Most annoying songs

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#75re: re: re: re: re: Most annoying songs
Posted: 11/18/03 at 3:29pm

Mr. Cellophane.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

InspectorJavert Profile Photo
InspectorJavert
#76re: re: re: Most annoying songs
Posted: 11/18/03 at 3:43pm

here are a few of the songs i absolutly hate

Suddenly Semour
All I Ask of You
Drink With Me
Dont be the Bunny

Sieze the night!

Unworthy
#77re: re: re: Most annoying songs
Posted: 11/19/03 at 10:35pm

I think Giants in the Sky is a wonderful song.

I really can't stand Surabaya Santa from Songs for a New World, and People from Funny Girl (not a Barbara fan..sorry). I think Hairspray, in its intentional campiness, is one of those things you have to be SEEING to appreciate. Its not quite a musical masterpiece, it just is what it is. Still, Baltimore Crabs is particularly obnoxious.

jesseeinstein
#78re: re: re: re: Most annoying songs
Posted: 11/23/03 at 11:33am

you are nuts MusicMan!
The Riddle Song is genious! Those harmonies! Wow!
And Dont get me started on King of The World! ITS AMAZING!
-----------
A Song that annoys me:
-Castle on a Cloud

A_Boy_From_Oz Profile Photo
A_Boy_From_Oz
#79re: re: re: re: re: Most annoying songs
Posted: 11/23/03 at 11:43am

Adelaide's Lament from Guys and Dolls
Thank Heaven for Little Girls(that song just creeps me out)
Gus the theater cat from Cats

dotmarie Profile Photo
dotmarie
#80re: re: re: re: re: re: Most annoying songs
Posted: 11/23/03 at 11:48am

Music of the Night is way overplayed. I'm getting tired of hearing it every where. Heck, yesterday I was at Best Buy and it was playing. And it was like, a pop version. Ahhh!

MusicMan
#81re: re: re: re: re: Most annoying songs
Posted: 11/23/03 at 12:31pm

Jesseeinstein:

R-i-i-i-i-g-h-t.

KarenWalker Profile Photo
KarenWalker
#82re: re: Most annoying songs
Posted: 11/23/03 at 12:39pm

any Billy Flinn songs from Chicago...i wanna rip my ears off my head

BroadwayGal Profile Photo
BroadwayGal
#83re: Most annoying songs
Posted: 11/23/03 at 1:05pm

Definitely Baltimore Crabs from Hairspray *UGH*
And kinda Gotta Have a Gimmick from Gypsy.. not a huge fan of that one.

*Don't dream too far, don't lose sight of who you are*

Alex the Cat Profile Photo
Alex the Cat
#84re: re: Most annoying songs
Posted: 11/23/03 at 5:07pm

Absolutely #1 has to be 'Tomorrow' from Annie. If for no other reason I refuse to ever watch the movie.

'I'm Just a Girl Who Cain't Say No' from Oklahoma- and also on the Western theme-
'Doin' What Comes Natchurly' or however the hell they spell it, from 'Annie Get your Gun'

And my all-time stinker- 'I Enjoy Being A Girl' from Flower Drum Song, which I had to sing in 7th grade choir and permanently traumatized me.... 'I'm a girl and by me that's only great! I am proud that my silhouette is curvy, that I walk with a sweet and girlish gait, with my hips kind of swivelly and swervey...' I wanted to crawl under a rock every time I had to sing it.

#85re: re: re: Most annoying songs
Posted: 11/29/03 at 10:24am

Sarabaya Santa? Annoying? I find that song hysterical!

lensman55 Profile Photo
lensman55
#86re: Most annoying songs
Posted: 11/29/03 at 12:16pm

>I am going to have to say all the Music from :

>Bye Bye Birdie!

Y'know, I did Bye Bye Birdie (in High School, but I did it.) and I was getting ready to fire off a major defense of the show until I stopped and thought about that damn score.

You're right. Almost every song in that damn thing was annoying! It was like, they were trying to do a deliberate slam on "pop music." Well, they wrote it in the 50s-60s, maybe they were!

"Now and then life hits you on the back of the head with a sock full of wet porridge. How you handle that is up to you." - Tim Rice

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#87re: re: Most annoying songs
Posted: 11/30/03 at 9:17am

Two of the most annoying songs ever written in the history of mankind were little ditties written for a movie musical version of "Shangra La " called "Lost Horizon". Thhey were "Question Me An Answer" & "The World Is A Circle". This score has to be one of the worst ever written for stage or screen & these 2 songs are the worse of a bad batch.

Poster Emeritus

Roscoe
#88re: re: re: Most annoying songs
Posted: 11/30/03 at 9:35am

A lot of what is being sung in The Boy From Oz.

Music of the Night from Phantom

Into the Woods is an excellent score, but it contains two the worst songs Sondheim has ever written, the saccharine No One Is Alone and the totally useless The Last Midnight.

Memory from Cats, unless sung by Elaine Paige.

By The Sea in Sweeney Todd.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

Roscoe
#89re: re: re: Most annoying songs
Posted: 11/30/03 at 9:37am

Mr. Roxy, at the risk of being labelled over-picky, "Lost Horizon" is a musical version of "Lost Horizon," not "Shangri La." "Lost Horizon" was originally a novel by James Hilton that was filmed by Frank Capra in the 1930s.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#90re: re: re: re: Most annoying songs
Posted: 11/30/03 at 10:09am

Point well taken but it basically was a musical of the Shanra La story - They are still 2 annoying songs

Poster Emeritus

XxDiVaSpArKleXx
#91re: re: re: re: re: Most annoying songs
Posted: 11/30/03 at 4:02pm

*Anything from "Cats" (even Memory has been beaten into the ground)
* Tomorrow from "Annie"
*Ribbons Down My Back
*Anything from "Mama Mia"

GlamourGirl.

Earl Wilson: "Have you ever been mistaken for a man on the telephone?" Tallulah: "No, have you?"

MyNameInLights Profile Photo
MyNameInLights
#92re: re: re: re: re: re: Most annoying songs
Posted: 11/30/03 at 4:36pm

I absolutely DESPISE Memory from Cats with a passion! Once upon a midnight dreary I was obsessed with that song, but now I can't even bear to think about it! LoL.
Castle On a Cloud- and Les Mis is my favorite show! I have the 10th anniversary recording and the girl playing young Cosette frightens me.
Without You- RENT is my baby, but I just CANNOT stand this song. That's the only song I never bothered to memorize on the entire recording.
The Impossible Dream- Don't even get me started...

I'm sure there is much more, I'm just having a huge brain fart.

Princess MimiChica: I absolutely love RENT with all my heart, but you have to realize that not everyone is a RENTHead like us. I think it's only necessary to defend the show if someone slams it without even giving it the slightest chance. You do have good points though. PM if you ever want to talk about the show! :)

"The stage is where I live and come alive and act out all the things that go on in my life. It's not just what I do for a living, it's my shrink and my love affair. No one in my life has ever or ever will kiss me on the mouth like this lover called my relationship with my performance."

MyNameInLights Profile Photo
MyNameInLights
#93re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Most annoying songs
Posted: 11/30/03 at 4:38pm

OH! I forgot the ENTIRE recording of Mamma Mia... I know it's wrong to say, but that's just whack yourself upside the head with a blunt object annoying. Sorry if I offended anyone!

"The stage is where I live and come alive and act out all the things that go on in my life. It's not just what I do for a living, it's my shrink and my love affair. No one in my life has ever or ever will kiss me on the mouth like this lover called my relationship with my performance."

StateOfJade Profile Photo
StateOfJade
#94re: re: re: re: Most annoying songs
Posted: 11/30/03 at 6:49pm

I really am sick of hearing RENT being called "annoying"! obviously if she songs were annoying, it wouldnt still be on Broadway!
Anyone who can call the entire score of that show annoying is really kidding themselves and trying too hard to be different and go against something thats popular.
Oh well, let the flames begin!

There are things called O-P-I-N-I-O-N-S. Anf if EVERYONE on the board decided to defend their favorite show in this thread just because one or two people said they didn't like it, imagine the chaos. CALM DOWN.

"I really liked the show--Wish I saw Boy's Night...Am I allowed as I am not a boy anymore:)"-duffyny1

JoizeyActor Profile Photo
JoizeyActor
#95re: re: re: re: re: Most annoying songs
Posted: 11/30/03 at 6:51pm

Seasons of Love -- RENT

Cutiepie2
#96re: re: re: re: re: Most annoying songs
Posted: 11/30/03 at 7:05pm

I TOTALY agree with MimiShaqa! If you think Rent is annying you are just trying to be different by not likeing what is popular becaus evrybody knows that if something is poplar it has to be good!! So just liten up and keep negativity to yourself and be happy!! LOL!!

I'm so cute!! That's what they tell me! They tell me I'm so cute!!

citylights
#97re: re: re: re: re: re: Most annoying songs
Posted: 11/30/03 at 7:18pm

That song from Oklahoma.."She went about as fur as she could go" Not sure of the title but it makes me want to scream.

"Memory" from Cats...The girl who sang this in some talent show had this whiny annoying voice and I've hated it since, even with someone else. Eesh.

Anything & everything from Sound of Music- I was Liesl in it awhile back...enough said.

Also, I went through this Annie phase when I was little and I cannot listen to anything from it anymore.

"I really am sick of hearing RENT being called "annoying"! obviously if she songs were annoying, it wouldnt still be on Broadway!
Anyone who can call the entire score of that show annoying is really kidding themselves and trying too hard to be different and go against something thats popular.
Oh well, let the flames begin! "

Princess MimiChica: I'm a huge fan of RENT too, seen it multiple times and everything. But it's sort of a show that you either love love love or can't stand. I find the entire score of Annie & Sound of Music horribly bad, so people can think all of Rent is pretty much the same. And about 'if it was annoying it wouldn't be on Broadway'...CATS ran for a long, long time, and it was pretty damn annoying. People are allowed to have their own opinions and not be flamed for "trying too hard to be different". That's what message boards are for. Need I go into the spiel of "If we were all the same, the world would be boring"? I think not.

StateOfJade Profile Photo
StateOfJade
#98re: re: re: re: re: re: Most annoying songs
Posted: 11/30/03 at 7:22pm

I TOTALY agree with MimiShaqa! If you think Rent is annying you are just trying to be different by not likeing what is popular becaus evrybody knows that if something is poplar it has to be good!! So just liten up and keep negativity to yourself and be happy!! LOL!!

*Dazed* Are you for real?

"I really liked the show--Wish I saw Boy's Night...Am I allowed as I am not a boy anymore:)"-duffyny1

marincrazy11 Profile Photo
marincrazy11
#99re: re: re: re: re: re: Most annoying songs
Posted: 12/2/03 at 1:15pm

I'm going to have go with ye old standards of "Tomorrow", "Castle on A Cloud", "Memory" becuase I have heard way too many kids singing them at auditions! Scary! And "Baltimore Crabs" just because I can't stand it!

"Did you know that if you take the first two vowels in Olive and rearrange them it spells I-Love?"-Spelling Bee "It's night like this that hotel bars were specifically made." Light In The Piazza