pixeltracker

Christopher Reeve has died- Page 2

Christopher Reeve has died

cabarethed
#25re: Christopher Reeve has died
Posted: 10/11/04 at 8:56am

I don't cry often over celebrities dying, but this did it.

My condolences. re: Christopher Reeve has died

marincrazy11 Profile Photo
marincrazy11
#26re: Christopher Reeve has died
Posted: 10/11/04 at 9:12am

This is so sad. But thank God that we have had such amazing people like him to look up to. He will truly be missed.

"Did you know that if you take the first two vowels in Olive and rearrange them it spells I-Love?"-Spelling Bee "It's night like this that hotel bars were specifically made." Light In The Piazza

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#27re: Christopher Reeve has died
Posted: 10/11/04 at 9:14am

He took his personal tragedy as a sign to work for others so afflicted. His presence did so much for spinal cord research that might otherwise not have happened. How many others would have accomplished so much in such a short span? Memento Mori. Updated On: 10/11/04 at 09:14 AM

Broadwaylady Profile Photo
Broadwaylady
#28re: Christopher Reeve has died
Posted: 10/11/04 at 9:20am

So sad, he fought so hard to walk again. What a courageous man.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by moments that take our breath away." "Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."

wickedfan2 Profile Photo
wickedfan2
#29re: Christopher Reeve has died
Posted: 10/11/04 at 9:45am

I am in tears just reading this thread... What a courageous, wonderful, talented man he was......he will be missed.. re: Christopher Reeve has died

broadway86 Profile Photo
broadway86
#30re: Christopher Reeve has died
Posted: 10/11/04 at 10:11am

We've lost so many great performer's this week. I woke up this morning, turned on the TV, and almost cried my eyes out.

Such a great man.

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#31re: Christopher Reeve has died
Posted: 10/11/04 at 10:22am

re: Christopher Reeve has died

do_re_milla Profile Photo
do_re_milla
#32re: Christopher Reeve has died
Posted: 10/11/04 at 10:24am

I had only known CR when I was a student at Juilliard. He, Robin Williams and Kevin Kline were instrumental in my decision to audition there. After he'd become a Superman movie star, he was still a regular Joe, would talk to all the students who approached him. He put everyone at ease & seemed to make everyone he spoke with feel special by giving them his undivided attention.

When I rode the subway w/him at W.72nd St., I remember joking with him about the caped crusader taking the IRT to rehearsals.

A true hero. The world was a better place with him in it. I hope his fight for stem cell research helped to make a big difference and that those who are able will continue his work.

Milla

Chrysanthemum62001
#33re: Christopher Reeve has died
Posted: 10/11/04 at 10:32am

This is heartbreaking. My thoughts are with his family.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

WebSphinx Profile Photo
WebSphinx
#34re: Christopher Reeve has died
Posted: 10/11/04 at 10:36am

I'm very sad to hear of this.
He was determined to walk again; he was steadily and courageously working in that direction, and working to speed the medical studies that would lead to help for himself and others dealing with nerve damage and paralysis.
An admirable and good man, and a loss to us all.

Kris2 Profile Photo
Kris2
#35re: Christopher Reeve has died
Posted: 10/11/04 at 11:04am

I walked into my Intro to Theater class today and this is the first thing my teacher announced. I was shocked. I'm so incredibly sad to hear this. I always held out hope that he would walk again. His courage was truly inpiring. This hurts my heart. We lost a good man and a great actor. My condolences go out to his family and friends.

Superman is gone =*(

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#36re: Christopher Reeve has died
Posted: 10/11/04 at 11:14am

I heard this news this mornin on tv andm y mouth just dropped. It's really sad that a person who did so much just died. re: Christopher Reeve has died

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

Dollypop
#37re: Christopher Reeve has died
Posted: 10/11/04 at 11:20am

This news truly saddens me. I felt that Christopher was an exceptional actor with enormous range. He gave an outstanding performance in FIFTH OF JULY. I had the pleasure of meeting him afterwards. There were so many fans waiting for him that he set up a small desk backstage and met EVERYONE, signing autographs and shaking hands. You could tell that he genuinely liked meeting his admirers.

"May flights of angels sing him to his rest" (Shakespeare)

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

newyorkuniq Profile Photo
newyorkuniq
#38re: Christopher Reeve has died
Posted: 10/11/04 at 11:22am

Wow this is very sad and suprising.
I just saw a tv movie advertised last night that he had either directed or produced.

TGIF Profile Photo
TGIF
#39re: Christopher Reeve has died
Posted: 10/11/04 at 11:27am

Oh gosh, when i read the title of this thread I hoped it was a joke, or a rumor, or something. I had such hope for him that he would be able to walk again.

I want to write music. I want to sit down right now at my piano and write a song that people will listen to and remember and do the same thing every morning...for the rest of my life. - Jonathan Larson. Tick, Tick...BOOM!

#40re: Christopher Reeve has died
Posted: 10/11/04 at 11:29am

What a sad day for fans. He was such an inspirational person.

#41re: Christopher Reeve has died
Posted: 10/11/04 at 11:37am

He will be greatly missed, yet his struggles only gave hope to that many more....a truly amazing man..... RIP. Christopher

BroadwayDiva Profile Photo
BroadwayDiva
#42re: Christopher Reeve has died
Posted: 10/11/04 at 12:23pm

When I saw this thread, I did a double take, then turned on CNN. Wow. He will definitely be missed. He was such a great man.

I have my books and my poetry to protect me...

dotmarie Profile Photo
dotmarie
#43re: Christopher Reeve has died
Posted: 10/11/04 at 12:24pm

It's awful...I was shocked when I heard. =( He will be missed.

RIP Christopher Reeve.

Sant
#44re: Christopher Reeve has died
Posted: 10/11/04 at 12:56pm

Even though he was never my favourite actor I had such a tremendous respect for him because the way he didn't hide away after his accident! In public, he never complained 'why me?', never asked for sympathy, never felt sorry for himself. He always kept his positive attitude and his belief that one day he'd walk again. I can't help but admire his inner strength.

R.I.P., Mr Reeve.

QueenMuppet Profile Photo
QueenMuppet
#45re: Christopher Reeve has died
Posted: 10/11/04 at 1:34pm

This really shocked me. He was so strong and had all this believe and faith in himself. Terrible news.

QM

'He really wasn't good as Fieyro. Is it just me or does he sort of come across as a pimp? Just...the hand motions I've seen him do and the attitude..not that Taye is a pimp.' - SallyBrown on Taye Diggs as Fiyero

JJsugar
#46re: Christopher Reeve has died
Posted: 10/11/04 at 1:58pm

it's soo sad to hear this news!

Christopher Reeve was a real life Hero and he really was Superman! I do think God gave him the role as superman for a reason he is a Hero and inspiration to everyone!

you can honor Christopher by getting involved with your local community and they normally have Disabled Centers for people that have been in accidents or have health crisis! he had a great message for people to appreciate their health and not let the day to day stress get you down! also to have hope in the face of no hope and to beleive in miracles!

god bless christopher reeve he is and will continue to be a great inspiration to us all! next to princess diana i have to say i really loved christopher reeve and micheal j. fox some people just are Hero's and show us all the value of life and helping others in need what courage he had amazing!

he might have a website or a foundation i think if anyone wants to donate and help! but it is soo easy to pick up the phone and call your local family services in your community and ask about what can you do to help your local disability center do they need volunteers, food donations, and clothes? or just offer to help if you have the time and means! there are many people that are disabled and need others to reach out and lend a helping hand as a good neighbor!

Crazy4MattMorrison52 Profile Photo
Crazy4MattMorrison52
#47re: Christopher Reeve has died
Posted: 10/11/04 at 2:38pm

ah poor soul...i have a picture with his wax figure

"gimme a bottle of bourbon and half a chicken and i'll conquer the world!"

xluckystar2107x Profile Photo
xluckystar2107x
#48re: Christopher Reeve has died
Posted: 10/11/04 at 2:50pm

thats so sad. he was pretty young. superman found the kryptonite to be cliche.

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#49re: Christopher Reeve has died
Posted: 10/11/04 at 4:17pm

“Christopher was a hero to many people, yet he always said it was the ordinary people living with disability who were truly extraordinary." -Kathy Lewis, President and CEO of the Christopher Reeve Paralysis Foundation.