pixeltracker

Shows That You Have Never Heard and Should Almost Have Your Musical Theatre License Revoked For Not- Page 2

Shows That You Have Never Heard and Should Almost Have Your Musical Theatre License Revoked For Not

insomniak
#25re: Shows That You Have Never Heard and Should Almost Have Your Musical The
Posted: 11/1/04 at 8:34pm

*takes a deep breath*

Ok, I am running from the people with the pitchforks before I say this.

*dashes off to somewhere suitably far away like... maybe mars would be safe?*

I have never heard

Sweeny Todd.

LittleFish8386 Profile Photo
LittleFish8386
#26re: Shows That You Have Never Heard and Should Almost Have Your Musical The
Posted: 11/1/04 at 8:34pm

SITPWG is another one I am ashamed I've neve heard.

MyNameInLights Profile Photo
MyNameInLights
#27re: Shows That You Have Never Heard and Should Almost Have Your Musical The
Posted: 11/1/04 at 8:35pm

Does it count if you've only heard a few songs?

"The stage is where I live and come alive and act out all the things that go on in my life. It's not just what I do for a living, it's my shrink and my love affair. No one in my life has ever or ever will kiss me on the mouth like this lover called my relationship with my performance."

Skempp Profile Photo
Skempp
#28re: Shows That You Have Never Heard and Should Almost Have Your Musical The
Posted: 11/1/04 at 8:36pm

You guys are killing me! Some of these are such classics and you've never heard them...I'm depressed.

musicgal04 Profile Photo
musicgal04
#29re: Shows That You Have Never Heard and Should Almost Have Your Musical The
Posted: 11/1/04 at 8:38pm

I haven't listened to Sweeney Todd or The Producers.

Chrysanthemum62001
#30re: Shows That You Have Never Heard and Should Almost Have Your Musical The
Posted: 11/1/04 at 8:42pm

Passion

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

BroadwayDiva Profile Photo
BroadwayDiva
#31re: Shows That You Have Never Heard and Should Almost Have Your Musical The
Posted: 11/1/04 at 8:46pm

Merrily We Roll Along, A Little Night Music, Dreamgirls

I have my books and my poetry to protect me...

FabalaCohen
#32re: Shows That You Have Never Heard and Should Almost Have Your Musical The
Posted: 11/1/04 at 9:04pm

*gets prepared to be killed* As a disclaimer, I've only been exposed to Broadway for about 5 years, but still it's no excuse...but almost everything except Rent, Les Miz, Phantom, the rest of Cats, the Disney musicals, Hello Dolly, and Joseph. I also watched the original film version of the Producers but I don't think that can count.

Start the criticism.

"During this performance, please feel free to let your cell phones and pagers ring willy-nilly. However, do remember that there are heavily-armed knights on stage and you might well be dragged up and impaled." (Pre-curtain announcement at the new Broadway musical Monty Python's Spamalot)

MyNameInLights
#33re: Shows That You Have Never Heard and Should Almost Have Your Musical The
Posted: 11/1/04 at 9:17pm

Whoa!

"The stage is where I live and come alive and act out all the things that go on in my life. It's not just what I do for a living, it's my shrink and my love affair. No one in my life has ever or ever will kiss me on the mouth like this lover called my relationship with my performance."

My Fair Lady Profile Photo
My Fair Lady
#34re: Shows That You Have Never Heard and Should Almost Have Your Musical The
Posted: 11/1/04 at 9:23pm

Too many to name. But the most notable-Aida.

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#35re: Shows That You Have Never Heard and Should Almost Have Your Musical The
Posted: 11/1/04 at 9:26pm

do u really want the whole list?

south pacific
sweeny todd
les mis
cats
phantom
camelot
every Loesser ('cept Guys and Dolls)
hello dolly

... the list goes on and on!

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

Chrysanthemum62001
#36re: Shows That You Have Never Heard and Should Almost Have Your Musical The
Posted: 11/1/04 at 9:27pm

Broadway Diva... all three of those are amazing. I highly recommend you spend a few hours at Virgin one day listening to them. They really are great.
I just VERY recently got hooked on all three!

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

MyNameInLights
#37re: Shows That You Have Never Heard and Should Almost Have Your Musical The
Posted: 11/1/04 at 9:28pm

I'm with BroadwayDiva. I've only heard one or two songs from each.

FabalaCohen
#38re: Shows That You Have Never Heard and Should Almost Have Your Musical The
Posted: 11/1/04 at 9:36pm

Quick question, do film versions count? Because I have seen like Victor/Victoria, and My Fair Lady, and, of course, Chicago in that format. Just not the stage versions. (only ask because I have seen the full list of songs in Chicago and a lot got cut out from the film.)

"During this performance, please feel free to let your cell phones and pagers ring willy-nilly. However, do remember that there are heavily-armed knights on stage and you might well be dragged up and impaled." (Pre-curtain announcement at the new Broadway musical Monty Python's Spamalot)

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#39re: Shows That You Have Never Heard and Should Almost Have Your Musical The
Posted: 11/1/04 at 10:24pm

Fiddler On The Roof

Poster Emeritus

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#40re: Shows That You Have Never Heard and Should Almost Have Your Musical The
Posted: 11/1/04 at 10:46pm

I havn't heard a lot of Sondheim's score. The only full ones ive heard are Sunday in the Park with George and Assassins.

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

BroadwayMonkey Profile Photo
BroadwayMonkey
#41re: Shows That You Have Never Heard and Should Almost Have Your Musical The
Posted: 11/1/04 at 11:02pm

Don't murder me in my sleep, but....I have yet to hear the entire Les Mis cast recording. In fact, I've barely heard any.

Real men are tenors.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#42re: Shows That You Have Never Heard and Should Almost Have Your Musical The
Posted: 11/1/04 at 11:03pm

Priest is gonna kill me, but... Sunday in the Park With George. I never even gave it a thought until I saw the bits of it on Broadway: The American Musical. Now, it's on my wish list... re: Shows That You Have Never Heard and Should Almost Have Your Musical The

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#43re: Shows That You Have Never Heard and Should Almost Have Your Musical The
Posted: 11/1/04 at 11:05pm

Pippin

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#44re: Shows That You Have Never Heard and Should Almost Have Your Musical The
Posted: 11/1/04 at 11:12pm

I won't kill you for that one Matt... re: Shows That You Have Never Heard and Should Almost Have Your Musical The

OneBlazeOfGlory Profile Photo
OneBlazeOfGlory
#45re: Shows That You Have Never Heard and Should Almost Have Your Musical The
Posted: 11/1/04 at 11:19pm

Hedwig, Rocky Horror, most of Fiddler on the Roof, Sweeny Todd, Hairspray, And I bought the recording of Assassins bu haven't gotten around to listening to it yet... Also the only show I've seen live is the tour of Little Shop of Horrors. Haha how pathetic is that?

Here in this cold white room tied up to these machines, it's hard to imagine life as it used to be. Laughing, screaming, tumbling queen... Like the most amazing light show you've ever seen. Whirling, swirling, never blue... How could you go and die? What a selfish thing to do... RIP Jason

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#46re: Shows That You Have Never Heard and Should Almost Have Your Musical The
Posted: 11/2/04 at 12:35am

disclaimer- i've heard at least one song from most listed below
into the woods
gypsy
sweeney todd
mame
les mis
phantom of the opera
dreamgirls

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

gettinhep Profile Photo
gettinhep
#47re: Shows That You Have Never Heard and Should Almost Have Your Musical The
Posted: 11/2/04 at 1:00am

Pippin and Cats. However, I do feel the latter's omission runs in my favour.

'Try not to have a good time...this is supposed to be educational.' - Lucy Van Pelt

Type_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Type_A_Tiff
#48re: Shows That You Have Never Heard and Should Almost Have Your Musical The
Posted: 11/2/04 at 1:10am

gettinhep - What's up with your username? Is Hep C the cool thing to do or something? re: Shows That You Have Never Heard and Should Almost Have Your Musical The (It was just sticking out at me like a sore thumb.)

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"Good luck returning my ass!" - Wilhemina Slater

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell

Ebonic_Singer