs and takes pictures and we talked for like 5 minutes. She was so nice.

BwayLover Profile Photo
BwayLover
#53re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 4:33am

Donna Murphy was just so incredibly kind and gracious every time I met her- she's a total sweetheart! She signs for every single person and takes pictures with anyone who asks, even if it takes her ages to leave the theater.
Tovah Feldshue is great, too- very down to earth.

Also Louise Pitre, back when she was in Mamma Mia, was fabulous. Very, very gracious.

"Years from now, when you talk about this - And you will - Be kind. "
Updated On: 8/31/04 at 04:33 AM

shira467 Profile Photo
shira467
#54re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 4:42am

Donna Murphy was a doll. The Millie Cast was awesome. Same for Urinetown and LSOH. I guess happy and campy musicals breed happy people?

Also, Kristin Chenoweth is a sweetie.

However, tops right now go to Susan Egan. She remembered me from a letter, and was as excited to meet me as I was to meet her. Just one of the most gracious women, EVER.

Deet: Shira, I Love You!

TabooWickedFan Profile Photo
TabooWickedFan
#55re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 6:58am

Cheyenne Jackson
Jeffrey Carlson
Euan Morton
Cary Shields
Sebastian Arcelus
Justin Johnston
karmine alers...the whole rent(except frenchie) and taboo cast

"But I relish every brillant inspired moment. This is who I'm determined to be- an actor/singer/dancer-no, I take that back, this is who I am. These people are my tribe, my destiny. I know it. -How I Paid for College; A story of sex, theft, friendship and musical theater.

Elphaba984 Profile Photo
Elphaba984
#56re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 7:24am

to those who said Hugh Jackman, yes i have to agree there... such a sweet guy. and for the amount of fans he has he takes the time to sign autographs and talk with them for a while.

"You can't stop someone who wants to be an artist. If they're going to do it, they're going to do it... Work as hard as you can on the things you can work on. Until it seems like there is no possible chance you're going to succeed, don't give up." ~ANDREW ASNES avatar: me and jason gillman... in the pouring rain.

Aaron27 Profile Photo
Aaron27
#57re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 8:11am

Even though I didn't meet her after the show, I agree with everyone about Susan Egan. My bf saw her and was talking to me while waiting for her to come out, and she grabbed the phone from his hand and just started talking to me. She has got to be the sweetest girl out there.

Yankeefan007
#58re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 8:35am

she was nice - i posted my story about meeting her at the theater circle store a few weeks ago.

theatregirl
#59re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 8:48am

I would have to agree with the Isabel Keating, Stephanie Block and Hugh Jackman posts. Michael Mulheren as well (and he's quite funny)
I would add Bernadette Peters and John Dossett. I was sitting in the front row at "Gypsy" and the recognized me at the stage door and I had a little chat with both of them!

NBRISBY Profile Photo
NBRISBY
#60re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 10:21am

Sutton Foster - easily the nicest...what other Tony winner is there just nothing bad to say about?

Eden Espinosa
Audra McDonald
Stephanie Block

#61re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 10:51am

Kristen Chenoweth- She let me pet her little dog!
The Cast of Dracula- they are all so kind and all take time to talk to almost everyone!

tthomas76 Profile Photo
tthomas76
#62re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 11:14am

Ok I've met a lot so I'm trying to keep it down to a minimum. Plus, everyone overall has been great!

Stephanie J. Block
Tracy Jai Edwards
Sutton Foster
Patti Lupone - met several times
Cast of Ave Q
Bernadette Peters- signed everyones playbills,etc. ALOT OF people.
Hugh Jackman

WiCkEd4LyFfE
#63re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 11:40am

Broadwaychild89
Kristin had her dog at the stage door?

*Kristen*

Britt0913 Profile Photo
Britt0913
#64re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 11:40am

Definitely Raul Esparza for me. I met him at the TABOO stage door the night before closing and he was very nice, but it was crowded and lots of people were trying to talk, get autographs, etc. But I met him after THE NORMAL HEART back in April and we talked for a while since no one else had waited. Very sweet and down to earth guy. Plus, he's sooooo unbelievably adorable!!!

Emutional Profile Photo
Emutional
#65re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 11:43am

Kristin used to bring her dog often...then she wasn't allowed to anymore so she stopped bringing her. Shame, aint it?

CJR
#66re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 11:47am

I'll second whomever it was that said John Dossett and add his wife Michele Pawk. Two of the sweetest people I have the pleasure of knowing re: nicest person @ stage door....

"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

NBRISBY Profile Photo
NBRISBY
#67re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 11:52am

Kristin becomesLegally Blonde with every story I hear about her. Now she's carrying a dog. Next story I hear had better be that she got into law school, and will win a case with a fashion-based advocacy.

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#68re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 11:58am

There is a disproportionate amount of female Broadway stars who bring dogs to the theater with them. I'm very surprised Kristin's dog was eventually banned. That's quite unusual.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

Nydiva
#69re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 1:49pm

I know (as in fan/casual acquaintance) a good number of theatre folk, but I'd have to say Hugh Jackman is the most amazing at the stage door. I'd never have the fortitude or patience to face that kind of a mob scene EVERY day and be so unfailingly attentive and charming. One experience waiting amid the crowds was enough to give me the screaming willies. Major kudos to a star of the highest degree.

That said, I have my own personal list of people who are wonderful at stage doors:

(not in any order and not complete)

Carolee Carmello (and hubby Gregg Edelman)
Kaye Ballard
Judy Kaye
Bill Nolte
Daniel Marcus
Ken Jennings (if you wait for him long enough!)
John Cullum
Nick Wyman
Michael McCormick

And I've run out of time (but not names).

Nydiva

ponine24601
#70re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 1:54pm

omg i forgot eden!! *slaps herself* oh! christian borle was also a sweetheart.

"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon

Thoroughly Modern Cara Profile Photo
Thoroughly Modern Cara
#71re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 1:55pm

It's been said many times but Sutton Foster is so sweet. I've met her a few times and she is never anything but gracious.

Also Raul Esparza, Adam Pascal, Patrick Wilson, and I'm not a Wicked junkie by any means but I do have to say that Kristin was very sweet and accomodating to the huge crowd of people.

Mythus
#72re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 1:55pm

I've met, like, two people at the stage door, before. *sigh* But out of my experiences, the nicest person was Jacob Brent. It was at a local music theatre (North Shore Music Theatre), and they were doing a production of CATS with Jacob Brent (and I had a huge crush on him a few years ago, so of course I had to go see it twice). I missed him the first time, since it was a matinee, but the second time, he came out...it was great. He had two different kind of pens, I think, and he said, "Do you want black or silver?" Somehow, I managed to squeak, "Silver!" so now I have Jacob Brent's signature in SILVER SHARPIE.

Uh, excuse me while I go look at my Playbill and melt into a puddle of fangirlish goo.

shira467 Profile Photo
shira467
#73re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 2:26pm

Lol, I think I've done that before. Most recently my Candide playbill, and all the vintage one's I buy off ebay. I'm like "old shows! Yay!"

Deet: Shira, I Love You!

meagan9848 Profile Photo
meagan9848
#74re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 2:33pm

C
H
E
N
O

sorry, but she is. Granted I didn't meet her at the Wicked stage door, it was at the Boston Pops.

I also have to agree that Sean is great as is Eden.

When I met Idina she was really really nice but it was before Wicked was as big as it is now and there were only like 30 people at the stage door.

oh and MAGGIE BENJAMIN was right up there with Cheno, she talked with us for a good 15 minutes. It was grand.

That is all.

Oh, and I don't want to start another wicked/kristin thread so i'll just ask here, does anyone know where to get the pictures/screen caps from the Boston Pops? I'd love to see them as I was at the performance and missed it on TV re: nicest person @ stage door....

Idina: Somehow I got myself to the stage, came out at the end of the show, and I had some kind of closure.
Some guy: You looked great!
Idina: Thanks...I WAS SO HIGH! 8/21/05

Videos